Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/17/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/17/17

Hi Everyone. Here we are again. It seems like yesterday that I was writing this paragraph for the 10th. I hardly know what to say. I have been in a pensive mood with important parts of my life coming into focus. Part of my reverie included changes in my weight over the years. I have never been huge but my adult weight would vary about 20 pounds until I was on medication about 18 years ago culminating on fifteen years ago starting this forum because I wasn’t being successful in getting rid of the 40 pounds I had gained. This group has been a godsend for me. I don’t think left to my own devices I would ever have lost all of the undesirable weight and kept it off. I am most grateful to all of you that have participated over the years.

Thank heaven. I lost a pound and I now weigh 114. Now I need to focus on losing a half pound this coming week. I still want to get down to 113, the lower end of my goal of 115 average. I know I cannot remain static like Agate so want to shoot for lower than the midpoint.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope you are well. Your “stayed the same” response is also missed.

Mamabug, nice loss. Its great that you are still on track. Those vacation pounds will all be gone before you know it. I am impressed that you are in a size 10 and I am sure that number is going to shrink more as your weight continues to go down. Keep going in the right direction.

Hsmaldo, I am astonished every time you tell us all that you do. I can’t imagine how you can do the work of at least three people while coping with MS. You are a true wonder. I’m sorry you had to throw out all that good food because no one would eat it. I do hope you are enjoying your vacation. You truly deserve it. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your parents. Best wishes,
    Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope all is well and that you will let us know soon.

Msgijo, good for you for losing. I’m pleased to hear you say that reporting in here is a good motivator for you. I find the same and have these many years. I agree with you about the clothes hassle. I’m so pleased to hear your life is less hectic now than it was. Keep fighting the good fight.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Boost your metabolism with some green tea or chili peppers.” I had never heard this before and don’t know from where this conclusion came initially. For example was this statement the result of well defined research. At least it can’t hurt so may be worth a try.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.1 pounds by two members. Congratulations on your successes. May we all follow your example this coming week. Reading about successes is truly uplifting and once again proof that it can be done.

Total Gain:

6.6 pounds by 2 members. This is not as severe as it sounds because most of that number is a cumulative total occurring over several weeks. Congratulations on admitting the truth which as we know is a reminder that it can happen to the best of us

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses. Agate, where are you!

is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Sorry I missed out here. Housing recertification paperwork has had to be done, and I stay entirely too busy at this particular time of year, but the worst of it is over for now.

My weight is still at 121. I eat a monotonous diet, and so maybe it's not so surprising that my weight stays the same. A button is about to come off of a pair of pants, though, and that tells me that I really need to drop some pounds.
    MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Well I gained this week, 1.3 pounds, for result of 117.9 pounds. Not too concerned as I am only 0.9 pounds over goal weight of 117 and I am still in buffer zone.

I 'felt' that I was gaining this week. I have not felt well this week, and took the easy way out eating most days. Too many frozen dinners, too much 'junk' food instead of actually preparing healthy meals .

Agate, like you I find the scales only verify what I already know from what my clothes tell me about my weight . My husband and I are in the middle of paperwork mountains also, and it is all falling on me to complete (his vision and eye-hand coordination is bad enough that he simply cannot help). Hopefully I will complete the remaining forms today and post them tomorrow.
      Since he is finally starting to work on his diet (some) it would be to our advantage if I would help out here and have healthy options to eat ...

Karen, I too prefer to be at the lower end of my buffer instead of on goal weight or at top end of buffer zone. But because I know that I wont eat like Agate does I have to make myself stay within my zone and be happy about it. Not to say that I wont try to loose a pound this week .

Good luck to all this week .

Comment

Gained 1.0 lbs

07/20/17: 132.2 lbs
        07/27/17: 135.8 lbs
        08/03/17: 135.6 lbs
        08/10/17: 134.8 lbs
        08/17/17: 135.8 lbs
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm back from vacation and it was wonderful! Though I think 2 weeks would have been better and we even contemplated staying a 2nd week because we found a GREAT deal. Alas, too many dr appointments were set up for this week and my parents are coming, so it would've been more work to reschedule everything.

We only ate out twice, the rest of the time, I cooked, which I had actually MISSED!! I'm up 1.8 lbs from 216.6 to 218.4, but I enjoyed a drink each night, along with ice cream, as well as a trip to Olive Garden last night for dinner, so I'm not surprised--though the good thing is that I brought over half of my dinner home last night because I couldn't finish it all!

Karen, I'll be honest, while I'm extremely grateful for my lack of symptoms and ability to go 110% all the time, I feel that at some point it's just going to all hit me and hit me hard. I'm going to be 40 this October and think I just subconsciously have this mindset of "let me get it all in, experience as much as I can, do as much as possible, while I still can."

I DO wish I could slow down. I WANT to slow down. And somewhere in the dark recess of my mind, I almost wish that something would force me to slow down. But then the rational part of me knows that I don't want a flare. But it almost seems like that would be the only thing that would give me "permission" to slow down.

However, vacation was wonderful--it was a great balance of activities that we all enjoyed and some relaxing, just sitting in front of the tv doing nothing time!

I'm back at work this morning, but my parents are coming on Thursday and will be here for two weeks--they're leaving the same day that the girls start back to school. I'm hoping this all works out okay--I want the girls to start getting to bed earlier, but my parents tend to stay up later (my mom especially has a hard time sleeping), so we'll see how this all works out. I'm going to take some more time off while my parents are here and will do some more relaxing--sitting on the front porch swing, maybe some fishing, walks with my dad--REALLY looking forward to this time together!

