Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for7/14/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for7/14/16

I have been in the Twilight Zone. I went to post and there was no submit strip. I tried everything I could imagine to try to get it to appear and nothing worked. I was at this for an hour and a half. I finally got into something or other but have no idea what and the submit bar suddenly appeared. I tried to get information several ways but was unsuccessful. If my weekly blog does not appear it is either because I could not get in, in the hospital, or dead!

7/14/16

Hi Everyone. Here we are almost half way into July. It’s scary how time seems just to evaporate. I am weaker by the day and am very concerned about my future and where I want to spend it. I know as I grow weaker weight control is of the utmost importance. I don’t want to spend extra strength lugging around unwanted pounds. And I also think of the possibility that at some point I may need physical assistance from others and excess weight would be a major problem if that occurs. I apologize if I sound gloomy. I don’t really feel that way, just thoughtful. I want to make the best future possible. I hope you all are having a good week.

I amazed. I lost half a pound this week which surprised me because I ate food with more salt than usual. I am happy to be at my goal weight of 115. I will try my best to lose at least a half pound this week as a buffer.

Agate, so glad to see you back. Also glad that you are your usual steady self. I think it is so remarkable that you can stay the same week after week. I am always going either up or down. You should write a book! Be well.

Mamabug, that’s a very good loss. I like the way you keep track of your losses and gains over time. I am sure it is heartening to know you have had a loss year to date. It is wise to value your loss over time and know that you are succeeding overall. You will not be one who gains all the initial weight back. Keep your positive attitude.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you again this week. I continue to hope we haven’t lost you.

Poohb3ar, good for you for losing despite all of the celebrating. I really admire you for following through with your weight loss plan which I know hasn’t been easy. That is good that you are following up with a less rigorous plan. That will ensure that you don’t gain the weight back. Keep up your positive outlook.

Msgijo, sorry about your small gain. But it must be heartening to know that you are below your goal weight. I can understand your desire to set future lower target goals. There is something to be said for losing more than originally intended. I actually did that several years ago and am glad that I did. Keep up the good work.

Abidingjones, I am concerned about you and hope you are O.K. I hope we haven’t lost you for good.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “Save 85 calories just by swapping mustard for mayonnaise in a sandwich.” That doesn’t’ sound like a whole lot but it really is. Cutting out a few calories here and there can really add up.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.6 pounds by two members. Congratulations on losing. You are our inspirations this week. This proves that it can and will be done. May we all follow your lead.

Total Gain:

1.3 pounds by one member. Thank you for posting. We need a reminder that it can and does happen. Posting gains means the process is being taken seriously.

Stayed the same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

On a roll

Amazingly I managed to loss again this week .
    I attended a large dinner this weekend, and there were all sorts of goodies there (well good tasting - NOT good for you dishes). And as usual there was way too much food, so everyone was kinda forced to take home some leftovers . But to be honest, after preparing, serving the food and the cleaning up afterwards I found all that stuff wasn't as tempting as it had been when I first saw it . I grabbed the things that I knew dh would eat (a wise move because I am just now getting back to normal) and left the rest for somebody else to deal with.

7/7 127.2
    7/14 123.7
    Loss of 3.5 pounds.

I would be happy, but that means that I have already reached the new goal I set last week . So should I continue to go down? I haven't been 120 pounds in 30 years!
    That would mean all new clothes . I really hate shopping for clothes - the only thing worse is shopping for shoes.

Oh I do so wish that I could just 'stay the same'.

Comment

Stayed the same

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
      04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
      5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs

July weights:
      7/14: 130.0 lbs
      7/7: 130.0 lbs

January inches:
      B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
      June inches:
      B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Actual age: 54
      Metabolic age: 48
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry I've been MIA!

I went to the nutritionist back on June 29th and one of the goals I set for myself was to NOT weigh myself until I see her again in August. I found that I was getting frustrated by the number on the scale and if it was up, then I'd get upset, but if it went down, I'd "celebrate."

So I haven't weighed myself since then!

I don't think I've been giving it my best efforts either though--my parents were here on vacation and we had a few parties. There may have been some cake and ice cream involved as well!

Now that I'm back to work and back on a schedule, I'm able to focus on it more. I've been avoiding all the goodies at the office and have swapped plain greek yogurt with fruit for the vanilla/sweetened yogurt. That's at least one small change!

I'll try to check back in August.

All is well here!

Comment

shrink,
          no gain or loss to post. i literally couldn't weigh. we were without electricity wed - fri.
          and on the 'new plan' i'm on you get to 'cheat' fri- sun' so NO WAY was i going to WEIGH after that.
          so i will post this thurs. guess i'll just skip this week. sorry. i rely on the wii balance board to give me exact weight.
          i know i have lost more weight even with these cheat weekends. it's quite similar to the more intense program but lot more relaxed. so i'm able to do it very easily and losing small increments daily. yipee!
          so see ya thurs!
          God bless ya'll!
          poohb3ar
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Still weighing 119 and happy that there's been no gain.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
            X