Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/7/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/7/17

Hi Everyone. I feel a bit bummed out. Summer is virtually over and before we know it so will be fall. Then the challenges of winter. Sorry if I sound negative but I am having increasing difficulties walking and it is frightening. I’m having more of a challenge getting my walker in and out of my car. The only bright spot in my reveries is that I am not overweight and don’t have to bear that burden. If I need personal assistance like being partially lifted my weight would not be an impediment. The fact is I have had to have help getting into the van that takes me to and from some of my medical appointments such as giving me a partial lift. The drivers aren’t always the strongest. On to a brighter note, soon the leaves will be displaying their awesome fall colors.

I made my goal. I lost half a pound so weigh 115.5. I still don’t have my freezer fixed so my food choices still are not always the best. I will try to lose another half pound this coming week.

Agate, my goodness but you have been busy. That is bad news about the power failure. As hot as your weather has been having no air conditioning because of the power failure must have been catastrophic. Congratulations for staying the same. Be well.

Mamabug, good for you for showing another loss this week even though it was small. Small is always better than the alternative. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, I hope all is going smoothly with so much going on. Hope to hear from you soon.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well.

Msgijo, so sorry to hear you have been feeling so bad. I do hope you are better now. That’s not a bad loss especially considering where you are in the weight control process. Sorry about your freezer problems. Mine still isn’t fixed. Why is complicated but hope to have it fixed soon. Best wishes.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Make your wardrobe match your goals. As you lose weight donate the clothes that no longer fit you as an incentive to stay on track.”

I have mixed feelings about this advice. The scot in me tells me to keep larger clothes just in case. I have gotten rid of the ones that were much too big but ones that are a bit too large I have a problem donating. That is almost a negative attitude about ongoing success which is not a good thing. I must be more optimistic. My closet will thank me for it.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.1 pounds by two members. Congratulations on losing. Every little bit counts. Those fractions do add up.

Total Gain:

.5 pounds by 1 member. I did It again. Sorry to ruin our perfect record for the week. Once again I am an example of what not to do. I hope I am acting as a deterrent.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4020.11 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 3.1 pounds . Still in range but OH MY!
    Guess that I need to leave the ice cream cones alone . I will try to lose half a pound this week.

8/31 115.3
    9/7 118.4

I can't say that I am actually feeling better - still achy and itching like crazy - but the overwhelming exhaustion is mostly gone. Which is good as there will be a community yard sale this week-end and I need to get rid of some stuff .
    And we are starting on appeal of my husband's LTD. NOT looking forward to the process even though we have an attorney lined up (we will talk with him later today).

I am like Karen with the tip of the week - my weight will not stay the same long enough for me to get rid of much else in my closet. I DID clean it out within the past year, and it wouldn't hurt to do it again, but the 4 pound range I am in is enough to make me keep different sizes.

Karen - good loss. I hope that your freezer is fixed soon. Keep up the good work.

Agate - I thought of you this week as I snacked on ice-cream cones (yeah more than one each time). And as you can see from my weight gain this week I am going to think about them for awhile . Sorry to hear about the unexpected medical bills. It is always stressful (for me) to have to deal with finances and the 'pot holes' that show up really hurt.

Faith - good job! Keep up the good work. Hoping that your PT is helping.

Good luck to all this week .

Comment

Lost 0.2 lbs

08/10/17: 134.8 lbs
      08/17/17: 135.8 lbs
      8/24/17: 134.8 lbs
      8/31/17: 134.4 lbs

9/07/17: 134.2 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm down 2.4 lbs from 217.7 two weeks ago to 215.3 this week.

The horse show was amazing, but LONG hours (we were there until 12 am on Friday night and 10:30 on Sunday night!) But it's SO amazing seeing my photos on a website and knowing that people are actually BUYING them!!! In fact, I've been asked to work another show at the end of September! I have to juggle childcare since my hubby has gone back to work now, but even that is just falling into place, so I'm definitely going to go for it!

My parents leave tomorrow morning. It's been a wonderful visit and I loved having them around. I'm definitely going to miss them a lot.

Like I mentioned, Hubby went back to work on Tuesday and the girls had their first day of school today. It's just amazing how quickly time is flying by. I feel like this summer flew by SO quickly and I look back and just wonder what happened.

The weather is cooler and more conducive to walking--at the show this weekend, I averaged 13,000 per day! My feet were hurting!!

I'm still looking for the magic wand that will slow time down. But over the weekend I watched a TED talk on procrastination. He mentioned the "instant gratification monkey" and the "panic monster." This basically sums up my life! LOL! If you look it up on youtube, it's funny to watch.

Comment

Working...
        X