• Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 4/27/2017

Four people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    All of them made their goal.

GOALS MISSED:

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

Thanks for the exercise tip last week, msgijo.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals

I didn't count myself as checking in last week, since I had decided not to track goals.

This week, I guess I didn't make either one. Although, I haven't been able to find my pedometer, so I really don't know if I made that goal or not.
    My second goal, of exercising 3x last week wasn't met. I went to the YMCA once and I didn't do any WiiFit.

For next week, I'm going to choose a "simple" goal. And I want to do both:
    1. Either find my pedometer or purchase a new one (or I'm considering a Fitbit if I have to replace it, but I don't know much about those.)
    2. Exercise one time this week.

Hopefully, I'll be ready to increase my goals to something more challenging next week, but the loss of my scale after my vacation and now not being able to find my pedometer is making motivation pretty difficult.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I didn't make my goal. If you read my post in stress and ms you probably already know.

I am having a lot of stress right now and it's showing in my legs. I rode my bike 1 day. I saved my energy for some housework and a small amount of cooking. I hope next wk will be better.

Mamabug, I hope you find your pedometer, you are so active I bet you did get your steps in.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Thankfully I Met all of mu goals.

I met all goals despite a really painful arm. I should see an ortho Dr but going to one more Dr is almost more than I can bear. Good luck to all, Karen

Comment

First timer.

Hi all,
          Have taken Faiths advice and visited here to try and keep track of my efforts to tone up.
          I'm not sure how i'll go- so we'll see.
          I may not be here every week but I'll try.

I have been consciously doing more for about 3 weeks now- and the increase in pain levels is pretty hard to take- I've had about 3 years of doing very little for this reason and have enjoyed the diminished pain- unfortunately i have lost a lot of muscle tone because of this and would like to improve this.

Not sure how this works, but I gather that i post a goal i would like to achieve over the next week...
          I am not some one who does things just for the sake of doing them - I'm better off trying things like in the Karate Kid movie 'wax on and wax off' or 'paint the fence' to gain a skill or in my case work muscles.
          So goal- arms - at least 3 hrs slashing on tractor.
          - legs - walk spraying weeds for an hour
          - hands- pruning in my garden
          -stomach 5 mins x 4 on ab circle pro while listening to music
          -cut down on TV
          Hope fully I'll be able to cope with this better than over doing it and paying for it like recently.
          Ta heaps and good luck with every one else's goals.

Comment

Welcome Carolinemf!!

I hope the increased activity helps with your pain level.
            I'm loving your plan to have chores as goals. I know they can take a lot more energy than sit ups or push ups, and "stuff gets done".

One of my goals was met - 6000 steps daily for 5 of 7 days
            Thu - 10587
            Fri - 11341
            Sat - 8804
            Sun - 9237
            Mon - 7197
            Tue - 5737
            Wed - 7036

But the 1/2 mile quick walk I didn't manage. I was on vacation until Tuesday & didn't take the opportunity to do that. I did a lot of other great things, but not that silly walk.
            Better next week.
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
            Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I made my goal again this week (3000 steps / day).

Actually I almost made my old goal of 4000 steps / day but I have to admit that this week was NOT a normal week. DH finally had brain surgery yesterday (to remove an AVM that he has been treated for since October) and as such I was running around all week trying to get everything as ready as possible for that.

Fri - 3140
              Sat - 4079
              Sun - 4903
              Mon - 3778
              Tue - 3794
              Wen - 4472
              Thu - 7041

And on one of my less step days I did manage to sweep / mop the house so there was that. I am going to continue with a goal of 3000 steps / day for now.

Best of luck to all who are making the effort to move more

Comment

Working...
              X