This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 8/4/16:

Hi Everyone. Sorry to say I am still under the weather but am gradually improving. This will be another abbreviated effort. My stamina level is low and I struggle to get basic things done throughout the day. My daughter is due Sunday and I pray that I will be able to come totally back to life so that I can optimally enjoy her visit.

I finally was able to get on the scale. No loss, no gain since I last posted. I still weigh 114 which may change and not for the better when my daughter visits from Sunday to Sunday. I will try to set a good example by showing restraint. I would like to lose half a pound but that may be asking too much.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Mamabug, good going and to be in the 120's is truly heartening. Inching down is a good way to go because of the stats on slow weight loss. Thank you for the get well wishes. I feel better just hearing of your concern. Have a great week.

Hsmaldo, I hope all is well with you. Do keep in touch.

Poohb3ar, thank you so much for your well wishes and blessings which truly help. That is amazing you lost when your daughter and granddaughter were visiting. How wonderful that you were able to totally enjoy their visit. Keep up the good work.

Msgijo, thank you for your kind words. They truly make a difference. Good for you for losing even a little. As we know, that is so much better than gaining. Keep on truckin’ as we used to say in the old days.

Abidingjones, I am concerned about you and hope you are O.K. I hope we haven’t lost you for good.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Sorry I still can’t get it together to write a tip.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.5 pounds by three members. Way to go group! You are our shining examples for the week. May you keep up your momentum. I predict more successes for the future. Thank you for reminding us that it can be done.

Total Gain:

0 gains. I hope any gainers are not reluctant to post.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3886.8 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

woohoo!

put me down for minus 1.8! 155.6 is my weight!!! this is becoming fun seeing how much i'm going to lose! i keep altering clothes because i don't want to jinx it by buying anything smaller. besides at this rate maybe, fingers crossed, i can lose a size or two
    doesn't hurt to have a goal. i've been eating less and exercising more except this past week with a bad cold. exercising made me cough too much. but i had no appetite that counterbalanced it. thus the weight loss.

shrink, have you seen a dr.? 2 weeks of being so sick is worrisome. i'll keep praying.
    may God bless you with better health.

may everyone have a blessed week!
    poohb3ar
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hi everyone, just popping in to say hi. All is well over here, just still crazy busy at work which is frustrating, but I'm starting to feel just a little more on top of things.

Hubby got a c-pap machine, so WE are sleeping better! No more waking up to him snoring/keeping me from sleeping. It's glorious!!

I'm looking into the Trim Healthy Mama plan and cookbooks. It's pretty inline with what the nutritionist has been trying to have us do (On a very basic level, you build your meals around proteins) and then either add a small carb or a fat source.

I have my follow-up appointment with the nutritionist on Monday, so we'll see what the scale has to say about my last 6 weeks of summertime behavior!!

I'll be back to report!

Comment

Karen I am glad that you are feeling some better. For me UTI's are hard to get rid of - they seem to want to hang around forever. Take it easy and hopefully that will help you get back to 100% in no time. Good job on no loss / no gain .

Way to go Pooh ! I know what you mean about altering clothes - I am doing the same .

I have eaten a little more this week, but have also been a little more active and it all worked out. End result was a loss of 0.7 pounds.

7/28 124.8
        8/4 124.1

Comment

Lost 0.6 lbs this week

Total weight lost in 2016: 5.6 lbs

Monthly weights:
          12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
          04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
          5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs

Recent weights:
          8/04: 129.0 lbs
          7/28: 129.6 lbs

January inches:
          B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
          June inches:
          B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Actual age: 54
          Metabolic age: 46
          Last edited by Mamabug; 08-05-2016, 11:45 AM.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Agate - I saw your report after I had posted my loss for the week, and decided to come back and respond to you.

I too am a type 2 diabetic, and after finding out I lost a good bit of weight (between 20-30 pounds). After meeting and marriage to my dh (an insulin dependent diabetic) a lot of it came back. As stupid as it sounds I was so envious that he could eat whatever and just take a shot of insulin to make it ?okay?. So I relaxed the routine that I had lost weight with. He has also gained weight - a LOT of weight, but I cant seem to find the right words to convince him to eat better. I fix the correct things to eat, and he picks up fast food on the way to work .

