Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/16/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/16/17

Hi Everyone. Happy belated Valentine’s Day. Time marches on and it will soon be March. Keep thinking Spring and Spring fashions which will look so good with some of those extra pounds gone. Sorry if I am being redundant. I have been feeling terrible and even had a nasty accident, lost my balance, hit my head hard and have two large lumps on the back of my head. At least I didn’t split my head open like the last time I did such. I hope I am more with it next week.

I am very pleased to have lost half a pound which was my goal for the week. I thus weigh 114 and will try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, good for you for once again staying the course. Many of us can relate to those snug pants hanging in the closet. May you fit into them soon.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but at least you know exactly why. I am sure you will reverse the your gain and be once again on the losing track. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, sorry about your gain. That is wonderful that your husband is giving you support for your weight loss plans and that he is leading by example. I trust cutting out ice cream for dessert will show positive results. I’m rooting for you.

Poohb3ar, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Msgijo, so sorry to miss you this week. Good wishes.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says “Never eat any snack food out of the box, carton or bag it came in. You're less likely to overeat if you separate snacks into appropriate fist-sized servings.”

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.5 pounds lost by one member. That is a good example for the week. May everyone follow suit the coming week.

Total Gain:

1.6 pounds by two members. You are good examples of being honest. Gains keep us mindful that it happens to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3963.7 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 50 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Lost 1.0 lbs this week

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.
    2017 Monthly weights:

01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"
    02/02: 128.6 lbs

Finally over my cough. Took way too many weeks to kick it.

I'm surprised that I lost weight this week. Started the week off poorly again. Hubby started making popcorn every evening and brining me a big bowl, which I ate. I finally developed the sense to either turn it down or to request a small (1 cup size) bowl.

Now, up and at 'em. I need to get back down to the 121 - 122 range.

Recent weights:
    02/09: 129.8 lbs
    02/16: 128.8 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 118.

As the weather warms up, the stairwells in this building won't be so cold, and I hope to get back to walking through the building more than I've done in the last few months.

Hope everyone isn't finding it too hard to pass up those yucky frosted cupcakes and pieces of fudge that are always being offered.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

I am simply out of control here. WAY too much junk food. Gained again .

This morning I weighed in at 123.5. That means that I have to lose 6.5 pounds to get to my goal of 117.

Last week-end was our wedding anniversary, so that meant eating . Next week-end we are going to a couple's retreat (more eating out). But I am determined to get my weight back down! Even with this gain I had someone who has known me for years comment on how 'skinny' I am, so I don't feel too badly about the amount I have picked up. But I keep thinking about all of my new clothes .

Comment

msgijo, somehow I find it hard to drop a few pounds too! When you're almost there, it's just too easy to coast along, maybe.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Sorry to be so undependable Shrink!
            Some family drama the past 2 weeks made it unavoidable. It's still ongoing, just not at my house. So if I'm in and out, that'll probably be the reason.

Despite some stress eating, I lost .7 lbs. which puts me at 142.2!!!
            Getting lots of compliments on my figure (bought some better fitting clothes). I thank them, but they don't see the jiggly, baggy belly that I want sooo bad to be gone.
            Everything else is in quite good shape, but the silly belly is taking its time going away. Though that is always the first place I put it on and I know weight comes off in reverse order. Still, ugh, go away!

With all that's going on, I'm quite satisfied though with my results.

May God bless all of you in your efforts!
            poohb3ar
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
            X