Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/30/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/30/16

Hi Everyone. The fourth of July is upon us. I can’t believe it is here already. Let’s face it, it is another time when celebration with food is the norm. Some of the food is calorie heavy but some is less so. Barbeque can be a healthy choice especially if not covered with high calorie sauce. Potato salad should be consumed judiciously since it normally has a high fat content. Same with coleslaw. I hope you have access to cut up veggies. Also watermelon is not a bad choice. Wieners should be eaten sparingly, again because of the high fat content. I don’t want to sound like a spoil sport. The main thing is to have lots of fun with family and friends. Just try to exercise portion control no matter what the food choice.

Thankfully I lost half a pound this week even though I did not cut back as much as I had planned. I now weigh 115.5. I will try my best to lose at least another half pound this week.

Agate, good for you for staying the same. And congratulations for walking for 25 minutes with your walker. I also use a rolling walker but have never walked for such a long time. Now that PT is over are you continuing with the exercises? I have done so and find it is really beneficial. Keep rolling along.

Mamabug, good for you for your loss. That is a good plan to try to lose slowly over the next few months. The slower it comes off the greater chance of it staying off. You are so wise to take the process seriously after having lost your intended weight initially. I predict that in the final analysis you will not be one who gains lost weight back. Keep plugging away.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope we hear from you soon.

Poohb3ar, good loss. You are really on your way. You are almost at a new weight category, into the 150's. I admire you for following through with fasting which many cannot manage. Hey, what a boon. I am referring to medication that may have weight loss as a side effect. I hope it helps.

Msgijo, good for you for losing some. I am sorry you are suffering so much with the heat. It has been really hot here occasionally and I stay in the house with air conditioning when it is bad. Heat is our worst enemy and causes weakness as we know. I do hope you are finding relief. Keep up the good work.

Abidingjones, I am concerned about you and hope you are O.K. Hope to see you soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “If you're 'cooking' food in the microwave, chances are you're eating unhealthy packaged foods. If you must microwave, consider soy chicken patties, veggie burgers or steamer vegetables and brown rice.” I must take some issue with what Dr. Oz says about microwave cooking. That is about all I do. It is difficult for me to cook on the stove let alone the oven. I microwave all fresh veggies with great success especially corn on the cob. I even microwave fresh salmon which is not the preferred way to cook it. But it is not bad. I have never tried microwaving fresh chicken or beef which I don’t eat anyway. I know some are experts at microwaving almost everything. Also there are many frozen choices that are not unhealthy. Just check labels.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.2 pounds by three members. Good going. Every fraction counts. You are positive examples for the week. It also proves to us that we can do it..

Total Gain:

2 pounds by one member. Guess who. Sorry to spoil a perfect record for the week. I am a reminder that we would do well to be on our best behavior.

Stayed the same:

One member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3872.4 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Gained 1.8 lbs

Not blaming anything but myself for this gain. Had company all week. Daughter, son-in-law and little 7-week old Micah. I didn't stick to diet much. Didn't drink enough water, skipped some of my supplements, ate sugar and desserts sometimes, didn't eat enough vegetables, etc.

Hoping next week will be better.

Monthly weights:
    12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
    04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
    5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs

June weights:
    6/30: 132.4 lbs
    6/23: 130.6 lbs
    6/16: 130.8 lbs
    6/9: 132.0 lbs
    6/2: 131.8 lbs

January inches:
    B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
    June inches:
    B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Actual age: 54
    Metabolic age: 49
    Last edited by Mamabug; 06-30-2016, 11:15 AM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Well I have kinda mixed news to report.

I am a type 2 diabetic, and have been taking Metformin for years (2x/day). I had started having lows every day, and so I stopped taking it about a month ago. No more lows, and I actually felt pretty good (our "normal" good). And I have been loosing weight, so all is good - right?
      Well it seems not so much. Had normal 3 month checkup earlier this week and my A1C was up. A lot . So I am back on med. I am only taking it once a day, but the first time I took it this week the side effects kicked in. And since I am taking med again I will need to force myself to eat more. I AM NOT happy about this.

The good news is that I had a decent loss again this week - 1.3 pounds .

6/23 137.2
      6/30 125.9

If I had the energy to exercise I might could keep steady at this weight (not to mention tone my body up some) but I know that isn't gonna happen.
      We have several functions coming up in the next 2 weeks, but maybe there will be enough variety so that I can chose the better stuff to eat .

Hoping everyone had a happy, safe and healthy 4th!

Comment

woohoo!

minus 2.5 lbs! finally in the 150's!!! at 158.7 lbs!!!! yipee!!!!
        1 more week of this!!!
        can't wait to see the final and keeping it off!

take care and God bless ya!
        poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Still at 119 this week.

Yes, I'll definitely need to keep the exercises going even though the PT sessions have ended. I'd like not to slip and fall any more, and I'm in better control of my legs since the PT.

Hope everyone had a nice Fourth. I thought that strawberries or red raspberries and blueberries with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt might make a good food for the occasion but I didn't get around to trying it. At least it would be red, white, and blue.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X