The "3 meals a day plus a bedtime snack, as recommended for people with diabetes" routine isn't for me. I cant eat that often. But I can deal with no jams, sauces, ect. as I am a firm believer that the flavor should be cooked into the meal, not poured on it. I do still eat sweets, but moderation is key for me.

And yeah, like you I am down pat with the protein, fat fiber, carbs. I have tried to explain to dh that if he will eat more fiber it will 'fill him up' and it will stay with him longer - less spikes in blood sugar levels - but he thinks that vegs are for bunnies. If he goes low he grabs candy and then eats too much to get it up as quickly as possible, which of course sets him up for another quick low ... In his opinion protein takes too long to bring his sugar levels back up .

I have decided to try and stay at 125 for a while. If I lose more that's cool, but I am happy here. This is slightly (5 lbs) over my weight 35 years ago, before 3 children and menopause.

But I say again that I applaud your will power in sticking with this diet for so many years. Thank you for sharing your story .

Faith - GOOD LOSS . It looks like you are on a roll here. Keep up the good work.

hsmaldo - our posts must have crossed. Good to hear from you. The sleep thing may just help you to loss some weight. Studies have shown that people who do not get proper sleep gain more weight and have a harder time loosing it. (And here I am at midnight posting ).

Comment

Last time (that I could find) I posted my weight here, I was up to 215.1. (Back in May?) This morning I was down 1.5 lbs to 213.6.

I went about 6 weeks without weighing myself. Not once. I had hubby move the scale into the girls bathroom and I broke my habit of weighing twice daily.

I tried to watch what I was eating, made some changes to my dinners (instead of 4 taco shells, I would have one and then taco meat on a zucchini boat.

I still went and had lunches and desserts at Great Adventure (amusement park where we have season dining passes).

My parents were here and I took a week off work.

So, overall, I guess I'm okay with staying the same/losing 1.5 lbs.

BUT, now I want to get serious.

My nutritionist yesterday skimmed over the Trim Healthy Mama plan that I had been researching and told me that while it looked pretty good, it seemed to complicate things more than necessary.

I'm in agreement with her--and honestly, I don't need to complicate my life any more than it already is. I DO like the recipes they utilize but realize I don't need to follow their plan in order to make the recipes.

She suggested that we identify the sweet stuff in our meals. I wouldn't say that I have to have an insane amount of sweet things, but my morning coffee and evening ice cream/treat definitely top/make up the bulk of that list.

I'm honestly not sure what to do about my coffee. I currently use 1/2 pkt of hot chocolate (35 cal) and 2 T sweet cream creamer (90 cals) So my coffee is 125 calories. I think there is room to bring that down, but its going to take some trial and error!

The ice cream/desserts I know needs to be cut down from an "every night" thing. Last night I had cup of decaf tea with some unsweetened almond milk. That was pretty satisfying, except I had to get up around midnight to use the bathroom! LOL!

I found a menu planner and am going to try to plan out some menus for a week or two. My incredible Hubby has booked us a weekend--somewhere! It's our 14 year wedding anniversary tomorrow and I'm taking off early on Friday. It's a total surprise and I'm looking forward to it. Obviously, I can't plan those meals since I have NO clue of our destination or planned activities there! So this week I'm going to just keep a log of what meals I ate.

Anyways, I hope to be back in 2 weeks to report my weight!

Comment

I'm late to this thread but still weigh 119.

msgijo, your DH sounds a bit like my son, who is a non-insulin-dependent Type 2 diabetic (taking metformin or supposed to be)--he doesn't have much use for this diabetes idea.

I hope your DH isn't living too dangerously for his own good. If you have Type 1 you really can't get away with much, or at least that's what I've always heard.

I had to laugh when you said your DH thinks veggies are for bunnies. Guess they're for bunnies too but maybe bunnies have the right idea....
                MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
                X