Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/27/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/27/16:

Hi Everyone. Happy Halloween! I hope you all have a fun evening giving out treats to the little ones in their costumes. I have not bought treats yet and must hurry up and do so. Many years ago we gave out coins rather than the usual treats. We don’t get many trick or treaters because of our house sitting in a less accessible area. Most come before dark which was anathema when and where I grew up. No one would dream of going out before dark. But that was a totally different era. Be sure and get left over treats out of the house as soon as possible.

I have gained a pound so weigh 112 which is o.k. I want to be less rather than more before my company comes because I always gain when I have company. We always eat out.

Agate, once again I am in awe at your consistency. I wish I could be so disciplined and not go up and down the way I do. I hope you won’t be losing because of some stress coming into your life. That is a rough way to lose. Keep on the bright path.

Mamabug, I am sure your husband was most pleased that you baked him a birthday cake. Of course you had to have some too. The small weight gain I’m sure was worth it. Good luck as we head into the Holidays.

Hsmaldo, I almost got dizzy reading about all that is going on in your life. To lose under such trying circumstances is truly outstanding. Good for you. I truly commend you for avoiding all of the temptations that have come your way. I do hope things slow down for you as we progress toward the Holidays. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope you will be back soon.

Msgijo, I am terribly sorry for your husband’s illness. I pray that he is on the road to recovery. I tried to send you a message after I read of your plight but I sent it wrong and it came back to me. I wanted you to know I was thinking of you. I am amazed you lost at such a difficult time. So many people overeat and gain while under stress. You remain in my thoughts and wish you and your husband the very best.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Take a photo of yourself each week so you can see your physical transformation.” No weight may be discernable in a photo after only one week but two or three weeks of losses may show a detectable difference. It may be a good ploy during the holidays when things get tough. To detect a loss during that time would be truly gratifying.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

5.7 pounds lost by three members. That is outstanding. You are inspirations for the week. Let us hope we all continue to do well over the Holidays.

Total Gain:

.2 pounds by one member. You are commended for reporting the small gain. It is a reminder to all of us that gaining remains a possibility and one we want to avoid.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3921.9 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 100 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Hi all. I am back - and things are almost back to normal. I got dh home late Friday afternoon after him spending 12 days in ICU. He is weak, his vision is still bad, he has no appetite and his mind is still a little 'foggy' , but he is talking better, and he is home!
    Problem is that the dr was not able to get all the veins "glued" due to a spike in his BP during the procedure, and so will have to go back in two weeks to finish it. Then 2 after that they will do the radiation part.

I have exceeded my 'step goal' every day for over 2 week! No wonder I am tired - huh? Today was spent trying to catch up on"my" stuff, and it looks like next week is full between my dr appointments and his work paperwork/ dr appointments.

I think that I did well during his hospital stay. Normally stress causes me to NOT eat, but this time I made an effort to make sure that I did eat. (My DD helped with that a lot!). I an happy to report that I only gained 0.4 pounds this week . So I am still within the 120 +/- one pound goal.

10/24 120.2
    10/29 120.6

Now I will have to be careful - because dh has almost no appetite I will be so tempted to cook more and different things to get him to eat . I will just have to remember that the food is for him not me

Comment

SURVIVED MATTHEW!!!

went to savannah, ga as hurricane matthew was coming in! what we do for grandbabies! they moved my dd's C-section up to wed. because they knew they would be evacuating the hospital. we drove down and made it in time to greet our newest grandchild into the world! she and mom are doing great despite getting kicked out of hospital the next day, a hurricane coming through the next day and being without power and running water for several days. thank goodness my sil has a generator so we didn't lose the fridge and had some light in the main room.

i got home thurs night, was afraid to weigh fri, but did. boy was i surprised! after a horrible diet of 3 wks. i lost weight!!! only - .6 lbs for 148.2 but i'll take it since i ate poptarts, pizza and icecream!

have a blessed week everyone!

poohb3ar
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Lost 0.2 lbs this week

Recent weights:
        10/27: 128.8 lbs
        10/20: 129.0 lbs

Lost a little bit, even though I didn't eat very carefully on Monday and Tuesday at all. Attended a Patient Advocacy Summit sponsored by Teva, the drug company that makes Copaxone. Their meals at the hotel were awesome, and my husband drove, and we stopped at buffet restaurants on the way there and back.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm pretty late in adding this, but life got incredibly more crazy and it's already Tuesday again.

As of Thursday, I was down to 206.4, which is a loss of 1.7 lbs. I don't expect to have maintained or lost again for this coming week's weigh in on Thursday because I've been a little more lax in my eating habits. However, I HAVE managed to stay away from all the goodies lurking around the office and the girl's Halloween candy is not even tempting to me!

My appetite HAS increased since it's that lovely time of the month again, but once I realized what was causing me to be so ravenous, I was able to rein the eating back in.

I worked OT on Saturday which really shortened my weekend. My sister went into premature labor (at 33 weeks) on Friday night and her little baby boy very early Saturday morning. Both she and baby are doing well, but are stranded 20 hours from home since she had flown (cleared by her dr) out to see her Hubby on Thursday who was in a training for 5 weeks. They were going to drive home on Saturday. Scratch that plan!! It's exciting to be an auntie!

I was up late after trick or treating with the girls since my MIL and FIL had a bunch of bills to pay last night. It's hard to pay them and not take on the stress of their financial situation. It's a fine line!

I work again this Saturday, but am HOPING that nothing keeps me from getting some sleep tonight--I need it desperately!

I'll try to check in again Thursday!

Comment

Still at 118.

Ignoring hunger pangs is hard when you're trying to lose weight. At least it always has been hard for me. They can be very painful. And if I go too long without food, I get shaky.

But it's an ordeal I have to put myself through for the sake of dropping pounds. Tiding myself over during shaky spells with a couple of raisins or some other very small snack is one way that works pretty well.

As I keep trying to drop a few pounds, I'm going to try to remember to do that.

hsmaldo, congratulations on the new baby's safe arrival!
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Wow, Agate. I also struggle with taking off pounds. But I'm not willing to go to those lengths.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X