Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 05/04/17

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Two of us made our goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two of us did not.

OTHER:
    And, I couldn't tell for sure, from Tina's post, whether she made hers or not. And, we have a new member; welcome Caroline!

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goals

My goals last week were simple:
    1. Either find my pedometer or purchase a new one (or I'm considering a Fitbit if I have to replace it, but I don't know much about those.)

2. Exercise one time this week.

I purchased a Garmin (similar to a FitBit). It arrived yesterday and hubby helped me set it up. And, I went to the Y once this week for a Silver Sneakers class (1 hr).

Since I've been sort of out of commission for awhile (took some time off on vacation and set an easier goal last week), I'm going to ease back into my goals.

Next week's goal (one or both):
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
    2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug

I remember how meaningful this exercise thread was for me several years ago.

Glad to see you have revived it!

Count me in as a new member.

My main goal for the past year has been to stay up on my feet and walk/stand for a continuous 30 minutes with my rollator.

Currently, I am able to take steps - stand - take steps - stand, etc. for 30 continuous minutes, 3X a day, every day.

My goal will be to continue the walk/stand for 30 min 3X daily, and also to see if I can pedal on my
      stationary bike 2x (not sure for how long yet, though).

Good luck to all with your goals!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I made my goal ( 3000 steps /day for 4 days of the week) . I even reached my "old" goal (4000 steps /day for 5 day a week) .

Thur 7041
        Fri 5264
        Sat 5392
        Sun 3728
        Mon 5159
        Tue 5939
        Wen 4576

Faith, I am glad that you finally got your garmin working. I am certain that you will enjoy it. Just remember that it does NOT like water .
        If yours is like mine it has a 'sleep function' on it - which I check every morning, and a weight graph - which I use but not as religiously as the other functions. I check my steps towards the end of the day to see if I need to walk around the house to meet my goals, and that can be done of the band itself.

DH is home from hospital now and I suppose that I am getting steps in caring for him. But I am also putting feed out (50 pound bags), taking care of the trash as well as all other assorted things that require more than just steps .
        The calendar is fast filling up with doctor and rehab appointments for him, so I am going to keep my newest goal for now - 3000 steps/day for at least 4 days a week.

I normally try to look for fitness tips but have not had the chance to do so this week, so I will just remind everyone that any movement counts as exercise.
        Wipe down the cabinets? That counts. Put away laundry? That counts. Brush the dog? That counts too.

And remember - the only person you are trying to more than is yourself .

Comment

Nope.

Crummy week. I didn't make even a dent in my goals.
          I'm a Charter Member of Klutzs R Us, and I lived up to that last weekend.
          I can't even remember how I managed it this time, but obviously 8 did manage to twist/sprain/whatever to my ankle AND knee on one leg. Walking has not been fun. 1/2 mile jog on Saturday will prove interesting. (It's the pre-test for my belt)
          If I make that, I'll consider that as having met a goal. No, I won't go nuts, if I make it, yay!, but I'm not about to make this twist/sprain/whatever worse. I can take the test later.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

& no, I didn't make my goal last week. Sorrry for not being more clear.
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
            Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

My weights feel heavier as the months/years go by but I continue to use the same. I should probably see my old physical therapist.

Congratulations for all who keep trying and to those who made their goals.

Karen

Comment

Welcome, Koko. And, thanks for clarifying, Tina.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I did not ride my bike 3 times but I did managed 2 times and two days of housework.

Tina--Sorry about your ankle/knee. I hope it gets better soon.

Welcome KoKo.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi again,Sorry to hear some of you have had a very trying week but congrats to those who achieved things.Met some of my goals but not all. Plans changed so activities did too.Discovered 5 mins on ab circle pro is a loong time - cut down to 2 n 1/2 mins as often as i thought of it.=6xI was happy with what i achieved while away at our farm though.Since i got home i have been fairly inactive and need to get motivated. Its good that this has reduced my pain but its been several days and i mustn't vegetate any longer.Am struggling a bit so for the next few days i would be content if i- Got office work up to date Helped hubby with a couple projects for farm Mowed our yard Keep up with ab/c/pI know office work isn't exercise but this is weighing on me and i need to clear it away so i don't have to worry about it for a bit.Thanks all , wish you all well

Comment

Exercise Check-In for 05/11/17

Hi again,Sorry to hear some of you have had a very trying week but congrats to those who achieved things.Met some of my goals but not all. Plans changed so activities did too.Discovered 5 mins on ab circle pro is a loong time - cut down to 2 n 1/2 mins as often as i thought of it.=6xI was happy with what i achieved while away at our farm though.Since i got home i have been fairly inactive and need to get motivated. Its good that this has reduced my pain but its been several days and i mustn't vegetate any longer.Am struggling a bit so for the next few days i would be content if i- Got office work up to date Helped hubby with a couple projects for farm Mowed our yard Keep up with ab/c/pI know office work isn't exercise but this is weighing on me and i need to clear it away so i don't have to worry about it for a bit.Thanks all , wish you all well

Comment

Exercise Check-In for 05/11/17

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED: Three of us made our goal. One made a partial goal.

GOALS MISSED: One of of us did not.

OTHER: I wasn't sure if REG made goal; you did some things, but not bike -- you decide. And, welcome to KoKo!

Exercise Tip: I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish.

For new Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own personal goals that are realistic for you. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Goals may include anything from doing your physical therapy to pedometer / fitbit steps to exercise classes to WiiFit exercises or even grocery shopping, housework, yard work if it feels like a workout. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

We're sort of flexible about determining whether you made goals -- you decide. Sometimes, if you didn't do exactly what you had planned, but something else comparable, we count it.

~ Faith
                        Last edited by Mamabug; 05-12-2017, 01:32 PM. Reason: Hmmm. Tried to put paragraph spaces in, but it's not working.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                        X