X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 03/02/17

Six of us checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:

I counted five. Tina, I'm glad you found your pedometer.

GOALS MISSED:
    Just one missed goals. Karen was under the weather; glad you listened to your body. Hope you feel better soon.

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

I'll report my exercise tomorrow.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I reached my new goal, riding my bike 3 times this wk. I also did a small amount of housework.

Sat. bike 30 mins
    Mon. small amount of house work.
    Wed. bike 30 mins
    Thurs. bike 30 mins.

I hope everyone was well this wk. and could exercise.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Made both of my goals.

Goals for last week:

1. Walk 3000 or more steps on my pedometer 3-5 days per week.
      2. Exercise 3 or more days per week. This could include WiiFit in my basement. Or it could include attending a fitness class at the YMCA, etc. OR Exercise 2 hours or more per week.

Goal 1:
      W: 1959
      steps
      T: 3006
      steps
      M: 2064
      steps
      S: 2249
      steps
      S: 1959
      steps
      F: 3162
      steps
      Th: 4267 steps
      3 days over 3000 steps. Total = 18,666

Goal 2:
      F: Yoga class, 1 hour
      M: Wii Fit, 15 min.
      T: Wii Fit, 4 min. I only did 4 minutes because my battery died. I almost think I shouldn't count it, but, oh well. It meets my stated goal, so I guess I will.

Exercised 3 times.
      Last edited by Mamabug; 03-31-2017, 01:32 AM.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

What a crazy weather week!! On Saturday the temp here started at 64 and by dinner time it was down around 42. With crazy wild winds and sleet/snow. That was only one day. Can we just decide what season it is? I really, really want to get to outdoors longer than the trip from door to car.

Step count
        Fri - 703 ~ silly pedometer, well, we KNOW it was sitting on the washer all day...
        Sat - 6162
        Sun - 6312
        Mon - 6312 (??? yes, that's identical - too weird for words)
        Tue - 6140
        Wed - 7796
        Thu - 4130
        So - I made my 6000 steps 5 out of 7 days goal
        I'm going to keep that goal & add for next week one 1/4 mile walk. I don't care about speed right now, so I'm not calling it a run, I'm going for continuous distance. Gotta get that mile under 20 minutes. Yes I can. I'm going to earn that Belt!!
        "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
        Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Didn't make my goal this week .

DH and I went to couples retreat over the week-end. It was a 5 hour drive (one way and dh isn't supposed to drive) and that not only took away steps for those days, but it totally wiped me out after I returned home. I have only been doing what needs to be done this week .

But I think I will make it this week (positive thinking). We are starting to extend the deck and I am the "go-fer" so I will get some steps in this week .

Tina - I am with you on the weather - crazy here too. I had started some seed in the greenhouse, and it has been freezing temps at night since then ( before was warm as could be ). My fruit trees had started blooming out and I might have lost the crop this year because of the sudden cold weather

Comment

I am thrilled to report that I did all of my exercises 100%. Will plan to do the same this week. My neuro sent me to a cardiologist because of my history of Novantrone infusions which was years ago but the drug can cause heart damage. I got the results of the stress test and my heart is functioning at 100%. I felt elated and more determined than ever to keep up with my exercises. Congratulations to all who are doing their exercises. It will pay off in dividends.

Comment

MS Walk today

Today was our local MS walk. I've no clue as to the actual number of walkers in attendance, but the crowd was a big one. It was a great event. I'm completely wiped out now, walked 2 1/2 miles at the event & over 4 miles total today. I'm hoping I'm functional tomorrow. If not, it's worth it anyway.
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Pedometer readings this week:

3/1 - 768
                3/2 - 1255
                3/3 - 1861
                3/4 - 1564
                3/5 - 1244
                3/6 - 1656
                3/7 - 1409

Average for February: 1344
                Average for January: 1479
                MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
                X