Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/26/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/26/17

Hi Everyone. I am feeling better today so presume my UTI has been successfully treated. I was just going over my archives and I found earlier reports for our group than I previously reported. Our dedicated group has been in existence since 10/01 which is over 15 years. People have come and gone over the years. I don’t know if you all read the Total Weight Loss statistic at the end of this report. We have less than 50 pounds to lose to reach 2 tons (2000) pounds. That is truly awesome. I can’t help but wonder how old members are doing weight wise. I am so thankful to this group because I don’t think without all of you I would have lost my initial weight and then stayed within an acceptable range. My sincerest thanks to you all both past and present members.

I can’t believe it. I weighed 112 this morning so lost 2.5 pounds. This is below my goal weight and I only wanted to lose 1.5 pounds. Now I am concerned that I am unwell in some way. I am going to increase my food intake slightly this coming week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is O.K.

Mamabug, congratulations on your loss. It can be hard when near the goal weight. But I have every confidence that you will do it. I plan on participating in your exercise group. I have not been exercising since I have been sick and am motivated to start again. Keep on doing what you have been doing.

Hsmaldo, so sorry about your gain. I have every confidence that you can reverse the process. I do hope your insurance woes have been resolved. That extra hour of work per day can be a real burden and can throw everything off. I hope things settle down at work soon. Keep plugging away.

Poohb3ar, it’s so good to see you back. I’m sorry about your small gain but know you can reverse the process. You have been doing very well in the weight loss process for a long time now. I admire your persistence. You will definitely reach your goal. Keep the faith.

Msgijo, that is a nice loss. I am under the impression that you don’t want to lose more. You are truly at a good weight. I hope you can maintain your weight exactly where you want it. Your comment about getting rid of goodies in the house is an excellent one. I hope your husband is successful in losing. You are certainly a good example for him. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

I just read something on line, an extensive article about bananas. One claim is that the scent of bananas can reduce appetite. I have no idea if it really works but I am going to try it. If others try it I would be interested in feedback.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.5 pounds lost by two members. Fraction of pounds truly counts. They not only add up but prove to oneself and others that it can be done. Both of you are examples of success. You count as our inspiration for the week.

Total Gain:

3.9 pounds by three members. You are congratulated for reporting. It is an acknowledgment that the process needs to go the other way. It also serves as a reminder to all that gains happen. Reporting gains truly keeps us on our toes.

Stayed The Same:

No members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3956.6 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 50 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Gained 0.2 lbs

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.
    2017 Monthly weights:

01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37"

Last week, I was under the weather pretty much all week. I probably didn't eat enough on quite a few of those days, and, sometimes, not eating enough puts the pounds on because my body thinks I'm starving it. I'd actually even been a little higher during part of last week, and got down close to the previous week's weight again.

Recent weights:
    01/26: 128.8 lbs
    01/19: 128.6 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 118. Sorry I missed last week.

I've been busier than usual in recent weeks, what with the snow and the problems it created, and now that it's melted with no more in sight (yet), I've had a lot to catch up on.

Congratulations to everyone who lost!

When I had so much weight to lose, I found that thinking of each day as a blank slate where I could add this food and that food and get away with it made dieting easier. On a 1000-calorie diet, for instance, I sometimes had a day when I was 50 calories under that 1,000 by the end of the day. I could add a 50-calorie item then or carry that 50 calories over to the next day as a bonus I was (kind of) entitled to.

Each day I was being "given" 1,000 calories worth of food. Wow! Where to start adding things to eat for the day? I could get by with a 300-calorie dinner if I didn't eat more than 300 calories for each of breakfast and lunch, with 100 calories left over for a snack at some point.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

woohoo!

haven't seen this weight number in a long while! 142.9! for a loss of 1.3 lbs. of course, i've been bouncing quite a bit this past month (maybe i should be 'tigger' instead of poohb3ar!)

i'll take it while i can. i was hoping to make my goal of 140 before my 55th birthday, but doesn't seem to be possible. 3 lbs. is a lot to ask in a few days. like mamab said, i could starve myself until then, but my body would probably add weight for doing that!

so i'll be patient, keep eating wisely, work out and let the pounds come off slowly. it's been working fine, i'm not going to mess with it.

glad you're better shrink.

msgijo, isn't it great having a husband who helps with the losing weight? he's helped me get rid off the Christmas goodies. the support is wonderful!

may everyone here have a blessed week!
        poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I was up .1 lbs from 203.6 to 203.7. Hopefully this week's weigh-in will be better.

For now, just combatting circumstances leading to not enough sleep and stress at work. I finally got my insurance cards, but now still trying to get the pharmacy to SEND me my meds. Thank goodness for my neuro who has given me more free samples or I would have run out of meds 3 1/2 weeks ago!

Comment

Working...
          X