Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/4/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 5/4/17

Hi Everyone. Can you believe that it is already May! When and where I grew up my small town had a May celebration at which a boy and girl from the local high school graduating class were chosen as King and Queen for the occasion. When I was six years old I was chosen along with a first grade classmate to carry the queen’s cape. Oh to be as carefree and of normal weight with no effort or concern as I was then. I gained prepubescent padding without knowing how. Fortunately it was gone by the time I reached puberty. I never dreamed I would have a weight issue. Now I know I will have to struggle to keep my weight down until the day I die. That can be a hard fact to face for many. Too many people lose sometimes a great deal and breathe a sigh of relief assuming the process of losing is all over. We all know how dangerous that is. I pray we all stay within five pounds of our ideal weight.

Alas, I gained 1.5 pounds this week. I know some is from excess salt but I can’t blame it all on that. I must knuckle down and get rid of at least half a pound in the next seven days.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is o.k.

Mamabug, that is a success. Staying the same is one step away from losing. I know you can get rid of the few pounds you have said you want to shed. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hsmaldo, I hope we have not lost you. I miss hearing from you and hope you aren’t giving up on losing those unwanted pounds. Please let us know.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is going well in your world.

Msgijo, good for you for losing a small amount especially under your trying circumstances. Your husband having brain surgery is a stress of all stresses. I send my best thoughts for his full recovery. Do keep us informed.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Eating liquid-based foods such as natural smoothies and low-sodium soup can help you cut back on calories yet feel full.”

Dr. Oz does not say when to eat the above. If it is for lunch it could be a good choice probably. If it is between meals as a snack it could be too much.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.8 pounds lost by two members. It may not be much but it is worthwhile. Every tiny bit helps and should be viewed as success. It is this week’s assurance that it can be done. Thanks for being our positive examples for the week.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. Reporting gains is an important part of the weight loss process. I hope no one is avoiding facing the truth. Gains remind us that it can happen.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3989.51 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 11 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

I gained 0.7 pounds this week, but am still within goal weight of 117 +/- 2 pounds .

4/28 115.7
    5/4 116.4

DH is home now. They had considered acute PT/OT, but then decided that his function was too high for that. I am not so sure about that but ....
    He has lost a good deal of vision, and it is frustrating for us both that he cannot see to read his mail, make phone calls or even to draw up his insulin . Doctors are hopeful that as swelling decreases he will regain some of his vision back, and that therapy will help him to compensate for any remaining loss.

BUT at least him being home prevents me from making an hour drive to see him and an hour drive back home every day.

Comment

Stayed the same

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights:
      01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"
      02/02: 128.6 lbs
      03/02: 128.4 lbs
      04/04: 129.2 lbs

Recent weights:
      05/04: 129.0 lbs
      04/27: 129.0 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm still lurking around, but have been upset by weight gain and too busy to log in and comment these last few weeks.

I don't recall what my exact last weigh in was--I think it was around 209, but this morning I'm up another 4 lbs to 213.

I'm frustrated, but not giving up. This has been a difficult school year--mainly because I just worked so much! Hubby is almost done with coaching (ends this week) so things will calm down a little bit again since he'll be home at a reasonable time again!

Of course, the girls school year is wrapping up so there are TONS of activities going on with that. Field trips, testing, parties, field days, etc. etc. I also start playing volleyball again next week--this year, thankfully its only 1x/week. This will help my sanity quite a bit!

I am working with another woman on a garden at our church. It's rather a huge undertaking and I do believe that I'm only slightly crazy for trying to do this. But when I'm able to get outside, I enjoy it quite a bit. But our own membership to the local CSA farm is also starting up--Saturday I was able to pick up 5 POUNDS of fresh asparagus! Next week, I think the strawberries will be ready to pick.

Frankly I just need to get more sleep to function better and take care of all these things that need to be done.

And then there's the weight loss aspect of everything that has fallen by the wayside. I set a few small goals, one of which was to drink more water and I have been able to keep up with that one. Now if I could just get some of this eating under control! I'm still trying, but definitely not consistently. I have to work on being more consistent--especially if I want to see results!! (and I'd REALLY like to see some results!!)

Comment

hsmaldo we are with you all the way. I admire your efforts.

Originally posted by hsmaldo View Post
          I'm still lurking around, but have been upset by weight gain and too busy to log in and comment these last few weeks.

I don't recall what my exact last weigh in was--I think it was around 209, but this morning I'm up another 4 lbs to 213.

I'm frustrated, but not giving up. This has been a difficult school year--mainly because I just worked so much! Hubby is almost done with coaching (ends this week) so things will calm down a little bit again since he'll be home at a reasonable time again!

Of course, the girls school year is wrapping up so there are TONS of activities going on with that. Field trips, testing, parties, field days, etc. etc. I also start playing volleyball again next week--this year, thankfully its only 1x/week. This will help my sanity quite a bit!

I am working with another woman on a garden at our church. It's rather a huge undertaking and I do believe that I'm only slightly crazy for trying to do this. But when I'm able to get outside, I enjoy it quite a bit. But our own membership to the local CSA farm is also starting up--Saturday I was able to pick up 5 POUNDS of fresh asparagus! Next week, I think the strawberries will be ready to pick.

Frankly I just need to get more sleep to function better and take care of all these things that need to be done.

And then there's the weight loss aspect of everything that has fallen by the wayside. I set a few small goals, one of which was to drink more water and I have been able to keep up with that one. Now if I could just get some of this eating under control! I'm still trying, but definitely not consistently. I have to work on being more consistent--especially if I want to see results!! (and I'd REALLY like to see some results!!)
          Hsmaldo, uou have to be the busiest person I know. You deserve a medal. Just think cutting out and cutting back even a small amount and you will see results. And your gardening efforts will pay weight loss dividends. Fresh asparagus sounds heavenly. Volley ball is terrific exercise. I applaud you. Working on the garden is also excellent exercise. Hope to see you post again soon. Karen

Comment

Karen,
            thank you so much for the encouragement! I think my goals this week are to continue with the water as well as spacing out meals a little better and like you mentioned, cutting back a little bit on portion sizes.

msgijo,
            glad to hear that hubby is home; I know that relieves the stress of traveling each day, but that it presents its own set of challenges. I hope your hubby's vision improves--that seriously is one of my biggest fears of MS--I only have one "good" eye and of course, that's what was attacked with my first attack (double vision). Loss of vision, I'm sure is very scary and frustrating thing.

you've got lots going on--a lot of demands on your time/emotions as your hubby rehabs from this, be sure to take a moment now and again to BREATHE!

Comment

Still at 122 but thankful that at least there's been no gain. I'm hoping for a loss one of these days. Summer clothes are beckoning, and some of them just might be too snug.

It's been a stressful time for me, and I apologize for being absent.
              MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
              X