I'll try to check back in on Thursday! Have a great week everyone!

Comment

HI! I AM ALIVE!

can't believe we're nearing the end of august!

shrink, i know you thought i'd dropped off the earth! i can't remember a time when my life was busier! my age and disabilities and more sleep needs don't help with all that needs to be done with a almost 5 yr old and crawling/ toddling 10 mo old!!!

though my weight loss is going well. since i last checked in in june?? i've lost 2.4 lbs.for 132.7!
            lowest i've been in forever. don't even have time to clean out my closet or hardly go get clothes that actually fit! not much structured exercise so belly isn't tightening like i want.
            getting in TONS of squats in redirecting the turbo crawling baby.

have been dx'd with osteoporosis in my hips and lower back pretty bad. am taking meds. he said it was due to all the roids over the years.
            sure wish neuros would tell you what all those roids are doing to your bones! i was already a prime candidate for it. now have to be extra careful not to break a hip or my back while taking care of the kids.
            i just keep on doing what i'm suppose to do and trust the Lord with the rest.

praying all of you are doing well. hope to get a chance sooner to check back in.

God bless ya'll!
            poohb3ar
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

msgijo, when you said

But because I know that I wont eat like Agate does I have to make myself stay within my zone and be happy about it.
              I had to hang my head in shame. Yesterday I was wrapped up in a book I was listening to and just kept on reaching into a bag of cookies--ate 360 calories worth of cookies in just a short time, which amounts to about 1/3 of the daily calorie intake for me.

Not a very balanced diet. My excuse is that it isn't very often that you're living right in the path of a near-total eclipse. I was fairly worked up about having a chance to see such an event.

It was supposed to be 99.5% total here. It got very dark, and I did get to see it with eclipse glasses supplied by the local library and brought to me by my son.

It also got quite cold--on a day when it was in the 80s and 90s otherwise.
              MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                ... I had to hang my head in shame. Yesterday I was wrapped up in a book I was listening to and just kept on reaching into a bag of cookies--ate 360 calories worth of cookies in just a short time, which amounts to about 1/3 of the daily calorie intake for me...
                LOL - I do that most every week - especially when I manage a loss. I am usually remembering the 3 snack size candy bars I ate as a night time snack or the doughnut that I 'sneaked' in. I rationalize it by the end result. You are still my hero, but more so now that I know that you are human .

poohb3ar - Just a thought but now would be an excellent time to teach the grands about the importance of exercise. Maybe some sit-ups or they could do jumping jacks. If I remember correctly they should be at the copy-cat stage , and may get a kick out of 'beating' grandmother with the exercises. Several of my DH's core PT exercises involve silly stuff like laying on floor and raising each leg up (and holding) or laying on floor and twisting lower body side to side while keeping shoulders flat on floor. Just be careful that you make it to the floor in a controlled manner (vs a fall ). DH has bad shoulders and hips but he uses the 'fall method' to get down .

hsmaldo - Good to hear that you had such a great vacation. Too many times vacation are more stressful than not . And understandable that you gained weight - that was part of the relaxing (not worried about weight). Now you are entering back into a structured routine and can try to use the plans you had come up with recently (cook more healthy meals, get sleep and continue with walking) to get back on the 'losing' trend . And since I am still mobile after 24 years of MS ( not as good I used to be but able to do most of what I need to do ) I do understand the "do it while I can" feeling. Strangely the things that I regret not doing involve taking downtime to enjoy what was going on in my life at that time with the children, my grandparents etc. I am trying to play catch-up with my granddaughter now...

Mamabug - Bad about the gain, but know that you are in good company - the lose a little, lose a little, then GAIN club . Your track record tells us that you will lose for a little while now .

Comment

Welcome Back!

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
                  can't believe we're nearing the end of august!

shrink, i know you thought i'd dropped off the earth! i can't remember a time when my life was busier! my age and disabilities and more sleep needs don't help with all that needs to be done with a almost 5 yr old and crawling/ toddling 10 mo old!!!

though my weight loss is going well. since i last checked in in june?? i've lost 2.4 lbs.for 132.7!
                  lowest i've been in forever. don't even have time to clean out my closet or hardly go get clothes that actually fit! not much structured exercise so belly isn't tightening like i want.
                  getting in TONS of squats in redirecting the turbo crawling baby.

have been dx'd with osteoporosis in my hips and lower back pretty bad. am taking meds. he said it was due to all the roids over the years.
                  sure wish neuros would tell you what all those roids are doing to your bones! i was already a prime candidate for it. now have to be extra careful not to break a hip or my back while taking care of the kids.
                  i just keep on doing what i'm suppose to do and trust the Lord with the rest.

praying all of you are doing well. hope to get a chance sooner to check back in.

God bless ya'll!
                  poohb3ar
                  Pooh, it is so good to hear from you. So glad to hear you are doing so well weight wise. I can well image those grandkids keep you hopping. Sorry to hear about the osteoporosis. I can relate. For years I had osteopenia (a lesser form of the disease) and it has only gotten worse. Mine is also from steroids but I knew that could happen. But what is one to do. I have been on a couple of meds the most important one I have had at a maximum amount. Best wishes to you and your family. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X