Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 11/3/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 11/3/16:

Hi Everyone. I hope everyone had a fun Halloween and also disposed of leftover treats. I had a wonderful day with my son visiting from New York. Of course I ate too much for my birthday dinner which included lots of salt in restaurant food. It will take me a while to get back to normal what with leftovers and my daughter and grandchildren here for several days beginning
    Friday. It will all be worth it. Now we all need to march on to greet the big Holidays.

I have gained 2.5 pounds so weigh 114.5 which isn’t catastrophic since my ideal weight is 115. The trick will be to not gain any more while my family is here. I am sure we will eat out a lot.

Agate, I never cease to be amazed when you continue to stay the same. I am in awe that when you feel hungry you can discipline yourself to eat only a couple of raisins. You should write a book. It would be a best seller! Keep up the courage.

Mamabug, good for you for losing even a small bit with your activities. You definitely continue to win the battle to not regain too much lost weight. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, congratulations on that really nice loss. Congratulations also for avoiding all of those office treats. And one more congratulations for being a new auntie. Keep it up.

Poohb3ar, very good for you for losing weight with all that was going on. Thank goodness you came through the hurricane unscathed. That was wonderful that you could be there for your grandbabies birth. Keep on the bright path.

Msgijo, you did very well weight wise with all the stress. Gaining only .4 pound is truly a very good result under the circumstances. I am so glad your husband is home and pray that he will continue to recover. I will also think of you and him as he proceeds to his next procedure. Hang tough.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Pounding out your meat will help healthier portions go a longer way visually, and it's good stress relief.” I had to laugh when I read this and visualized someone whaling the daylights out of a piece of meat! Oh well whatever works as they say.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.5 pounds lost by three members. Congratulations to all who lost. You are all inspirations to those who lose our way from time to time. Let us hope we all continue to do well over the Holidays.

Total Gain:

1.4 pounds by two members. Thank you for reporting gains. It continues to be a reminder to all of us that gaining remains a possibility despite our best efforts.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3924.4 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 100 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Yesterday was the first time in over 3 weeks that I didn't EXCEED my step goal - but I was less than a dozen steps from meeting it . And I actually got several hours of deep sleep last night . Its all good since the next "easy" day I see will be on Tuesday - DH goes back into hospital way early Wednesday morning. Hopefully it will be an overnight stay and back home on Thursday.

His appetite still isn't back to normal but he is mostly asking for canned soup, so that helps with the trying to cook a lot and having it here to tempt me when he doesn't eat. Unfortunately he also asks for some of his fav take-out foods which aren't great at helping me with weight control.
    In spite of all of the distractions, worrying and really just not making an effort to eat properly I am pleased that I only gained 0.2 pounds this week. That still puts me in the 120 +/- 1 pound range, but I need to get back on board with maintaining before I let it go too far .

10/29 120.6
    11/4 120.8

DH gave me money for my birthday to buy new clothes and I also got a couple pairs of boots and a new hair-do. So many people have commented on the "new" me that it really gives me an incentive to maintain my weight. I just wish that I had agate's resolve and willpower ...

Good luck to all with your goals for the coming week.

Comment

Lost 1.0 lbs

Recent weights:
      10/27: 128.8 lbs
      11/3: 127.8 lbs

Total weight lost in 2016: 6.8 lbs

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
      04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
      5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs . . . 8/25: 129.4 lbs . . . 10/27: 128.8 lbs

January inches:
      B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
      June inches:
      B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'd like to Join the group

I really need some additional support and way to keep track of my weight loss goals. I'm not good at losing, but I keep on trying (which is better than nothing!) I use fitness pal to track meals and exercise. My husband follows the same plan as me, so that makes things easier.

I do yoga 3x week, and try to walk as much as I can. I am having far more MS fatigue plus SADD at this time--makes exercise a real challenge.

I have low blood pressure, good cholesterol, and try to eat healthfully...but I really have to work on portion sizes. To help this, I drink a soy shake in the morning, then another for lunch. I have fruit, small portion of cheese, Greek yogurt for snacks in the morning and afternoon.

