Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/7/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/7/16:

Hi Everyone. Well, we are definitely into fall although the official date has not been reached. When I was young the day after Labor Day was always the day that school started. I would look forward to seeing my school chums and mulling over my new curriculum. Where has the time gone? I hope everyone had a fulfilling Labor Day. As we know there are many social gatherings where all kinds of food is served. I hope you all got by unscathed. I didn’t do anything special which is good because I find myself sliding back into old eating habits which allow those unwanted pounds to reappear.

Zounds! My weight this morning continues to be 113. I am thrilled I maintained that weight for another week. I'll try to do the same in the coming week.

Agate, good for you for maintaining. Even if you don’t get down to your most ideal weight you are still in a very good place. That is a great idea of having one cookie a day. Once visitors left me with a partly used carton of delicious ice cream. I ate between 1 tsp. And 1 tbs. per day until it was gone. Strangely I was satisfied with that amount. Keep up your great record.

Mamabug, I knew you could do it. That is really a good loss. You are back on track to reach your ultimate goal. It doesn’t matter how long it takes because slower can be better. You have a greater chance of keeping it off that way. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week and hope you are well.

Poohb3ar, fantastic! You did so well by being away and still showing a loss. You are on your way to getting into the 140's which can be seen as a real milestone. I know you will be there in no time. Keep those scales going down.

Msgijo, what a good loss! I can see why your clothes have gotten too big. Thank you for your encouraging words. I need them about now as I struggle to keep my new weight down. Keep doing what you are doing.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “A Mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits, studies show it leads to more weight loss than low-fat diets.” Fat is not our enemy as some would have us believe. It comes down to the kind of fat and the amount eaten. Extra virgin olive oil is the best when making vinegar and oil dressing. Vegetable fats such as found in avocados are filling and heart healthy. They also give a feeling of fulness.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

5.5 pounds by three members. Out of sight! What a week, no gains and losses were substantial. Congratulations to all who were part of this success story. May we continue to be so blessed.

Total Gain:

0 pounds. How satisfying it is to write no pounds. May this category remain empty.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3904.7 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Back to the pattern...

Before I finally lost down to my original goal weight of 129 pounds I spent some time losing one week and gaining it back the next . It seems that I am back there again. I gained 2.6 pounds this week - the exact same amount that I had lost the week before . Since I am still below my revised goal weight of 125 I will try not to stress it, but it would be nice to tighten the range of this gain / loss cycle.

8/18 - 122.3
    8/25 - 124.1 (+2.2)
    9/2 - 121.5 (-2.6)
    9/8 - 124.1 (+2.6)

Reason for gain this week? Maybe the hamburger that I got up and ate after midnight? Or we had a senors meeting at church on Tuesday (food) which I attend because of disability - not gonna admit to being 'seasoned' just yet . Or hmmm ....
    Last week church sold BBQ plates (and other goodies) for a fundraiser.
    Next Monday will be a ladies meeting (food).
    Maybe I should stop going to church ?

No, I believe that I just need to pay closer attention to what I eat - and when I eat it.
    Bread and sodium are 2 of my downfalls, and thinking back I can see where I had too much of these items during gain weeks. Guess I need to do a better job of looking for them BEFORE I eat .

Comment

Lost 0.6 lbs this week

Total weight lost in 2016: 7.4 lbs

Was thrilled that I lost weight this week. Daughter Amy and grandson Micah were here most of the weigh-in week, and it's always more difficult to lose weight when company is around.
      My initial goal was to get down to 121 or 122 lbs by December. Not sure if I'll make it by my goal date, but, if not, I'll just keep plugging along. It's been slow, and, occasionally, up and down, but, I'm getting there.

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
      04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
      5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/30: 132.4 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs . . . 08/25: 129.4 lbs

Recent weights:
      9/08: 127.2 lbs
      9/01: 127.8 lbs
      8/25: 129.4 lbs
      8/18: 128.0 lbs
      January inches:
      B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
      June inches:
      B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

"Slow but steady wins the race."

I tell myself that anyway. Still at 118 but at least there's been no gain.

Social events of any kind, even meetings, almost always involve food, don't they?
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X