Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/25/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/25/17

Hi Everyone. I hope you are all doing well. And I hope all will remain safe and sound. That horrible suicide bombing in Manchester England has truly impacted people around the world. I know it affected me and it is hard to get my mind on matters at hand. I hope you are all doing well and are continuing to fight the weight battle. I saw a picture of Cher in concert with a sexy outfit she wore many years ago. She is now 71 and looks great. Of course she has had enhancements but her weight is for real. If she can do it we can do it! Sit back and recommit your weight loss goals whether you are still trying to lose or are maintaining. We may not be Cher but we can strive to be out ideal selves.

I managed to lose a pound this week but my goal was only .5. I thus weigh 117, two pounds over my goal weight. I will try my best to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I do hope everything is ok. Do let us know how things are going.

Mamabug, I hear you. Returning to your old plan does sound daunting. I can’ t imagine going back on Atkins. You still remain in a good range which is a true victory. Staying the same this week is certainly positive. Keep up your momentum.

Hsmaldo, good for you for staying the same once again despite the ongoing pressure. I’m glad to hear the horse show was a fun outing. I do hope your car woes are not still plaguing you. I certainly hear you regarding the extreme pressure you have been under. I don’t know how you cope with it so well. Continue counting your blessings.

Poohb3ar, its so good to hear from you. Wow. Two little ones to be totally responsible for is more than many could handle. Do find some time for yourself. That’s great that you lost the recently gained weight. I hope we hear from you again soon. Keep up the good work.

Msgijo, that’s very good that you stayed within your goal weight. Losing more than intended puts you one step ahead in the process. Now if you gain some it won’t be catastrophic. Keep doing what your are doing to avoid gaining more than you would like. You truly are a winner.

Sardi g we would love to have you as a member in our dedicated group. Just weigh at the same time each week and post results. You mentioned Weight Watchers. Past members have lost weight on that program. As I mentioned above each person chooses his or her own method. If you do join WW I hope you will continue reporting on this blog. We are here to cheer you on.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does, so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week.”

I am putting in a plug for Mamabug’s exercise group. Dr Oz is right about this to which I can affirm personally. Exercise enhances one’s overall health whether it be strength training or any exercises of your choice.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.3 pounds by two members. Congratulations to you both. Seeing losses is a message to all that it can be done. You two are our inspirations for the week.

Total Gain:

.5 pound reported by one member. Guess who. I do confess. It just shows it can happen to the best of us. LOL Reporting gains is an important part of the weight loss process because they remind us that it can happen.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3991.91 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 10 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Still the same at 213. This is still good news for me since the scale was just climbing and climbing prior to the past few weeks. Now that I've halted that upward progression, I will focus on having that number decline.

My goals last week of sleeping more--fail. drinking more water--eh, could have been worse, could have been better. drinking the apple cider vinegar--met that one! Yay! and eating fewer desserts/sweets--there were a few nights where I went to bed with no dessert, but others (like last night) where I snacked on chips at 11:30 at night. so I'd say that one was a wash.

Update on last week's stress--car is running perfectly fine now with the new ac unit now that it's been raining and the high of only 60-70's this week! LOL!

The garage sale went great--I didn't sell much, but the missions team made quite a bit--enough that I suggested to them that they do it again in June (but since I suggested it, I worked it around the horse show dates so I don't have to choose!) I currently have all the stuff still priced and sitting in my living room--I'm one step ahead this time!

After the garage sale, I went to the horse show for a little bit. I started a conversation with one of the official event photographers as we were taking pictures. Long story short, I showed her some of the pictures I had taken from the previous weekend's show and she introduced me to her boss who has asked if I would want to work 2 shows as one of his photographers. OH MY GOODNESS!! To say I'm excited about the prospect would be an understatement!

My only concerns are 1) I've never done a show and these events last 4-5 days and are in July and August--they are long days and could be HOT outside (and the events would all be outside). I'm not sure how my MS would affect me--but have looked into cooling vests and scarfs to help combat that. They are also located about 5 1/2 hours away from home, so I'd be staying in a hotel for a few nights (not a huge issue for me), but definitely a commitment!

2) I've never worked for pay before, just enjoyed taking the pictures and I was NOT looking for this, but it really did just fall into my lap. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet--though my friends and family think otherwise, I know there's a difference between shooting for fun/personal use and having the pressure of performing at a professional level for pay.

My hubby is TOTALLY on board with this and supportive, which is great. I'm still shocked over how the whole thing came about and excited about it since it would be a great opportunity!

Volleyball also started this week--it was fun to get out and play--and there were no injuries (yay!) The first game of the season always makes me nervous about getting back into it, but we were fine!

Thanks again for letting me ramble and share! Obviously I'm still on cloud 9 and my mood is GREATLY improved from last week! LOL!! This has helped to keep my eating on track since I know that my mood and what I eat are pretty closely connected.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Lost again - 1.1 pounds

Not sure how that happened - yeah I was kinda watching what I ate, but it seemed to me to be mostly the wrong things . I had chips one night as my bedtime snack (more than a serving), we ate out one day and even I could taste the salt (sodium) and I got a pie so that I could have warm pie with icecream on top of it as a dessert (yum).

5/19 115.3
      5/25 114.2
      So now I am below my goal weight of 117 - even below the 'buffer' I allow myself of 2 pounds either way. I need to gain a pound this week. But ONLY a pound .

Good news is that my neuro agreed that I was going through too much at this time - with dh's recovery / rehab, doctor appts and just EVERYTHING - to attempt to start a new DMD at this time. I will see him again in 6 months unless anything comes up. We did narrow the list down somewhat and I let him know the few drugs that I would even consider .

hsmaldo - I predict that this week you will see a loss. With volleyball going on and your new positive outlook on life things will surely look up (or is it down?) in the weight department. Good luck

Karen - A nice loss. Remember that our weight can change as much as 2 pounds a day with minimal changes in our diets and/or exercise habits. The additional .5 pounds you lost just puts you a little closer to your desired goal weight .

Memorial Day is the official kickoff to summer cook-outs so let's all be aware of our goals and not go overboard this weekend if there are cookouts or parties involved. Unless of course it is your goal to gain .

Comment

Lost 0.4 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights: 01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37" 02/02: 128.6 lbs 03/02: 128.4 lbs 04/04: 129.2 lbs

Recent weights:

05/25: 130.4 lbs

05/18: 130.8 lbs
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 122, no gain but no loss.

I neglected to check in here because I've been pretty busy.

I've been trying to make time to put my recipe collection online so my son and his wife and anyone else who wants those recipes can have easy access to them. For decades my recipes have been on index cards, and they're fading and looking fairly old by now.

I found a site that figures up the nutrition information right away, and so I no longer have to do that. For years I'd figured it for all my recipes because most didn't include it. Those from healthy-heart or diabetic cookbooks did have it but not any of the others.

It's hard to get a block of time for this but I keep trying. I haven't seemed to have time to get in here either.

I've been going to various routine appointments, including several to the podiatrist in connection with diabetic shoes. Next up will be a hearing aids checkup.

I hope everyone is having a pleasant holiday weekend.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X