Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/11/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/11/16:

Hi Everyone. Fortunately I have continued to recover from my illness. I am currently enjoying my daughter Wendy’s visit. Wendy is a type 2 diabetic so I have been extra focused on healthy meals. I fear I have overindulged a couple of times but at least it was good for me food. I am delighted with the week’s positive participation. It is so good to see support for one another along with good suggestions.

I am sorry to say I gained a pound so now weigh 115. I’ll try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, I apparently missed your post for the week and did not get it recorded for last week. I thus am crediting you with staying the same for which you remain the champion. Thank you for sharing your story of struggling with diabetes. I give all of you with this challenge all the credit for addressing your special dietary challenges. Keep fighting the good fight.

Mamabug, good for you for another loss. I knew you could do it. Those fractions really do add up over time. Keep doing what you are doing.

Hsmaldo, very good loss. Happy anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful time on your weekend celebration. Keep up the good work .

Poohb3ar, you are definitely on the right track. Very good loss for the week. You really are doing the right things. To answer you question, I did see a doctor which is why I have improved health wise. Thanks for asking. Keep up the pace.

Msgijo, thank you for sharing your story. I know it will help those who have the challenge of diabetes. And congratulations on your loss. Thank you for the words of encouragement. Best of luck at maintaining your current weight.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Add red pepper flakes to your pantry. When eaten early in the day, red pepper lowers the amount of food you'll eat later.” I had never heard this before but it is worth a try. The flakes won’t add calories.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

4.6 pounds by four members. Fantastic! You are all doing the right things. We have never had so many report with no gains. How great people are having to alter clothes. I predict more successes for the future. Thank you for reminding us that it can be done.

Total Gain:

0 gains. Outstanding that all regulars posted and not a gain within the group. Let’s pray this is a trend.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3891.4 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

No weight to report this week, I'll do that in a few weeks.

We went out to eat last night and I totally over-indulged. And felt it afterwards! So, I'm hoping that even though we're going to be away this weekend, that I'll be able to make wiser food decisions!

My goal this week has been to wean off the sugar/sweetener in my yogurt. Yesterday I only put 1/4 tsp of brown sugar. Today I didn't put any, but rather put some fresh sliced peaches and raspberries instead.

Coffee is going to be the last thing that I mess with I think. I'm still unsure how to tweak that unless I put only 1 T of creamer instead of 2.

It's going to get very HOT here this weekend, and I have no idea what Hubby has planned for our weekend. I'm praying that wherever it is (I know we're driving for a few hours to get there) is cooler!!

Good luck to everyone this week, keep at it one meal at a time. Lets not one meal throw our whole day/week off!

Karen, enjoy your daughter's visit, and I'm glad you're recovering!

Comment

Lost 0.2 lbs this week

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
      Mamabug, good for you for another loss. I knew you could do it. Those fractions really do add up over time. Keep doing what you are doing.
      Thanks, Karen. My 13-week program was complete this week. I really wasn't making many different dietary changes than what I was already doing, except for the supplements. Some of that included their shakes, which I combined with green to make green smoothies. I'll likely continue the smoothies, as well as the Berberine and the ProBiotic supplements. I was already taking other supplements, and I'm trying a couple of others. I do believe in the Nature's Sunshine brand. They are more expensive, but I believe in their quality and you get what you pay for.

Total weight lost in 2016: 5.8 lbs

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
      04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
      5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs

Recent weights:
      8/04: 129.0 lbs
      8/11: 128.8 lbs
      January inches:
      B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
      June inches:
      B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Actual age: 54
      Metabolic age: 47
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

woohoo!

minus 2.5 lbs for a low of 153.1!!! yipee!!! i'll take it for now, though i'm afraid it might inch up a little. past few days i've been sick due to reacting to flu and whooping cough vaccines. had to get the whooping cough vaccine for my new grandbaby that's coming pretty soon! so it was worth it!

so glad you're feeling better karen.

hsmaldo, very wise advice about not throwing everything out for one meal. so true!
        on coffee, i started swapping milk for creamer like 1 T creamer and 1 T milk, kept ratioing it over towards more milk until it was all milk. much better for you. now i can drink coffee with just a little stevia and then it's a calorie free beverage you can drink as much as you want!! good luck!

may everyone have a blessed week!

poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

8/4 124.1
          8/12 123.9
          lost 0.2 pounds

Still loosing but sticking close to 125 . I am calling the extra a 'buffer' for the times when I gain a little .

Karen - I am glad to hear that you are continuing to recover. Too bad there isn't a magic wand to make it happen faster . Enjoy your daughter's visit. If you stick to her diet you will loose weight. BUT be careful of the diet stuff - too often it has as much or more carbs than reg food would . I will try the hot pepper flacks. I don't usually eat "breakfast" but normally start with a 'brunch' type food, so that will fit in easily.

hsmaldo - You are SO right about not throwing in the towel because of one meal! Wishing you luck on the coffee fix. I have tried the 'natural' sugars (even raw honey) but the taste wasn't there to me. So I am back with splenda. I haven't tried different creamers so I cant offer any suggestions, but the milk sub sounds like it may help. Good luck!

Faith - you are doing great! Nice slow loss. And now you know exactly what works for you .

Pooh - you are really on a roll . I hope you start feeling better soon. It is hard to eat right when nothing taste good and you don't feel well too .

Agate - I am trying to get in the boat with you (at 125) but not quite there. I am doing better -at least no dramatic gains / losses lately. Yeah dh is living dangerously. Too high followed by too low is a daily thing for him . But he is lulled by the 'magic' of insulin. I seem to remember an article (years ago) about the dangers of artificial insulin (any insulin that the body doesn't produce) but cannot find it now. Not that I really think showing it to him would help. It is just too easy to continue with what he is doing. And yeah bunnies have the correct idea. They can run(hop) fast, have many kids and live long and healthy lives (look at how long "Bugs" has been around ).

Comment

I'm late to this thread--again--and probably am seriously gumming up any attempts at keeping track of people's weights here but I did want to check in. Still at 119 but have been so very busy lately that there's not a lot of time to eat--and so maybe I'll finally drop a pound or two.

My clothes are fitting OK, and for me that's a good sign. They're even a bit looser than they were, and that's an even better sign.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
            X