Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 12/1/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 12/1/16:

Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I certainly did with my oldest son and daughter in law here. Time marches on. We need to go back to our weight losing strategies in preparation for Christmas with all the festivities. Keep in mind how much happier you will be if you get through the next few weeks a couple of pounds lighter. I know some will be going to various social gatherings with all kinds of delicious temptations. Don’t try to deny yourself totally but keep in mind reasonable restraint. S

I really gained thanks to Thanksgiving. I am ashamed to say I gained 3.5 pounds which is really huge. I had hoped not to go over 115 this week but alas. I will try to lose a pound in the next week.

Agate, I can scarcely believe it. Even with Thanksgiving pending your scale did not budge. I never ceased to be amazed. Keep on the bright path as usual.

Mamabug, sorry about the small gain. Just be thankful it wasn’t more. I hope Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful and that you did not fret about gaining a small amount last week. You continue to have long term success. Keep it going.

Hsmaldo, your very small gain should be seen as a success under the circumstances. I am very impressed with all of the effort you made to make favorite dishes more diet friendly without sacrificing flavor. You should be commended for your success.

Poohb3ar, remember that you gain was tiny and that you are succeeding over time. It is wise that you are looking at the big picture and are not thrown by the very small gain. I know you will continue to lose. It is a good idea to revise your long range plan through the Holidays. Keep up your momentum.

Msgijo, you continue to be in good shape despite that small gain. I know you can get through the next week with no problem. Good luck.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Focus on your successes over the year and imagine how pleased you will be if you get through the Holidays with no gain and perhaps even a nice loss.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds. This is not one of our better weeks but not no doubt better days are coming.

Total Gain:

1.8 pounds by four members. The good new is that the majority of gains were very small. Let’s hope next week shows something in the Loss column.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3937.1 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 100 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

I'm down 1.4 lbs from 205.6 to 204.2 this week! Considering that there have been leftovers and we went out to eat at a Chinese buffet on Monday for lunch and ate at the theme park a few times this last weekend, I made good food choices and even resisted EVERYTHING at the goodie party right outside my cubicle yesterday!

My sister and her baby are HOME! I'm really excited for them, they were released from the NICU on Monday and drove from Salt Lake City to TX and made it home early Wednesday morning. I'm going to fly out to see them all at the end of December and meet my little nephew! I'm really hoping to break the 200 lb barrier (and keep it off!) before I go out to see her.

I just have to make it through all the holiday parties and food-centered activities between now and then. But I have confidence that I can make it!

Comment

Stayed the same

Total weight lost in 2016 so far: 6.8 lbs

Monthly weights:

12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
      04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 05/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs . . . 8/25: 129.4 lbs . . . 10/27: 128.8 lbs . . . 11/25: 127.8 lbs

Recent weights:
      12/1: 127.8 lbs
      11/25: 127.8 lbs
      11/17: 127.2 lbs

Yesterday morning, I was back down to 127.2 lbs, even following the week that included Thanksgiving. But, I hadn't had any junk food in the house all week, and I finally did. Although I'm usually pretty good at portion control, I threw all caution to the wind, and probably ate 1/2 a Family Size bag of potato chips yesterday evening. Sigh. So, here I am.

Oh well. It'll just count as one of my occasional "splurge" days. When I was dieting in 2010-2011, I intentionally scheduled those in about once a month as a regular part of my diet.

I'll try to be good the rest of the month and enjoy my "enough" days, be content on my "medium" days, consider scheduling some "hungry" days, and keep my "splurge days" in December to just one (or two, at the most).

~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hope everyone has 'recovered' from turkey day. I actually had 3 thanksgiving dinners, so I supose that means that I am very thankful .
        We ate at my husband's parents on Thursday (and I didn't even look at the desserts), then my DD brought a dinner to my house (thankfully no desserts). On Friday we went to my family dinner where there WERE deserts . I ended up bringing a plate of them home but I have practiced restraint with them - well kinda .

I actually lost 0.7 pounds in spite of myself.

11/24 117.8
        12/1 117.1

I am still below my goal weight so all I have to do is maintain until after Christmas. Maybe drop a little more so that I can indulge in deserts ?

Comment

thankful thanksgiving

my thanksgiving went well. enjoyed the visiting, splurged some but not all at one time. the BIG dinner wasn't so tempting. it was easy to eat just one plate full where you could actually see some parts of the plate. only 2 small desserts.
          sat., got some stomach bug on the way home - didn't feel like eating for 2 days. i lost 1.4 lbs! weigh 145.9!! woohoo!!!

i'm sure that'll go up a little. but just seeing that 145 at the beginning is VERY encouraging!
          makes me more motivated to keep losing and resisting sweets and carbs to a point so i can enjoy the feeling of being skinny. it last longer than the taste of the food

have a blessed week everyone!
          poohbear
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Still at 118, and glad not to have put on any weight. I've been getting some holiday gifts for people, and as I wrap the ones that are special chocolate, I do enjoy the aroma of the chocolate and like to think that the people getting it will enjoy it.

Sometimes just smelling tasty food is almost as good as actually eating it.

hsmaldo, you must be looking forward to the trip. You won't have any problem passing by the holiday treats, I'm sure. Maybe treat yourself to a little bit of one or two of them so you won't feel deprived?
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
            X