Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/1/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/1/16:

Hi Everyone. Well, now I have done it. I awoke at 3:30 this a.m. and went to the bathroom. For no good reason I went to the kitchen where I proceeded while not hungry to down handfuls of Cheerios + Three Ancient Grains for over an hour. I had never heard of such until my son brought it home while visiting. There was at least a quarter of a large box. Obviously I really liked it. Oh, the calories! The only solution is to return to healthy eating and avoid such pitfalls. This is an example of what can happen to all of us when we least expect it. It is not a good idea to starve to make up for such a slip up because that will likely backfire. Slow and steady as she goes.

I can’t believe it. My weight this morning was still 113. I was sure I would have gained after my piggery. I must have been eating less for a few days before my fall from grace. My goal is to avoid further episodes of gluttony.

Agate, congratulations on losing a pound but sorry it was accompanied with computer woes. I do hope you will be happy with your new one. Good for you for keeping up with your exercises which I do also. It will truly pay off. Keep up the momentum.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain. I am impressed at how you use different tactics to find the right method for you. I am sure you will find the right strategy to see the scale go down again. Good luck in finding exactly works for you.

Hsmaldo, it is impressive to see all of the well thought out changes you are making in your food plan. It will undoubtedly pay off. Sorry about your small gain but I predict that is temporary. Congratulations on coming in second in your volleyball league. Keep fighting the good fight.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you again this week and hope all is well.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but I’m glad to see you are taking it in stride and not fretting over it. That is great that you are at a desired weight. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Make sure you check food labels and avoid anything with more than 4 grams of sugar, especially high-fructose corn syrup.” This is especially important because there has been such an emphasis on avoiding fats that many prepared foods add extra sugar to compensate. Extra sugar can result in craving more sugar.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1 pound by one member. Agate, you saved the day. Thanks for reminding us that it can be done. We must not lose sight of that fact. We must look forward to the next loss.

Total Gain:

3.1 pounds by three members. You are our reminders of how easy it is to go the wrong way. May you all have a better week this time around. Thanks for admitting the truth rather than avoiding it.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3899.2 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Yipee!

still going down!!! despite being in the smokey mtns for a week and eating out several times!
    sorry shrink, no scales to weigh on.
    but, when i did watch what i ate in between the eating out and mostly good at the restaurants.
    i'd gained 1.1 lbs when we got home late last week, BUT i've lost that plus 1.4 and weigh 151.7 now!!! woohoo!!!

have a blessed week everyone!
    poohb3ar
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hi all. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Labor Day weekend .

Karen - My middle of the night raids use to involve ice cream, so I had to stop buying it . In your defense you weren't really aware of what you were doing. Enjoy the rest of the visit, and maybe eating with your dd this week will help you keep at - or below - your current weight .

poohb3ar - "Only" a pound gained during vacation is (IMO) pretty good, but even better that you have already lost that and more . Good job!

Agate - I had not associated weight loss with computer problems, but we recently went to new computers. All that I picked up on was excessive additional stress, but there was a loss that week . In any event, great on the loss, and here is hoping that it kick-starts a trend for you .

I lost 2.6 pounds this week .
      8/25 124.1
      9/2 121.5

We had a yard sale/ silent auction at my church last weekend, and helping out there may have helped - I have met my 'step goal' 4 days out of the past 7. There were clothes donated, and since my other clothes have gotten too big for me I went through the stacks. There were a good many items with the tags still on them that were size 6. And best news is that they fit me, so for less that ten dollars I have several new outfits ! There were also baked goods for auction/sale, but I only got 2 regular sized brownies (yeah I am proud of myself).

Comment

LOST 1.6 LBS

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
        Mamabug, sorry about your gain. I am impressed at how you use different tactics to find the right method for you. I am sure you will find the right strategy to see the scale go down again. Good luck in finding exactly works for you.

Looks like my plan to eat a little extra for two days got me back on track. Although it looks like I lost a lot this week, I'm really only down 0.2 lbs since two weeks ago. But, going in the right direction again, and staying under 130 lbs for a few weeks. Still aiming for the 121-122 lb range for weight loss goal. I'll set a wider range, after I reach that, for weight maintenance.

Total weight lost in 2016: 6.8 lbs

Monthly weights:
        12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
        04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
        5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/30: 132.4 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs . . . 08/25: 129.4 lbs

Recent weights:
        9/01: 127.8 lbs
        8/25: 129.4 lbs
        8/18: 128.0 lbs
        January inches:
        B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
        June inches:
        B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"
        Last edited by Mamabug; 09-02-2016, 02:46 PM.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Stayed at 118, and so I haven't yet put back the pound I lost during the computer woes.

Maybe this will be the start of a trend and I'll keep losing until I'm back to 112 or even 108 and can stop wondering if I'm going to pop a button or split a zipper just because there's more of me than there used to be.

My DIL brought over some molasses cookies she'd made, and they're delicious. I've been rationing them out, allowing myself one a day. I don't know the ingredients and so couldn't figure up the calories but I'm guessing that each one is about 70-100 calories. Most cookies are in that range except that very large ones and chocolate chip cookies or cookies with anything "added" --candy, nuts--can be 140 calories or more apiece.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X