Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/20/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 4/20/17

Hi Everyone. Time marches on. I do hope you all had a wonderful Easter. My celebration had to be over the phone since I am so far away from loved ones. Now it is time to get serious. Review your weight loss goals and which have been working for you or ones that have been helpful in the past. At this point for me it is a matter of watching closely those pounds that want to creep back. I know that if I gain a pound or two I just need to exercise portion control. I know I will never be able to stay the same week after week like Agate so I must do the next best thing which is to stay within an acceptable range, a couple of pounds over or under my goal weight.

I gained a pound this week which is disappointing but not surprising. I thus now weigh 115 pounds. I will try to lose a half pound by the next weigh in.

Agate, so glad to see you back. I am sorry to hear of your son’s kidney stone. My son went through that about a year ago. I know they are extremely painful. I like your positive attitude regarding losing a couple of pounds. I know you can do it.

Mamabug, sorry about forgetting your scale. It is fortunate you have an extra one available. Of course there may be a slight variation but it shouldn’t be significant. I am sure you will be back to getting rid of a little weight following your vacation. Best wishes.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is O.K.

Poohb3ar, so glad to see you back. That is fantastic, over two pounds lost. I am sure taking care of the little ones is good exercise and probably keeps your mind off food to boot. That is wonderful that your daughter is cooking healthy meals. Keep up the momentum.

Msgijo, sorry about the gain. However some of it may be due to high sodium via soy sauce. At any rate based on history you will get rid of those couple of pounds very soon. Keep your positive attitude.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Checking the reliability of one’s scale is not a bad idea. An easy way to do that is to weigh on home scale and then with the same clothes on and the same amount of food eaten weigh on a scale that is likely to be reliable such as your doctor’s scale. If they don’t match adjust the home scale accordingly.

I was concerned that my scale was not accurate so I did the above, weighed on my scale and with all variables constant weighed on my doctor’s scale. Much to my delight my weight was exactly the same. I was surprised and comforted by the results. Now if I gain I cannot say it is my scale’s fault. LOL

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.7 pounds lost by two members. Congratulations are in order. We have once again affirmed that it can be done. May we all follow suit next week.

Total Gain:

2.8 pounds by one member. Thank you for reporting. You helped remind us that it can happen to all of us. Admitting gains is truly a positive thing.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3984.81 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 25 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

I did it!

4/14 119.9
    4/20 116.0

Loss of 3.9 pounds. Sodium is truly my downfall - knowing it doesn't seem to help curb my desire for it. I love bread products but I can avoid them / cut down on them. But salt is one of the major food groups .

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
      Mamabug, sorry about forgetting your scale. It is fortunate you have an extra one available. Of course there may be a slight variation but it shouldn’t be significant. I am sure you will be back to getting rid of a little weight following your vacation. Best wishes.
      Well, the Plan B of finding my old scale in the basement didn't work; I must have gotten rid of it. Plan C was to check the thrift store to see if there was one there I could purchase; no luck. Plan D fell into my lap; a friend had one she said I could borrow because she didn't use it; that didn't work either. She said it needed a new battery, but a new battery didn't work in it either.

So, on to Plan E. I ordered a new one on Amazon Prime. Should arrive today. Kind of hate to spend money on a new scale when I'll be getting mine back in two months. But I don't want to go two months without a scale.

And, yeah. I expect I'll need to lose some weight. Didn't stick well to portion sizes and ate more carbs than usual. Will report after I get my scale.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

UGH!

Easter weekend did me in! Gained 1.3 lbs. Now at 137.8, but it was yummy

Back to being good.

God bless you all!
        poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Lost 0.2 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights:
          01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"
          02/02: 128.6 lbs
          03/02: 128.4 lbs
          04/04: 129.2 lbs

Recent weights:
          04/04: 129.2 lbs
          04/21: 129.0 lbs

I got my new scale. I like it better than my old one -- mostly because it doesn't have so many "bells and whistles"; my other one had all kinds of information it could save and I really don't need that. It's simply more user-friendly. Also, it's a little bit smaller / less bulky. When I get my old one back, it will probably be demoted to a shelf in the basement.

I was glad that I didn't gain additional weight; I expected I would. However, I am still up from February and March and need to continue the downward trend.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Up to 122 but now that I no longer need to be so concerned about my son with his kidney stone, I have no excuse for not getting back to where I was and even losing more.

That's a gain of 2 lbs. over last week.

The good news is that I went for (diabetes) lab work as I do every 6 months, and the HbA1C test came back at 5.1. That's a really good result. I'm always in the range of 5.1-5.6, and I'm glad that the extra pounds didn't mean that the blood sugar was going up.

The HbA1C test is a way of testing how well a person's blood sugar has been maintained over the last 3 months for those not familiar with it.

So I got away with putting on a few pounds, but now I need to take them off because clothes are getting snug.

Congratulations, msgijo! I wish I could say I'd lost 3.9 pounds. You're an inspiration!
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Weight loss

Here is a good site about weight loss

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**
              Last edited by KoKo; 05-13-2017, 02:18 PM. Reason: url removed

Comment

Working...
              X