Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 05/18/17

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED: Four of us made our goal. Two made a partial goal.

GOALS MISSED: One of of us did not.

Partial goals are fine. They are better than nothing. And, listening to your body is fine, too, and taking a break from making your goal when you need to. I love the way, too, that you help each other out with encouragement and suggestions.

Exercise Tip: I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish.

For new Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own personal goals that are realistic for you. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Goals may include anything from doing your physical therapy to pedometer / fitbit steps to exercise classes to WiiFit exercises or even grocery shopping, housework, yard work if it feels like a workout. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

We're sort of flexible about determining whether you made goals -- you decide. Sometimes, if you didn't do exactly what you had planned, but something else comparable, we count it.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 05-19-2017, 10:30 AM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both my goals.

One or both: 1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day. 2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.

Th: 1618; F: 4707; S: 2244; S: 2597; M: 1385; T: 1145; W: 2158; Total = 15,854; Average 2,265.

F: Water exercise; W: Silver Sneakers class at the YMCA for 1 hour.

Next week: Same goals.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 05-19-2017, 10:43 AM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I made my goal! Rode bike 3 days. I will be on vac. next wk., maybe I can get some walking in.

Good luck everyone.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Made my goal

Even with 2 very low 'step days' I made my goal of 3000 steps 4 days out of 7. I have been working with my flowers some, and of course still assisting dh in his rehab / recovery, so even without high step counts every day I feel that I have been active.

Since my fitness band averages on Saturdays I am going to change my day of reporting in to then. (Yeah I am lazy and if a machine will do my work for me I am willing to let it ; ).) And I am considering changing my goal - maybe adding another one? Or maybe just upping the one that I have? As soon as I decide I will post it.

Good job to all who are moving!

Comment

had to adjust goal

Hi everyone!

I did make my goal of walk/stand for 30min, 3x daily.

But had to take my recumbent bike riding goal off the table for now, until my brother-in-law comes to adjust the seat.

For new goal this week, I will try to add 5min to each of my 30min walk/stand sessions.

New goal = walk/stand for 35min 3x daily.

Best to all!

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

Congratulations to all who keep trying. Exercise is so important for us. Karen

Comment

I set no goals this week other than keeping mobile and holding up an ice bag with my knee. Walking still is my least favorite thing to do.
              Bloodwork came back - so it's definitely not gout, lyme disease, or infection. X-ray says it's not arthritis.
              What it is is either torn meniscus to pulled/torn ligament.
              Still waiting for insurance approval for an MRI of this silly knee. May need to see orthopedic knee guy.
              UGH! Why does this need to take so freaking long?
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
              X