Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/22/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/22/16:

Hi Everyone. It is official. We are now into Fall. Soon the leaves will come tumbling down after having displayed their beautiful colors. Fall was my favorite time of the year when I was growing up. I don’t have the same enthusiasm now because I know what comes next. It is so much harder get around in inclement weather with this cursed disease. Less weight makes getting around easier even in bad weather. Think of where you want to be weight wise and focus on getting off those unwanted pounds in the next three months.

I am amazed. My weight this morning was once again112. I thus stayed the same. I don’t plan to lose more and would still like to perhaps gain a pound.

Agate, congratulation on maintaining especially during a stressful week. That is a true accomplishment. I continue to marvel at how you can stay the same week after week. Keep up your determination.

Mamabug, that is very good that you stayed the same. I know what you mean by weight gain during menopause and also while being on steroids. Both of those conditions present extra challenges. But you are working through them much to your credit. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hsmaldo, great weight loss. Congratulations. I am impressed by your dietary changes. I am glad you were able alter your coffee to make it more calorie friendly. I am glad to hear your tough work schedule is changing. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week. I hope we hear from you soon.

Msgijo, that’s a nice weight loss. How fun to be part of your granddaughter’s birthday party. I envy you. Mine are all so far from me. That is great that you met your “step goal.” Yummy. Fresh pears sound sooo good. Continue to enjoy pleasant Fall weather.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Soups can be both filling and comforting. Try making a garden or bean soup with low-salt broth and store in portion-sized cups for later.” Besides being filling soup has the added advantage of taking more time to eat compared to many other food choices. And soup is generally very nutritious. Making extra and freezing some will save time in preparing future meals.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

6.1 pounds by three members. Terrific. We have no gains this week. The losses are substantial. Congratulations. May we continue on in this vein.

Total Gain:

0 pounds. How wonderful to see this score for the gain report. May we all continue to do so well.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3911.4 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Oops. Forgot my morning weight today. Will try to remember to weigh tomorrow and post that.

But, I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a 2-1/2 week long trip to Canada.
    Attending 75th birthday party for an aunt in Saskatoon, SK first.
    Then, heading to Manitoba to see daughter and her family, including grandbaby Micah.

Will be flying to Saskatoon by myself first. Carpooling a ride with relatives to Manitoba. Hubby will be driving up to Manitoba the following week and we'll drive back together.

Please think of me as I fly tomorrow. One of my MS symptoms is not dealing well with stress. And, the stress of flying alone bothers me. Will request disability/wheelchair assistance. I don't require it, a lot, because of mobility issues, although if the walking to the next gate is far, then I might. But, I need it more for the anxiety and knowing that I'll find my gate by myself and get there on time, etc.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still weighing 118 this week. Thank you, Karen, for the encouragement.

Faith, I think any kind of travel is stressful. I hope you can have an enjoyable time. With luck it will all go smoothly.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

I too forgot to weigh yesterday morning, so did it today.
        It is looking like everyone is doing great this week - I gained 0.9 pounds. That is a good amount since I am attempting to get on the 'stay the same' boat . But to be honest I would have done a better job of it if I had left the pastries alone this week . But at least no large swing in either direction. I would like to stay around 123 for a while (? maybe +/- 1 pound ?).

9/15 122.8
        9/23 123.7

Karen - I have been looking forward to soups and stews. The best thing is that many of them can be cooked in a crock pot so limited time in the kitchen.
        I know that I need to smoke a fresh ham my FIL gave me so that I can have a soup bone for the first "15 bean soup" that I make. Only problem is that my DH doesn't eat a lot of ham, so I will have to find something to do with it after I smoke it. Maybe omelets (with ham) the next day, and chunk some of it up for the soup, then maybe make ham salad for sandwiches?

And although not as healthy we both love chicken and dumplings. And lets not forget potato soup.
        And the old standby chicken and rice soup. I have a sneaky feeling that these are NOT the soups that are the best for weight loss but they sure do taste good on a cold afternoon .

Wishing everyone a blessed and healthy week .

Comment

Working...
        X