Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/24/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/24/17

Hi Everyone. I’m so happy to see all the activity this past week. That is wonderful that folks are so supportive of one another. Pooh, it was great to hear from you and how well you are doing. It is so positive that you all are taking the weight issue seriously. Less weight definitely makes life easier in general. May we continue to go forward.

Well I did not go forward this week. I gained l.5 pounds so weigh 115.5. Some may be an increase in fluid because of too much salt but not all of it. My motivation level seemed to be less and I’m not sure why. All I can say is that I will do my best to lose at least half a pound this coming week.

Agate, glad to see you back with your reliable, “stayed the same.” You truly need to patent it! Keep up the momentum.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain, but for you it is the time before the next loss. May you have a good one this coming week.

Hsmaldo, sorry about your gain but it is not surprising given that you were on vacation. I am sure you will get back into the swing of things. I relate to doing as much as you can while you can. I did the same and don’t regret it one bit. Now I cant imagine how I did it all. Have a wonderful time with your parents’ visit. Enjoy!

Poohb3ar, it is so good to hear from you. That is wonderful that you have continued to lose weight. I am sure the little ones are keeping you young. So sorry about the osteoporosis but am glad you are receiving treatment. I do hope we hear from you again soon.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but so glad you are in your buffer zone. Since we aren’t Agate we must keep balancing the gains with the losses. That is good that your husband is paying more attention to his diet. It is helpful to have a team member. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Go nuts with nuts. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture.”

Nuts are healthful with healthy fat and some protein. However, they are very high in calories so must be eaten with caution. Walnuts especially are high in omega 3 which is an a:dded plus.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss

3.9 pounds by two members. What a nice loss. You two are our positive examples for the week. Reading about successes is truly uplifting and once again proof that it can be done.

Total Gain:

4.1 pounds by 3 members. Thank you for reporting. We need to be reminded that gaining can and does happen to the best of us. Keep fighting the good fight.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses. Agate, glad to see you back!

4015.21 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Thanks everyone for all the words of encouragement!

So, the evening after I posted how I want to slow down, I got an email from the photographer I worked for back in July asking if I could do another show! I just CAN'T turn this down! So I told him I was available and we'll see how/if he works me into the schedule. Part of me is torn though because it's during the time that my parents are here--but I talked with them and they said they'd be okay with me going--as long as they get to spend time with their granddaughters!

Honestly, part of me is super excited, and the other part of me is like--Noooo! I just want to stay home in bed!!

Other good news is that I'm down .7 lbs from 218.4 to 217.7.

The weather is also cooling off here and it's SO beautiful--low humidity and sunny but cooler. I've been taking walks with my coworker during our morning break. We get in a mile during those 15 minutes, which is good.

I've also been trying to work on getting to bed earlier myself. It's a struggle when nobody but me has to get up in the morning. Poor hubby is going to have a huge shock when he has to go back to work and his alarm starts ringing at 5:30! But he has been getting up around 7 the last few days instead of 9 with the girls! So maybe it won't be TOO bad!

My parents come in today and I'm looking forward to their visit. I'll check in again next week!

Comment

2 weeks in a row!

never thought that would be a record for me for checking in!

hsmaldo, how nice to be in demand! good luck with juggling your photography!

thanks for all the encouragement everyone!

the idea of exercising example with the kiddos is great! i can hardly wrestle the Wii away from my 4 yr old now! she also loves yoga. now if we can keep the baby from crawling on us while we do yoga we'll have it made! we do get some walks in with the stroller.
      though i'm not as toned as i'd like to be, i'm wearing a size 12 jeans!!! feels so good!

small loss .2 lb for 132.5 this week. we've all had terrible colds and then stomach bugs. ugh-just happy to survive so far.

praying all stay well and happy !
      poohb3ar
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Lost 1.0 lbs

08/10/17: 134.8 lbs
        08/17/17: 135.8 lbs
        8/24/17: 134.8 lbs

lol -- back to where I was a week ago.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 1.9 pounds . One pound under goal and still in range.

8/17 117.9
          8/24 116.0

It's great to see everyone - and all posted losses. Great job . Keep up the good work!
          Well, except for Karen. But I have to confess that sodium is wonderful way for me to gain weight also. And it makes everything taste so good . I find it easier to not use as much salt if I reach for other seasoning, but some things are simply not as good without the salt.
          At least that weight is the easiest to lose - just leave the salt alone and drink plenty of water.

Good luck to all this week .

Comment

Working...
          X