• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 5/25/2017

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED: We all made our goals!

GOALS MISSED: None this week.

Partial goals are fine. They are better than nothing. And, listening to your body is fine, too, and taking a break from making your goal when you need to. I love the way, too, that you help each other out with encouragement and suggestions.

Exercise Tip: I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish.

For new Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own personal goals that are realistic for you. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Goals may include anything from doing your physical therapy to pedometer / fitbit steps to exercise classes to WiiFit exercises or even grocery shopping, housework, yard work if it feels like a workout. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

We're sort of flexible about determining whether you made goals -- you decide. Sometimes, if you didn't do exactly what you had planned, but something else comparable, we count it.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals

One or both:
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
    2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.

Th: 2531; F: 1851; S:1554: ; S: 1924; M1957: ; T: 2558; W: 2134; Total = 13,715; Average 1959.

W: Silver Sneakers class at the YMCA for 1 hour.

Next week: Same goals.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

made goal

Hi Mamabug and all

Made my goal - walk/stand 35 min (with rollator), 3x every day.

Believe it or not, adding just 5 min to my usual 30 min was a struggle, and that extra 5 minutes seemed to take forever!

But it was doable, and it did get a little easier as the week went on.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone's week went.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

With extra effort made all my goals. Congratulations to all who are making their best attempts. Karen

Comment

I did not meet my goal this week . I only made 3000 steps on two days. I am going to blame it on the heat - I am just feeling so tired (more than normal).

Will try to do better next week ...

Comment

Working...
          X