Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/25/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/25/16

My heavens! I have been trying to get in since last night including this morning and I kept getting a message that the server was full or something like that. Sorry I am so late.

Hi Everyone. Well, the Olympics are over. What a collection of beautiful fit bodies. I read that Michael Phelps after the previous Olympics ballooned to over 200 pounds which he overcame when he decided to compete this year. If only we could be so dedicated to getting down to our respective weights and keeping at our goal. Sadly age is against us since statistically people tend to pack on pounds over the years. But we will overcome!

Hooray, I am still at 113. As I mentioned last week I don’t want to go any lower but will try to stay at that weight for a while.

Agate, its good to hear from you this week. Congratulations on not gaining weight with all those temptations you mentioned are in your building consistently. Good for you for your exercise efforts. It really does pay off. Keep up the momentum.

Mamabug, nice loss. Your on going eating plan seems to be working just fine. Keep it up and you will definitely meet your goal.

Hsmaldo, it is good to hear from you and to read your eating plan. Those changes consistently followed will definitely pay off. Best wishes.

Poohb3ar, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Msgijo, good loss. You are so right, if I can lose so easily with my daughter’s diet as a stimulus I can do the same on my own. That is a wonderful idea, to go into the Holiday season with an advantage. Let’s face it, Holiday time is just around the corner. Since you are doing so well just keep doing what you are doing.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Looking for the benefits of salmon but you don't feel comfortable cooking fish? Try canned salmon as a simple and affordable alternative.” Several years ago I bought canned wild salmon and made salmon salad which was very good. I keep a can in my pantry as a staple which has come in handy when I don’t feel like cooking. The flavor is very pleasing.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.9 pounds by three members. Excellent. We are winning the battle. Once again our loss ratio is high for the week. May we continue to prevail.

Total Gain:

0 gains. I hope no one is avoiding fessing up.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3898.2 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

I'm up .5 lbs from 213.6 to 214.1.

After switching things up with my coffee, it was frustrating not to see any loss on the scale and rather, a small gain. But it did allow me to take a step back and re-evaluate why that may be--even though I feel like I'm eating healthier food, I realized that I'm still eating TOO MUCH healthy food.

I added breakfast back into my routine (oatmeal with greek yogurt, no sugar and 1/4 c. frozen blueberries) so I've ADDED calories into my day. After taking another look at this, I realized it was taking me about 45 min to eat all that oatmeal (1 1/4 c. cooked) and so I cut that portion down to 1/2 c. cooked. My afternoon snack of greek yogurt with fruit was also a 1 c. serving. I cut that in half as well. And then listened to my body to see if I was satisfied with a smaller serving. (I was!)

So I'm going to keep those minor adjustments and keep moving forward.

I've met my goals with not adding sweetner to my yogurt. I still like a little in my oatmeal, but not as much. I'm still working on figuring out my coffee. I'm back to 1/2 pkt of hot chocolate, 2 T half and half and a pkt of truvia. That's 65 calories down from 135 calories. I just saw someone on Facebook mention unsweetened chocolate almond milk. That and a pkt of Truvia may be exactly what I need in my coffee...I HAVE to check that out!

Volleyball is over for the summer. We took 2nd place in both our leagues. I'm going to have to find a new activity since I don't think I'll be playing consistently in the indoor leagues this fall.

I'll wait another 2 weeks to weigh myself, but I'll try again to check back next week.

Comment

Hi all.

Karen - as you always say, staying the same is an achievement in itself. (And NOT so easy to do!) Good job. I too keep a can of salmon handy for the days that I don't want to cook. Added benefit - it is a source of vit D.

hsmaldo - I know it is frustrating trying to figure out how much of what to eat in order to lose weight. You had such a small gain that I am sure your reduced portions will take that off in no time. I know it drives my dh crazy with the small portions that I eat, but it is enough for me. I have reached a place where I eat pretty much what I want to, but always keeping in mind the portion size and amount of sodium I am consuming, and adjusting other meals to accommodate any 'splurges' I allow myself. Good luck on your coffee - that is just one of my splurges. I use splenda and flavored creamer in mine. Then I drink water the rest of the day.

Agate - I feel for you. I HATE having to do exercises - even though I know it would be helpful for me.
      I am sure you will find a way to slide it in until it becomes just another routine that you do without thinking about it. (yeah I am giving you a positive re-enforcement thing here, even tho it has never worked for me ). You are still my idol .

I gained 1.2 pounds this week . Haven't felt all that great this past week and so didn't make the effort to eat properly and certainly didn't get in any exercise. But I am not too concerned about it - I am still under 125. If I lose more fine, but I will be content to stay here for a while.

8/18 122.8
      8/25 124.1

Comment

Gained 1.4 lbs

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
        Mamabug, nice loss. Your on going eating plan seems to be working just fine. Keep it up and you will definitely meet your goal...
        Well -- this week, my eating plan didn't work just fine. I didn't go off of it, but my scale isn't cooperating. I guess sometimes plateaus and normal fluctuations happen. I think I'll increase my eating for a few days and see what happens. Sounds counter-intuitive. But, sometimes I think I don't eat enough and go into starvation mode, so I'll see if that's what my current problem is.

Total weight lost in 2016: 5.0 lbs

Monthly weights:
        12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
        04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
        5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/30: 132.4 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs . . . 08/25: 129.4 lbs

Recent weights:
        8/18: 128.0 lbs
        8/25: 129.4 lbs
        January inches:
        B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
        June inches:
        B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

msgijo, thank you so much for the appreciative words. I am keeping up with the exercises. Just the thought of being back where I was--in pain and wobbling around as if I had no control over my legs--is enough to keep me from skipping the routines.

Actually they're easier now than they were while I was having PT. Then I had to do all of the daily, and when I had my last session some of them were cut down to MWF instead of daily. It's been like a vacation.

I actually lost a pound. I'm at 118 now, thanks to the stress of a computer transition. I'm fairly dependent on a computer, and transferring to a different one after 12 trouble-free years on just the one PC has been an adjustment.

For coffee drinkers, I've heard that learning to like black coffee is a good way to cut calorie intake because the sugar and cream or other additions can really add up. It's hard to change a habit though.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X