X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 9/07/2017

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    I'm going to say we all made our goals again; some of us made one goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    None of us didn't make any goals.

OTHER:
    --

Exercise Tip:
    I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goal of exercising 3 days. 2 days I rode my bike. The other days I did housework. Sweeping is a real work out.

I hope everyone is well and had a great week.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

I made both goals.

Here are my current goals:
      1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now.
      2. Do my PT exercises at least 6 times out of 7 days. Attending PT appointment will count; I might, or might not, also do PT exercises on appointment days.

Steps plus exercise:
      Th- 1622, PT at home

F - 1683, PT appt.
      S - 925, PT at home
      S - 1704, PT at home
      Mon - 1281, PT at home
      Tue - 1513; PT appt
      W - 1365; PT at home
      Total: 10,093 steps. Average: 1442 steps per day

My sprained toe is still healing.

Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement with physical therapy. It's difficult to know if it is helping, yet. It might be, since I might get less tired following my appointments. I haven't really noticed a difference in strength, but I'm not sure how to measure that.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I met all goals this week .

Walked over 3000 steps all 7 days this week, averaged 3352 steps / day.
        Instead of PT or Bike I spent Sat pulling stuff out of shed for community yard sale coming up this week-end. Then on Mon I got out items from the kitchen cabinets that I have not used in 20 years , and decided that it is past time to get rid of. And lets not forget that all of these items needed to be cleaned.
        I say that I exercised for 2 days this week. I did do 'balance' PT 2x this week - goal met.

I am not actually feeling better (still achy and itching like crazy ) but the overwhelming exhaustion is mostly gone. Or at least I can push through it now .

Faith - good job on re-working your goals to include the PT. I am sure that it is doing more than you are seeing right now.

Reg - I agree - sweeping is a job! I find myself discouraged when after I sweep I find that I am too tired to mop, then by the time I am recovered enough to mop I need to sweep again . Oh how I miss the days when I could sweep and mop the entire house in one afternoon.

Great job to all who are moving more .

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal of walk/stand/activity (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day, each day - and daily stretches.

I've increased my leg stretches to twice a day, hoping that will help with my walking.

Looks like everyone is doing their best to accomplish their goals.

Wishing the best for all of us.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made it!

My goal was 7000 steps 5 days out of 7 and 3 days on my elliptical.

The elliptical went well, and on the step count I was short by 148 steps on the 5th day, but I had 11 flights of stairs that day (my average is 4) so I'm counting that as a good day. Stairs are harder than walking steps!

Faith, I know PT is slow to feel like it helps much, but keep at it. Slow & steady wins!
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
            Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I didn't make all my goals this week. My longest time girlfriend's husband and good friend to us, left the hospital a week ago to pass his remaining days at home. I was there each day to help out. Bill passed away this morning...

I did manage to do a lot of house cleaning - both at my house and theirs.

I will try to get back on a lighter schedule for next week, but I'm so fatigued and exhausted.

Goal for next week:
              Arm exercises - 2x/wk
              Gardening and harvesting 2x/week
              Yoga class and at home
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Seasha, I'm sorry about your friend passing away. I know it meant a lot your girlfriend being there with her and helping.

I hope you are able to get some rest and feel better.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Seasha,
                  I'm very sorry about your friend's passing. I hope you can all find peace.
                  Tina
                  "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                  Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

Getting them all done was a struggle this week. I feel a real sense of accomplishment. Mamabug that is great that you are persisting with physical therapy. You will truly benefit.
                    Seasha, so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. All that house cleaning definitely counts as exercise.
                    msgijo, good for you for completing all exercises. Goodness taking things from shed and your cabinets are certainly exercises. Good for you.
                    Congratulations to all who are persisting with exercises.
                    Best wishes, Karen

Comment

Working...
                    X