Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/13/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/13/16:

Hi Everyone. I had an appointment with my gyne doctor on Tuesday and I knew I would be weighed. I have wondered how accurate my scale is so I compared my weight on each scale being sure I was wearing exactly the same thing with the same food eaten before. My scale was half a pound less which is almost insignificant and I was comforted to know it was not more off than that. The point being that it is good to have the assurance that the scale being used is fairly accurate when monitoring weight changes. Many years ago I was weighed on a doctor’s flat floor scale that was way off before he discovered the flaw. I was pregnant and he scolded me sorely for gaining too much weight which it turned out that I had not.

I once again gained half a pound this week much to my chagrin. I thus now weigh 113.5 which means that I am creeping up. I will try my best to lose half a pound this week. Agate, I truly envy you being able to stay the same week after week.

Agate, you did it again! I know you said that you have a pretty even diet but so do I the vast majority of the time. No matter how regular my diet is I either go up or down no matter what. You are highly commended for your regularity. You should write a book.

Mamabug, I trust you are continuing to have a wonderful time on your trip. Enjoy!

Hsmaldo, my goodness, I felt almost dizzy reading about all that is going on in your life. You did well to only gain a fraction of a pound. That is great that you show a nice loss since seeing the nutritionist. That is a really good idea to cook on the weekend and to have healthy meals prepared for the following week. I wish you the best with all of your activities. Hang in there.

Poohb3ar, I am sure you are having a wonderful time with your family. Hope to see you in the near future.

Msgijo, good for you for staying the same. That is a healthy goal to again stay the same. I hope you have better luck than I. I will be interested to hear if you do decide to smoke your other ham. I have never known anyone who has done it. I hope it isn’t too much of a challenge. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does, so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week.” This is not only good for the above but also good for keeping our flagging muscles at their best. I lift weights four times a week and truly believe it is beneficial. I also do leg exercises with ankle weights. These exercises were prescribed by my physical therapist so know they are right for me. Do follow your medical teams directives so as not to do any harm.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds lost. All is not lost since two members stayed the same. Perhaps we will show losses next time which would be a good thing.

Total Gain:

1.1 pounds by two members. The encouraging thing is that each person’s gain was a fraction of a pound. It was small but serves as a warning to others.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3919.4 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 100 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

I'm back!

Karen, thanks for thinking of me while I was gone. I had a wonderful trip. Was good to see aunts and uncles and cousins at my aunt's birthday party. And, of course, it was awesome to see little Micah again. At five months old, he is just so much fun.

It's been a long time since I posted my weight. I gained 1.6 lbs. But, I'm not surprised.
    • I tried, usually, to watch portion sizes, but didn't stick as closely to it as I would at home.
    • I still began most mornings with my green smoothies. I brought my protein powder along, and my daughter had a garden with some greens.

But, ...
    • she cooks a lot differently than I do. I ate more carbs and "whites" than I usually do; at home I tend to choose more meat and vegetable kinds of foods. And, she often prepared her carbs in casseroles, so I couldn't just eat what I wanted and leave the rest off of my plate.

So, I'm actually somewhat pleased that, over all of that time, I didn't gain more. I'm happy that I continue to weigh less than 130. It took a lot of hard work to get down to that. And, now I'm back on the wagon, so I hope I'll get down to where I was soon and begin to lose again.

Recent weights:
    10/13: 128.8 lbs
    9/15: 127.2 lbs

Gained 1.6 lbs.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Faith it is good to see you back. I am glad to hear that you had had such a great time and that you had such a small gain during your vacation .

Karen those half pounds do seem to sneak up on us . But since you know that a 'gain week' is coming up I am sure that you will be able to drop the excess this week.

Since I am in good company I wont feel so bad about my gain this week. It was expected last week and more of one than I had wanted, but still not TOO bad . At the very least it has caused me to set a hard goal for next week. I gained 2.0 pounds .

10/6 119.5
      10/13 121.5

I want to lose ONE pound this week.

Good luck to all .

Comment

Thanks, Karen! Still at 118. I think it was the diabetes training that taught me that you can't get away with even a piece of chewing gum. Everything that goes into your mouth "counts."

But there are some free foods, with no calories. Radishes, cucumbers, lettuce, celery, and a few others. A person can load up on them and sometimes just having them to chew on is as good as eating a doughnut would have been.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X