Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/9/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 3/9/17

Hi Everyone. I had good news about my cardiac test. My heart is normal which is comforting to know. The cardiologist gave the impression that potential damage from Novantrone is slight. I can continue fighting the good fight for weight control which certainly does have cardiac implications. I keep reading articles about sugar being a potential health hazzard. I believe I eat more sugar than is healthy. I will try to get that under better control.

I don’t know what to think. I weighed first thing this morning and weighed 113 which is 4 pounds less than last week. I fear it is a false positive because earlier in the week I weighed 115 and then a second later weighed again and weighed 113.5. Of course I could not have lost any weight in two seconds. I weighed again and again it was 113.5. So I fear my current reading of 113 may not be accurate. I will accept it for now but must consider getting a new scale.

Agate, Once again you are our most steady member. Good luck if you still want to lose more.

Mamabug, good for you. Those small losses really do add up over time. Keep it up and you will be in a new size soon. Keep up the momentum.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you. I hope we hear from you soon.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you this week. Please let us know how you are doing. You were so close to your goal the last time you posted.

Msgijo, very nice loss. You are so close to your goal weight. I am impressed that you lost so well when you were away on a retreat. Keep focusing on your goal.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says. “Save time and money during the week by buying lean protein such as chicken breasts in bulk and cooking a week's worth on Sunday night.” Of course chicken breasts are a healthy protein.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

6.9 pounds lost by three members. Congratulations to losers, losers in this case being winners! Let’s all aspire to be in this column next week.

Total Gain:

0 pounds. I hope people are not avoiding posting because of a gain. After all we have all been in the gain column.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3975.0 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have only 25 more pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Gained 0.8 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights:

01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"
    02/02: 128.6 lbs
    03/02: 128.4 lbs

Recent weights:
    03/09: 129.2 lbs
    03/02: 128.4 lbs

I need to find my motivation again. I'm not surprised that I gained. Hubby keeps making popcorn in the evenings or bringing me other snacks and I don't say no. I'm really not happy about my hovering weight, ever since the holiday season began.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 03-16-2017, 12:16 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I lost 0.9 pounds this week ( in spite of lunch at a church function ).
      Only 2.9 pounds to reach goal of 117 pounds .

3-3 120.8
      3-9 119.9

Faith, my hubby eats all the time . Stuff that I know I don't need to eat, and so I understand the temptation of having it brought to you . Like whatcha gonna do?

Karen, I would think a while about replacing that nice set of scales you have. They seem to be very friendly .

Agate, Here is wishing you success at loosing that last few pounds that you want to get rid of. I wish that I had some tips to get off of your very enviable plateau, but I realize that you have a finely tuned maintenance plan and I would be afraid to suggest anything. Maybe continuing to meet goals on the exercise forum will help you nudge the scales some.

Comment

I can say I'm still at 118 but on some days the scales show me creeping above that. I'm going to have to get with the program here.

More exercise I'm sure would help. So would a bad habit of plunging my hand into the box of Wheat Thins or Triscuits. The peanut butter jar needs to be shut tight after maybe a teaspoon a day of it.

I started having some symptoms of low potassium, and that was a wakeup call. I need to add in more foods with potassium, and so I've stocked up on broccoli, kiwis, tomatoes and raisins. They all have calories, and if I'm going to eat them, I can't very well have as many Triscuits or Wheat Thins. I always try to eat a banana a day but apparently I needed more potassium.

msgijo, thanks for your kind words! It's so easy to eat when I'm under stress, and that's what's been happening lately.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
        X