Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/15/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/15/16:

Hi Everyone. I was talking with a friend today and the subject of extremely obese friends and relatives came up. We expressed our concern for those in that predicament. We acknowledged that there was nothing we could do about it except lead by example. My friend had lost about 25 pounds about three years ago and has maintained the loss and he knows about my struggles with staying on the straight and narrow. It is not easy in our land of plenty. We are barraged with food all of the time. We must give ourselves kudos for our efforts at losing and maintaining. We cannot give ourselves too much credit for our successes.

I am in shock. My weight this morning was 112. I thus lost another pound. I had no intention of going that low ever. Now the trick is to gain a pound and stay there. I really don’t know how to hold completely steady. I need to take lessons from you, Agate.

Agate, once again you are your same steady self. I wish you could give lessons how to do that. I would be the first to sign up! How do you manage with those social occasions you alluded to. Stay on the bright path.

Mamabug, good for you for losing at least a small amount. That is especially note worthy when you had company. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week and hope you are well.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain, but I am impressed at how you can size up situations. I am sure you will get to your most desired weight. Keep fighting the good fight.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Eat a rainbow of colors. Have at least one brightly colored fruit or vegetable in each meal, and, if appropriate, eat the skins -- that's where you'll find a powerhouse of antioxidants.” The truth is that we can eat large quantities of most veggies without gaining a pound rather even lose while gorging on such. Veggies can help to gain a feeling of fulness during meals. Just beware of high calorie veggies such as potatoes which must be eating with discretion. But there are plenty of others that are very low in calories.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.6 pound by one member. How nice that someone saved the day. It is always good to see a loss no matter how small. Thanks for giving us hope.

Total Gain:

2.6 pounds by one member. Thank you for being honest and reminding us it can happen to anyone. Honesty in reporting gains puts the gainer and others to stay on our guard. It can and does happen to anyone.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3905.3 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Hi all.
    Cooler weather has finally arrived here , but unfortunately the rainy period also has arrived . Not that we don't need the rain - just that it causes problems with spacitity (sp). Otherwise it is a good time for the end of the year yard chores. No I haven't gotten out to do any, just saying that it is an option . I did meet my 'step goal' 4 days this week .

I lost 1.3 pounds this week. I am pleased with that - at least the loss wasn't large so maybe I am narrowing the 'swing' down somewhat .
    9/8 124.1
    9/15 122.8

Next week should also be a loss - food bank duties and granddaughter is having a birthday party (helping set up, acting as face painter/tattoo applier, and keeping her while my daughter cleans up after the party). And the pears are coming in. I don't eat many of them but everyone request that I make pear preserves.
    Yeah, fall is always a busy time of year for me. But normally it is cool enough that I can manage to do what has to be done . It is also my favorite time of the year. My mother just reminded me that it isnt fall yet, but hey it is starting to feel like it to me.

Comment

checking in!

It's been a very busy month so far with school starting for both the Hubby and the kids, but so far things are going well.

Hubby had the girls start helping with dishes this summer and that has carried over to this fall. They help load and unload the dishwasher. I've also started having them pack their own lunches. I'll still make sandwiches, but it's up to them to put all their stuff in their lunch box. This has been such an incredible help! Now, instead of 4 lunches, I only have to oversee theirs and make mine and my hubby's lunch. (He helps too if he can!)

Still going strong on eating healthier and cutting out the sugar and white flour. I finally bought some alternative flours (coconut flour, flax meal, and almond flour) and started making some desserts based on the recipes I'm finding. Basically, they still have calories, but have a significant amount of protein (powder, greek yogurt, etc.) and by using the Truvia or stevia extracts, they don't tend to be high on the glycemic index.

I FINALLY found the magic combo for my coffee and that makes me SO happy! I brew my coffee (pumpkin spice this week) with a tablespoon of cocoa mixed in the grounds. Then thanks to someone here, I started using almond milk and now just a splash of half and half along with 1 1/2 pkts of Truvia for a 20 oz coffee. I especially love the almond coconut milk. So I'm back to enjoying my coffee!!

Last time I weighed in here, back on 8/25, I was 214.1. This morning I was down to 210.3! So that's a loss of 3.8 lbs over 3 weeks. I'm extremely pleased by that and encouraged to keep at it.

Plus, it's fall, and the weather is changing and I'm energized by the cooler weather and the fact that this horrible project at work is almost completed and then I'll be able to focus on something other than that!!

My next appointment with my nutritionist is on Oct 3. I'll try to check in here before then now that work isn't going to be so crazy!

Have a great week everyone!

Comment

Stayed the same

Monthly weights:
        12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
        04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
        5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/30: 132.4 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs . . . 08/25: 129.4 lbs

Recent weights:
        9/08: 127.2 lbs
        9/15: 127.2 lbs
        January inches:
        B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
        June inches:
        B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Karen -- good for you, for continuing to lose. The secret to maintaining, that worked for me in 2012 - 2014, before I had to go on steroids twice, was to just keep doing most of what I did when I wanted to lose weight. I found that I could let up a little bit. But, with the weekly weigh-ins, it was easy to know when I was letting up too much, and, as soon as I'd gain a couple of pounds, I'd lose them right away.

It's been more difficult for me to lose the steroid weight of 2014, but 2014 is post-menopause, and 2011 was pre-menopause. I gained 7 pounds both times I went on steroids, and the weight loss has been real slow. My weights, in 2015, varied from about 133 - 140 lbs.

But, my weight-maintenance resolve, this year, is the same. Lose new weight gain while it's relatively small -- that's basically maintaining. If I hadn't gone on steroids, I suspect that I would have maintained better. But, even so, I'm still in my recommended weight range and BMR, so, compared to the obese category that I began in during 2010, I still feel fairly good about maintenance too. I started, in 2010, at about 180 lbs.

Agate -- yes. I'd love to hear your advice too. I think you lost more weight than I did, and have maintained it longer than I did, and have stayed closer to your desired weight range than I have. True success!
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement, Faith! It was diabetes that made me change my diet completely, and after that I still had diabetes and had to maintain the changed diet. I went to diabetes class as recommended by the doctor. The class really stressed how important everything you put into your mouth is. Even chewing gum can be bad news. That class pretty much ended my career as a nibbler and snacker.

Still at 118 and not complaining. I didn't expect to lose anything in a week that was a bit stressful.

Karen, you're so right about how we can't do anything about our loved ones who are struggling with obesity. Even expressing concern about their health doesn't go down well and is misunderstood as pressure. And it is pressure, pressure we have no business putting on them. They have to be motivated from within.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X