Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for7/21/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for7/21/16

Hi Everyone. Here we are just starting a heat wave with temps expected to be in the 90's for days. We all know what that means for those of us with MS. I just pray my air conditioning does not go out. Heat is one more reason for us to keep our weight down. Weakness from heat plus excess pounds is truly daunting. May you all stay cool.

I amazed times two. I lost a pound this week which surprised me because I didn’t think I had eaten little enough for that to happen. I did eat less salt than usual. I am happy to be at under my goal weight at l14. I will try my best to lose at least a half pound this week as a further buffer.

Agate, congratulations on there being no gain. You must write a book on how you can stay the same week after week! It would no doubt be a best seller. Have a great week.

Mamabug, good for you for staying the same which bodes well for you getting your total weight down. I hope the best for the coming week. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, its so good to hear from you. Thank you for checking in. It sounds like you are truly trying to lose some pounds. Some people do find it uncomfortable to weigh too often. Many plans recommend not weighing more than once a week because of daily changes which can be discouraging. I do wish you the best with your efforts. We will look forward to hearing from you when you feel the time is right. Best wishes.

Poohb3ar, that’s great that your plan is working for you. Thank you for checking in even though you were not prepared to weigh in this week. I worry about those who stay away. It sounds like your plan is just what the doctor ordered. You are on your way to being svelte! Keep those pounds coming off.

Msgijo, my goodness but that was a big loss. Good for you especially after attending the dinner with all kinds of temptations. I agree about having to go out to buy new clothes which I find truly daunting. Have you given any thought to buying on line? If you know your size that could save you from having to go from store to store. Good luck with whatever you decide to do .

Abidingjones, I am concerned about you and hope you are O.K. I hope we haven’t lost you for good.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “Think ahead to how you'll eat and exercise on the weekends. It's easy to get too relaxed on Saturdays and Sundays, but healthy living is a 7-day-a-week endeavor.” One can truly undo five days of healthy eating by overdoing on the weekend even though it is only two days.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

4 pounds by two members. Congratulations are in order. We are our inspirations this week. This proves that it can and will be done. May we all follow the lead.

Total Gain:

0 pounds. It is very helpful for gainers to come forward. We need a reminder that it can and does happen. Posting gains means the process is being taken seriously.

Stayed the same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3883.3 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Well I got off track this week. I knew I was eating too much (what mamabug would call 'splurge days') but it was good food. I just ate too much of it - on 2 days I ate a full meal twice . So I gained 1.5 pounds this week.

7/14 123.7
    7/21 125.2

Obviously I cannot continue to eat like this and keep my weight down. Maybe I can call this past week my "reward" for doing so well during the previous weeks and get back on some kind of moderation plan now.

Comment

Gained 0.6 lbs

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
      04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
      5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs

July weights:
      7/14: 130.0 lbs
      7/21: 130.6 lbs

January inches:
      B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
      June inches:
      B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Actual age: 54
      Metabolic age: 48
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

No gain--still at 119'. I'd be happier with a few pounds gone but this is OK too for now.

My eating habits are very monotonous, and that's probably why my weight never varies.

One way I deal with stress is to try to stick to the same routines--pretty much the same grocery lists, the same food at every meal, the same mealtimes. This would bore many people but it gives me time and energy for everything else I need to do. And I have the nutrition information memorized for the foods I eat regularly--so I don't have to look that up so often.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
        X