I eat whatever for dinner...which is my downfall. Need to plan and portion better. It's my goal for the next month.

Started at 204 lbs
        Currently: 190 lbs., 5' 6", chest 41, 34 waist, 44 hip.
        Goal: 145
        RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Originally posted by KateA2 View Post
          I really need some additional support and way to keep track of my weight loss goals. I'm not good at losing, but I keep on trying (which is better than nothing!) I use fitness pal to track meals and exercise. My husband follows the same plan as me, so that makes things easier.

I do yoga 3x week, and try to walk as much as I can. I am having far more MS fatigue plus SADD at this time--makes exercise a real challenge.

I have low blood pressure, good cholesterol, and try to eat healthfully...but I really have to work on portion sizes. To help this, I drink a soy shake in the morning, then another for lunch. I have fruit, small portion of cheese, Greek yogurt for snacks in the morning and afternoon.

I eat whatever for dinner...which is my downfall. Need to plan and portion better. It's my goal for the next month.

Started at 204 lbs ...Goal: 145
          Welcome KateA2!
          Let me tell you that you are starting off better than me - I DO NOT exercise . Yeah, fatigue is main reason for that. I also have a fitness tracker, which I love. I do not use it to track calories (I know that I should, but too much trouble )but it is handy to track steps and I use the sleep function religiously.

Portions are important for me to look at, as well as WHAT I am eating (ie. how much sodium and I am always looking for more fiber). Just a thought, but these things may just get you off to a wonderful start. Little tweaks can make a HUGE difference!
          It is wonderful that your DH is on board with you on this journey - mine eats the wrong things AND eats too much, too often. Definitely makes it difficult for me.

A warning is in order here - my original goal was to lose down to 129 pounds. Then I ended up less than 120 pounds . So I changed my goal to stay at 120 pounds (with a band of +/- one pound). So far this year - with no exercise other than normal household routines - I have lost 16.5 pounds .

Good luck and again WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome KateA2

Originally posted by KateA2 View Post

Started at 204 lbs
            Currently: 190 lbs., 5' 6", chest 41, 34 waist, 44 hip.
            Goal: 145
            KateA2, you are more than welcome to join our dedicated group. I post a message with results every week and have been doing so for about 15 years. It has been a life saver with respect to losing weight and just as importantly keeping it off. Just post your results week to week. The week begins on Thursday but you can choose whatever day you want to report. I include a tip for the week. I do hope you continue your interest. Hope to see you soon. Blessings, Karen (ShrinkKaren)

Comment

I didn't do as bad as I thought, though I did mean to log on here sooner.

I was up .3 lbs from 206.4 to 206.7 this last week.

Hubby is done coaching, so he's actually going to be around again in the evenings! YAY! That means I'll have help with the girls and dinner and dishes again!

I have a few days off this week, but we are going to spend Thurs and Fri at my IL's house, helping clear out a bedroom on the 1st floor for when my FIL comes home from rehab--though we're not completely sure when that will be.

Still trying to handle my IL's finances, which is beyond stressful, but constantly reminding myself that I can't fix their mess, I can only keep them from getting further into it!

I love being an auntie and wish I could see my little nephew sooner than Dec, but it's nice knowing I have a flight booked out to see them!

I've been doing pretty good avoiding tempting foods. I did snack on a few pieces of candy since I wanted chocolate and it's right there. But last night I made up a "truffle" recipe with a single serving size and had that instead. Hit the spot and kept me from the candy!

Just trying to keep moving forward!

Welcome Kate!!

Comment

Welcome, KateA2! Knowing you're going to check in here every week and report to the rest of us just might help. I like to think it helps me.

I'm still at 118, still looking at a couple of garments in my closet that I could wear if I weighed about 10 lbs. less.... They've been hanging there for a while without being worn.

If I keep those clothes in mind and how much fun it would be to wear them again, I might get inspired to eat less.

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight!
                MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
                X