Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/11/17

5/11/17

Hi Everyone. Horrors. I am up again this week and now weigh more than I have for years. I halfway acknowledged to myself during the week that I was eating more than usual but did not cut back. Today I put on a pair of pants that were too loose the last time I had them on and they barely fit. To make matters worse Sunday is Mother’s Day and my oldest son is planning on coming. I always gain a bit when he is here. I am trying to steel myself in preparation. For some reason I find myself having doubts about getting back down. Psychologist, heal thyself. I need to recommit, tell myself that I can do it and mean it. Sorry about my rambling but hope my confession will have a positive effect. Thank goodness for all of you who participate in this group. It has really helped me. Last but not least Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers.

Alas, I gained another1.5 pounds again this week. I now weigh 117.5 and I don’t think any of it is due to excess salt. I am sure it is pure fat. I will try my best to lose half a pound this week but have doubts because of Mothers Day.

Agate, so glad to see you back and commend you for staying the same. I’m so sorry you have been under stress and hope that things are looking brighter. Blessings.

Mamabug, good for you for staying the same again this week. I wish I had done the same. You have such a successful long range history because you have not gained a lot of weight back since you lost. Others can take a lesson from you. Keep on the bright path.

Hsmaldo, It is so good to see you back. Wow, I just heard a loud clap of thunder and hope I don’t lose power. I’m so glad to hear you are not giving up. Volley ball and gardening will definitely help you. I don’t know how you manage to keep up with your busy schedule. Good luck with your plan to be consistent with your weight loss goal. Try to set small losses as you go along so it doesn’t seem daunting.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is going well in your world.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but I’m pleased to hear you are still within your goal. That’s wonderful that your hubby is back home. I’m so sorry to hear about his loss of vision and hope that is temporary. I can understand your relief in not having to drive that long distance to and from the hospital. Best wishes to you and your husband.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Got nuts with nuts. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture.”

Nuts are a great snack because they have a high fat content and results will last longer than eating a carb or sugar. The only caveat is don’t eat too many because they are high in calories.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds. This has not happened for a very long time. Let’s hope all show a loss next week or at least stay the same.

Total Gain:

6.2 pounds reported. Let us hope we see that amount in the Loss column next week. Come on group, we can do it! Reporting gains is an important part of the weight loss process because they remind us that it can happen.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3989.51 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 11 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Gained 1.8 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights:
    01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"
    02/02: 128.6 lbs
    03/02: 128.4 lbs
    04/04: 129.2 lbs

Recent weights:
    05/04: 129.0 lbs
    05/11: 130.8 lbs

Not sure what happened. Just went up this week. I don't know if my strategy should be to eat less (am I eating too much?) or eat more for a day or two (am I eating too little?). Sometimes, that's the problem.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 05-12-2017, 01:23 PM. Reason: Paragraph feature not working for me. Have altered other staff. Because I'm sure not a tech person. Appears to be working for others?
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Stayed the same .

5-4 116.4
      5-11 116.4

The tip of the week is a good - I eat a handful of nuts every night as my bed-time snack. It keeps me from waking up in the middle of the night hunting something to eat (we all know that is NOT the time when we will eat anything good for us ).

Hsmaldo AND Agate - stress can cause weight gain, so give yourselves a break and try to slow down some. I know that there are times when we cannot put things aside and just have to deal with them, but do try to take a little time for yourself and (as was recommended to me ) just breathe.
      I use the time with my morning cup of coffee to sit on the deck and absorb the sun (which 're-sets' the body's internal clock - helping rev up metabolism) as my time to 'breathe'.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms .

Comment

Stayed the same this week--not too impressive since I responded to last week's thread on Monday or Tuesday! But still wanted to check in.

I agree that stress causes weight gain (among so many other things!!) As I'm sitting here, I'm actually kind of freaking out because I'm hoping that I didn't miss out on a Mother's day party at my daughters school. I don't see anything on my calendar, and I'm hoping my little one isn't sitting there waiting for me to show up to an event I had/have forgotten about. I hate the year-end craziness of everything at school--and all the paperwork there is to keep up with and return and it doesn't help that I'm still operating as if it were March!!!

This weekend there is an International horse competition just 10 miles from where I live and the last 2 years I've gone and really enjoyed it. I was SO looking forward to it this year again--I have a camera and LOVE taking pictures of the horses and riders doing the cross-country and show jumping. It's amazing and I've been looking forward to it since last year. Tomorrow is the day and it's supposed to RAIN ALL DAY! I'm so bummed. It's also the first day that our CSA farm is open for us to go pick strawberries.

Next weekend there is another horse show (not as high of a level and no cross-country course), a yard-sale at my church, our town's community day, and the day my cleaning lady is scheduled to come.

I also meet with my neuro on Tuesday morning for a follow-up.

I feel like I need to be cloned. Work is weighing me down and I can't seem to get started on this project again--I had to set it aside to finish something else up and now I am loathe to pick it back up. But the first (and largest) phase is due to my supervisor next Friday, so I can't really afford to put it off any longer.

MSGijo--thanks for reminder to BREATHE! I think that's a wonderful idea for taking some time in the morning. Unfortunately, I tend to be more of a night person because I know for sure that nobody is going to be up to bother me! But maybe I can start using the time between my hubby going to work and my girls getting up to use as some quiet me time!

Thanks again for all the encouragement and the place to come and vent about everything. It really helps me to put things in perspective when I'm able to write it all down and get it out.

Back on topic here, I went to an MS event this morning for breakfast and was able to control my eating. I didn't have any of the bread set out that I usually can't keep away from. I also controlled my portion sizes--though I did indulge in a cappuccino which I think helped!

Since this weekend is going to be a rainy one, I think I'll try to plan some meals and maybe cook ahead for the week. I used to do all my meal prep on Sundays--but that was before having kids and before my MS--it's gotten much harder since then, but seems like that would make a huge difference in the evenings if dinner is taken care of and only needed to be reheated!

I'm not giving up, but will try slowing down and being more mindful of things.

Happy Mother's day to all!

Comment

Still the same but I'm trying.Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is a mother or has a mother!
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X