Pickleball - does anyone play:?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickleball - does anyone play:?

I recently met folks who play and really love pickleball. It sounds like something I'd love, too. I am however, heat sensitive. If you play and are heat sensitive, how do you manage this?

Thanks,

Ellen

Originally posted by benny2015 View Post
    I recently met folks who play and really love pickleball. It sounds like something I'd love, too. I am however, heat sensitive. If you play and are heat sensitive, how do you manage this?

Thanks,

Ellen
    Hi Ellen

Not sure of the degree to which you are heat sensitive (how long you can go before you're physically affected, such as legs giving out, weakness, etc).

Maybe cooling vests and similar products would help, as well as cold drinks and frequent rest times (shorter playing times). Also playing on cooler, less humid days?

There are several Pickleball clubs here in Northwestern Ohio. I've watched some tournaments on the local sports station, and it sure looks like a lot of fun to play.

If I were physically able, I would definitely try pickleball myself (I used to love playing tennis and ping pong).

In any case, hope you are able to find a way to play some pickleball - even if it's just with a friend who understands your need to make adjustments for playing safely.

Good luck!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X