Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/6/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/6/16:

Hi Everyone. I absolutely cannot believe we are well into October already. I honestly do not know how we got here. It is almost like a week ago it was the first of the year. OK so I am exaggerating but time truly has flown by. I am just now getting my 2015 taxes finished. Maybe weight wise it is to my advantage. With the days passing so fast I don’t have time to get hungry between meals. LOL It isn’t too late to prepare for the Holidays. Think of how stunning you will look with some of those unwanted pounds gone. Think of how your friends and family will compliment you on how well you look.

I gained half a pound again this week which is the maximum amount I want to gain. I still want to stay at 113 even though my goal is actually 115. I should lose a pound or two before Halloween though when my son comes for my birthday. I always gain while he is here.

Agate, you continue to remain our poster lady advertising no weight gain and in fact staying the same. If I didn’t know better I would think your scale is stuck. Keep it going.

Mamabug, I trust you are having a wonderful time on your trip. Enjoy!

Hsmaldo, congratulations on your weight loss. I hope your father in law is healing and that your mother in law is getting along well with managing her diabetes. You should feel very proud of yourself for passing on the various temptations you have encountered. I am sure the compliments you are getting from others are helping in staying on the weight loss track. Keep fighting the good fight.

Poohb3ar, what a great weight loss. I knew you could do it! How wonderful to be in the 140's and still losing. And what a bonus to have your husband compliment you on how well you look. I am sure you will enjoy your time with your daughter and her family including the new addition. Looking forward to when you return. Keep up the good work.

Msgijo, my goodness that was a big loss especially when you were not even trying to lose. I hope you have regained your equilibrium. And I hope your week has been less stressful. I am curious to know if you smoked that ham. I wouldn’t know where to begin. Good luck.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Go lean with bean protein. Beans are an affordable and healthy alternative to meats and are wonderfully filling.” Recently I discovered a use for large portobelo mushrooms which are extremely low in calories. I fill the mushroom to overflowing with hummus of various flavors. I have that with a salad and feel very satisfied.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

8.0 pounds by three members. Fantastic! You should all be proud. These results prove that it can be done and the rest of us could follow in your footsteps. Let’s give it a try.

Total Gain:

.5 pound by one member. The best thing I can say is not to follow in my footsteps. In this case, do as I say and not as I do!

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3919.4 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 100 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

After the week of the 'great loss' I expected to gain some of it back. Which would have been okay with me. Things HAVE settled down, and I am eating again (luncheon at church, fall 'comfort' foods). I am enjoying the weather (highs - low 80's, lows - high 50's to low 60's ), and laughing at all the people I see bundled up like it is cold.

Finally I get to use the coveted phrase "I stayed the same" .
    9/29 119.5
    10/6 119.5

I DO NOT want to lose any more weight! I last weighed this before I got pregnant with my first child. Never thought that I would see it again. I would really like to use the "sts" phrase again next week, but will be okay with a small gain .

Karen, I wimped out and cooked the ham in the crock pot. It was alright, but I still have another ham that I can try the smoker with. I was making chow chow this week, so didn't have time to mess with trying something new .

Good luck to all this week

Comment

Well, the nutritionist appointment went well. I'm down 4 lbs from when I last saw her in August. That made us both happy and confirmed I'm on the right track with the changes I'm making.

However, I am up .6 lbs from last week to 210 this week. It was my birthday on Tuesday and I splurged on some sushi and gelato and on Wednesday had some cake and ice cream. Last night I had two fun size packets of peanut M & M's. I was rather upset by that because I could have made a wiser choice, but was just so tired that I grabbed them. Okay, I was too tired to even grab them. I had my youngest daughter go and grab them. She brought me the first one and then I had her bring me a second one. She brought 4 of them instead of 1, so, to my credit, I didn't eat all of the ones she brought over!!

My FIL has hired a lawyer, so I don't want to get into specifics about his health or care online. My hubby has been picking my MIL up from the rehab center this week after he's done coaching so he's not getting home until after 9:30 pm. He leaves the house at 6 am. Poor guy, he's stretched really thin and then he comes home and *I'M* an exhausted mess and then we don't get to bed until 11:30 and the crazy cycle starts all over again.

Thank goodness it's Friday today and I have Monday off. I'm hoping to cook like crazy this weekend to pack my freezer with healthy meals that I can pull out to defrost during the week.

Then, on top of it all, there is an opportunity for overtime at my job (which are pretty few and far in between) where I could work all day Saturday for 5 weeks between the end of Oct and throughout Nov and Dec.

In addition to that, we *MIGHT* be able to work on going through things in my MIL and FIL's house to help them start the process of downsize and moving into something more manageable. I've worked on this before. Basically, until my MIL is ready to let go of stuff, I've just been shuffling it from one area of the house to another. But my BIL is on board this time--at least he says he is. I think that I'm going to sit back and let him try it for awhile and if they ask for my help, then I'll give it. I'm more than willing to help, but my SIL was pretty nasty to me last time I was helping my MIL go through stuff and I'm not willing to go through that again. Sorry, touched a nerve there!

Anyways, all that to say that this is a very busy time and it could get even busier and I've been known to take on ALL the projects...!

At least this weekend I can focus on my house and getting things in order for me!

Comment

Still at 118 this week.

hsmaldo, going through someone else's stuff can be risky. Belated happy birthday to you!
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X