• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 02/16/17

Five of us checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:

I counted two.

GOALS MISSED:
    Three missed their goals. Two of you were sick; it's important to listen to your bodies. And, you all keep trying. Good job.

Exercise Tip:

Instead of an exercise tip this week, I'm simply going to say this:

If you are having trouble meeting your goal, set a new one.
    One of the first things tips included being realistic. If you're not meeting your goal, then, for some reason, it is not currently realistic for you.
    It might be because it's physically too difficult. It might be because you lack motivation.
    Whatever.
    Just set a new goal, and make it realistic for you. You can always come back to this goal later. Set a goal, this week, where you can aim for success.

Hunter -- That means you. Might apply to others too. Maybe that's why we have lost some people.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made my goals

Goals for last week:
    1. Walk 3000 or more steps on my pedometer 3-5 days per week.
    2. Exercise 3 or more days per week. This could include WiiFit in my basement. Or it could include attending a fitness class at the YMCA, etc.

Goal 1:
    W: 3161
    steps
    T: 3032
    steps
    M: 3733
    steps
    S: 2086
    steps
    S: 1848
    steps
    F: 588
    steps
    Th: 3029 steps
    4 days over 3000 steps. Total = 17,747 steps

Goal 2:
    F: Wii Fit, 15 min
    M: Wii Fit, 10 min
    W: Silver Sneakers, 1 hour
    Exercised 3 days
    Last edited by Mamabug; 03-31-2017, 01:29 AM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Alas, I felt terrible this week and did not exercise at all, very unlike me. I am going to take it easy until next Wednesday when I see a new doc. Mamabug, good for you for your success. Good luck to all. Karen

Comment

I managed to ride my bike 2 days. The burning in my calves was less intense. It may be I have to change my goal to 3 days biking.

Mon bike
        Tues bike

Doing more floor sweeping this wk.

Mamabug you did well.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I did a lot better this week. I'm almost over this insane round of virus bugs. (winter can be over any time now, I'm done with it) I'm counting this week as Goals Met!

6000 steps 5 of 7 days yay! made it
          Fri - 6324
          Sat - 6482
          Sun - 2682 (rest day)
          Mon - 7784
          Tue - 8484 (What happened here???)
          Wed - 6376
          Thu - 5066 (but the day isn't over yet)

Karate class was HARD. I had to sit out a bunch of times as I just couldn't catch my breath (stupid cold). I managed most of class despite the rest periods. Sensei won't let me overdo. Oh, she pushes me to do my best, but not to push myself to the breaking point. She watches me more closely than I watch myself sometimes. She's a very important part of my support team.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Goal - to meet / exceed 4000 steps a day for at least 5 days each week - To average or exceed step goal of 4,000 steps a day.

Fri - 4475
            Sat - 5228
            Sun - 4593
            Mon - 5744
            Tue - 7435
            Wen - 4646
            Thu - 5230

Total = 37461 steps / Average = 6352 steps/day

YAY - I met my goals .

Also:
            Saturday My dh and I went bowling. We didn't have any great scores and only bowled one game, but it was something that we have not done in a looonnnng time
            Monday I worked in the greenhouse starting some squash and sunflower seeds.

I purchased some flower bulbs today, so will have to plant them soon. ?Maybe next week?

I didn't post activities last week but I did meet my activity goals.

Comment

Didn't make my regular goal of 30 mins. 3x a week on my Wii. But I think keeping up with my 4 yr old very active granddaughter makes up for any of that exercise! I have found on many programs that babysitting counts as regular exercise.
              Unfortunately, I was unable to check in with you while she was here (too busy). She and I worked out on the Wii together a lot. She loves it, especially the Obstacle Course.
              So, in light of flexible goals, put me down as having made mine this week.

Depending on the weather I'm going to mix up my Wii exercise with walking. I'll do one or the other at least 2x plus my preschool teaching on Tues., which is a bunch of exercise.

Everybody keep up the good work! Remember, many things - like sweeping, cleaning house, working out in the yard, count as exercise- so record it as such!

God bless ya'll!
              poohb3ar
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
              X