Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for7/28/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for7/28/16

Hi Everyone. I am very sorry but I am really under the weather and am having trouble collecting my thoughts. I finally made it to the doctor after having great difficulty walking and feared I was going to have to be hospitalized. I have a bad UTI and it has made my temperature rise which has interfered with all functions. What I am trying to say is that I can’t get it together to write anything inspiring or relevant. I will have to also beg off on providing a Tip.

I was incapable of weighing myself because I could not stand on the scale so can’t even report on my weight.

Agate, thanks for sharing your secret in staying the same week after week. The routine has certainly worked for you. Keep it up.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but since it was under a pound it is certainly not catastrophic. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hsmaldo, I hope all is well with you. Do keep in touch.

Poohb3ar, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope your plan is still effective.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but I’m sure you will get back on track. Best wishes.

Abidingjones, I am concerned about you and hope you are O.K. I hope we haven’t lost you for good.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Sorry I can’t get it together to write a tip.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1 pound by one member. It’s nice to know it can be done.

Total Gain:

2.1 pounds by two members. Thank you for reporting the disappointing truth.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3884.3 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Lost 1.0 lbs this week

Monthly weights:
    12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
    04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
    5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs . . . 07/28: 129.6 lbs

July weights:
    7/28: 129.6 lbs
    7/21: 130.6 lbs

January inches:
    B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
    June inches:
    B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Actual age: 54
    Metabolic age: 48

Lost 5.0 lbs this year, so far. Still working towards the 120-121 lb goal. I'd like to see more inches come off my waist too. Still too much of an apple with a round tummy.

I started the IN.FORM program 4/16. It was unsuccessful for the first four weeks, but, overall, I've lost more weight in the last 3 months than I did in the first three months, so, it must be helping, especially since I started doing it my way instead of sticking to some of their restrictions that I didn't like.

I think it's probably the combination of the diet and the supplements, because my dietary choices (doing it my way) are really not much different from what I was doing prior to the program. The shakes and the probiotics and the Berberine and some of the other supplements are probably what's effective. They were maybe able to get me through the plateau that I couldn't break after menopause. Weight loss is still slow, and a little bit sporadic, but it's going the right direction.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Karen, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I remember that once a GP I saw couldn't understand that the "normal" symptoms don't always show up with MS people. Thankfully my regular GP knows just enough about MS to follow my lead on such matters. If it is clearly MS he will not touch it, but things like listening about MS oddities he will work with me. I hope you start feeling better soon .

Faith - way to go . I have always heard that loosing weight slowly tends to help keep it off. I expect that when you get to the weight that you want that it will be easy to maintain it .

Agate - I believe that you mentioned before that you had a boring meal schedule, but I was hoping for some 'magic' potion that would work with a 'one-time' use . Even so I applaud your determination to maintain your weight. Maybe one day I will grow up to be like you.

I am pleased this week - I lost a little (0.4 pounds) - but didn't have such a wide swing in my weight. I paid more attention to portion sizes this week, and didn't cook everything that I thought would be "good" . In fact I only cooked 4 days out of the last 7 - the rest was left-overs days.

7/21 125.2
      7/28 124.8

Wishing everyone a cool, loosing week .

Comment

Karen -- I'm sorry, too, that you're feeling bad. Didn't read most of your post; sorry. So, I didn't notice til misgijo mentioned it.

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
        Faith - way to go . I have always heard that loosing weight slowly tends to help keep it off. I expect that when you get to the weight that you want that it will be easy to maintain it .

Thanks; hope so. I was able to keep most of the weight off from 2011 (after I lost 60 lbs over a year) until 2014. I'd gained just a little big back, because of menopause issues.

But, in 2014, I had to go on steroids twice and i tend to gain 7 lbs every time that happens. I haven't had much success at getting that excess off in 2015. Until this year, when I went on this IN.FORM program. I'm glad that something is finally working.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

shrink, those surely can get you down. i hope you're taking good care of yourself! may God bless you with a quick recovery!

sorry it took so long to check in.
          i was with my grandchild and daughter last week. we had a blast! didn't worry about anything else in my world! hehe!

i weigh 157.4! which is the least i've weighed in i don't remember!!!
          that's down 1.1 lbs since the last time i reported. it's been a little up and down trying to figure what works on a daily basis plus family visits, vacations, etc haven't helped. but i'm trying hard to keep going down. now that i've got a good taste of steadily losing, i don't want to stop!!!

may everyone have a blessed week!
          poohb3ar
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

ShrinkKaren, I'm so sorry you haven't been well. I hope that the infection is under better control by now and that you're feeling better.

Still at 119 this week.

msgijo, thank you for the compliment. When I was told I had diabetes, that was what prompted me to drop the excess pounds. I thought I was getting away with being very overweight for a number of years, but Type 2 diabetes made me think again about that.

I rethought my way of eating and decided to eat a strict 3 meals a day plus a bedtime snack, as recommended for people with diabetes. No between-meal snacks, no desserts, gave up all jams, jellies, and preserves with the occasional exception of apple butter.

And began counting calories, which I still do, even after 32 years of it. By now I have the calories for many foods memorized.

As a diabetic I have to watch the protein, fat, fiber, and carbs and in my case the sodium and potassium. All of this is a chore but I've known too many people whose health has gone seriously downhill because of diabetes. With MS too, I just didn't need any extra problems.

That's how I did it but I wouldn't wish diabetes on anyone.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
            X