Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/23/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/23/17

Hi Everyone. What a week. Our temperatures in the Chicago area have soared getting into the high 60's and low 70's. Records have been set for this time of year. Of course it won’t last but it has been wonderful. Sunny warm weather can lift one’s spirits and help renew enthusiasm for getting rid of those unwanted pounds. I don’t know where you all live but I hope you have all had this advantage. Think of Spring fashions and make a commitment to stay on track for when Spring really arrives which won’t be terribly long.

Boo hoo. I am sorry to say I gained 2.5 pounds this week. It is because my son came to town and we ate a big meal with lots of salt. Oh well, having him here was worth it. I thus weigh 116.5 and will try to lose a pound this week.

Agate, you are your usual steady self. I continue to be amazed. Too bad you can’t bottle it. You would be a multimillionaire if you could. Don’t change a thing unless you want to lose more.

Mamabug, good going. You are back on track and on your way to lose the few pounds you still want to lose. I know you can do it.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is going well for you.

Poohb3ar, that is a nice loss even more so since you say you have been under stress. I do hope everything is back to normal. How wonderful to have gotten compliments on the new you. I hope you see your belly shrink to where you want it soon. Good luck.

Msgijo, so sorry you had a gain but it is understandable with additional temptations. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. And to have someone refer to you as skinny was a great bonus. I know you are going to again lose soon. Hang tough.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Several studies over the past few years have confirmed that frequent or daily weigh-ins are beneficial for weight loss. One study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics reports that dieters who weighed themselves daily lost about three times as much weight and body fat compared with participants who weighed themselves less frequently.

Weighing frequently, even daily has been mentioned before but this is a further confirmation of the benefit.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.2 pounds lost by three members. Congratulations are in order. The losers truly reaffirm that it can be done. Thanks for setting a positive example.

Total Gain:

1.4 pounds by one member. Thank you for reporting and not avoiding the truth. You are a good example of being honest for the week. We benefit from being reminded that it can happen to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3965.9 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 50 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Lost 0.2 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights:

01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"
    02/02: 128.6 lbs

Recent weights:
    02/23: 128.6 lbs
    02/16: 128.8 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

ALMOST!!!

Lost 2 lbs for 140.2! Just .2 lb away from my long standing goal!!! Excruciating!!!

But that means I will hit it soon and be able to stay below it and go for another goal soon. (After I celebrate this one !!!)
      Not with food but with a NEW pair of Levi's. Not from the thrift store or hand me downs either.
      Same deal if I knock off another 10 lbs., but I don't expect to need to lose anymore than that with the muscle I've built up. I'm just taking it a few lbs at a time and seeing how I feel and look.
      Right now I'm feeling pretty good!

God bless all of you!!
      poohb3ar
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Still at 118 but I'm more motivated to lose a few pounds at this point, I think.

I've said that before but the pounds didn't come off. We'll see.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost or is losing. It's a very tough battle.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
        X