Exercise Check-In for 6/8/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 6/8/2017

Let's start a thread for this week. I have out of town company, including a 13 month old grandson, so I won't spend much time this week posting.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goal. I had to force myself because I'm still not feeling well. A lot of burning on legs and feet and arms and muscle spasms.

Good luck to everyone.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
      I made my goal. I had to force myself because I'm still not feeling well. A lot of burning on legs and feet and arms and muscle spasms.

Good luck to everyone.
      REG53 Hope you're feeling better soon. I think it takes our bodies longer to recover, even after the infection is under control.

Glad you made goal anyway - I did too!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

my goals

1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, OR average at least 2200 steps per day.
        2. Perform my husbands PT exercises 2x week OR ride the exercise bike once for 10 minutes

I met all of my goals this week
        i walked over 3000 steps for 6 days, averaged 3595 steps per day, rode the bike for 10 minutes 1 day, and did dh's PT exercises on 3 days (yeah I even did the 'core' exercises that require me taking the time out to just do them ).
        I also performed all of the daily and weekly chores around here as well as assisting DH with his rehab/recovery.

Unfortunately I overate and gained almost 4 pounds .
        I will keep the same goals for next week and add weight loss goals to them.

REG53 - hope you feel better soon. It is hard to stay motivated to push when you are feeling bad. Great Job!

KoKo - hope that you are seeing some improvement - if not then at least seeing no decrease in function. Great job on making your goals !
        One of the PT exercises that I am doing is standing like a flamingo - one leg up and the other supporting me. 15 seconds each leg then change sides. 10 reps. It is allowed to hold onto something so that you don't lose your balance.
        This is one that I can do while I am doing something else (like cooking, or waiting on the dogs to come to the house from a 'business' run ).

Best of luck to all with your goals .

Comment

Hi msgijo

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
          I met all of my goals this week
          A++ on your exercise goals!

KoKo - hope that you are seeing some improvement - if not then at least seeing no decrease in function. Great job on making your goals !
          Thank you!

Unfortunately I overate and gained almost 4 pounds
          I'll gladly take those 4 pounds from you, ok?

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo and msgijo, Thank you both and good job meeting your goals.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I keep plodding along. Congratulations to all who are doing their best to meet their goals. Karen

Comment

Hi all,
                Congratulations to every one who achieved what they wanted.
                Reg , hope you feel better.
                Faith , enjoy your little grandsons visit.

Been a very chaotic week for me trying to get things sorted for away time at our farm.
                So although i have been active it hasn't been 'balanced' activity and my back is pretty painful at the moment. Last weeks 'jobs' only partially completed. Only did ab/circle pro twice.

Will complete lawn and pond cleanup and go for a good long walk this week.
                Walking helps back pain. Straight up and don't trip over own feet!

Good luck everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X