Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/22/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/22/16

It is Wednesday evening and we are expecting a tremendous storm so I am posting a

Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a fulfilling Father’s Day. My son and his wife were here which was wonderful. They each eat more food than anyone I ever knew. My son has had a large appetite since he was a young child. He is tall and was slender until just a couple of years ago. He and his formerly slender wife started putting on pounds which surprised them. They are not huge, probably about 25 pounds overweight. I mention this because it is an example of what happens over time. We all have a time in our lives when we cannot continue eating usual calories and maintaining weight. It happens to all of us. The solution is so obvious, cutting calories. We must all face this sooner or later and I hope we all will rise to the occasion

As expected, I gained this week due to eating more than usual and eating a great deal more salt.. I gained two pounds so weigh 116. I will try my best to get back to my usual routine.

Agate, good for you for maintaining. I am so impressed by your diligence in counting calories. That is what it is all about. I applaud you for taking note of when you deviate from your optimal plan. Keep on the clear path.

Mamabug, hooray. It sounds like your program with modifications is paying off. I have my fingers crossed that you have broken the barrier. I know that you can succeed. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Poohb3ar, how great that your new program is working for you. Being successful at fasting is a real accomplishment. and it shows just how determined you are. You are definitely on your way toward meeting your goal. I know you can do it.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain. That is fortunate that you were a bit below your goal weight so that you don’t have to feel that your gain is a failure. That is why I try to stay a pound or two below my goal. Unfortunately I have not been following that program as vigorously as I could. Keep on the bright path.

Abidingjones, I am concerned about you and hope you are O.K. Hope to see you soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon may dial up your body's ability to burn fat, especially if you add some exercise.” It is best to eat wild salmon or wild caught salmon because there are nasties in farmed salmon. I eat salmon once a week and really enjoy it. The omega-3 fatty acids are heart healthy to boot .

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.7 pounds by three members. Good for us. We are positive examples for the week. It also proves to us that we can do it..

Total Gain:

1.1pound by one member. Remember this is only temporary. You have the opportunity to reverse the trend. I know you can do it. It is a reminder that we all need to be on our best behavior.

Stayed the same:

One member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Hi all. I hope that nobody has melted away - it is just too HOT!

I am very pleased this week with my weight . My dh was on his long break and I had expected to gain a little or at the very least stay the same, but I actually lost 0.9 pounds .

6/16 128.1
    6/23 127.2

My step count has been way down (the heat is draining any energy that I have) and we had pastries at church again on Sunday (my new BFF - aka freezer - helped with that one) so, as I said, I am pleased that I lost any weight.

Stay cool .

Comment

Lost 0.2 lbs this week

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
      04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
      5/26: 133.2 lbs . . . 06/23: 130.6 lbs

June weights:
      6/23: 130.6 lbs
      6/16: 130.8 lbs
      6/9: 132.0 lbs
      6/2: 131.8 lbs

January inches:
      B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
      June inches:
      B 40"; W 37.5", H 37"

Actual age: 54
      Metabolic age: 46

Goal: My goal, at the beginning of the year, was to get down to 121 or 122 pounds, even if it took a whole year. I'm halfway through the year, and, it might still happen. March and April went backwards, and, this program took awhile to begin to work for me. But, if it has, possibly, got me past the "hump", maybe I'll be able to lose enough to meet my end of the year goal. I still have 6 months left to lose about 9 pounds, so that's a fairly modest goal.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

yes, i am HAPPY!!!

the program i'm on after the first intense week, you start a less intense 5 day cycle for 25 days. it only has 1 fast day in it which isn't bad. you are only suppose to weigh at the end of each cycle but that wouldn't make for 7 day progress. sooo, i weighed this morning just for you shrink!
        plus i was curious
        i've lost another 1.1 lbs!!! down to 161.2! it's a little up from when i weighed on the 'correct day' but that's ok, it's still down from last week so i know it's working!

plus had appointment with migraine neuro tues and she gave me another RX to stop the storm and exercise migraines and one of the side effects of them is 'may make lose weight!!!' None of them ever say that! i sure hope it does that would be a big help!

praying everyone has a good week!

miss you too abidingjones! let us know how you are

God bless ya'll!
        poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Holding at 119 still but I keep saying I'll get those pounds off. Maybe some day I'll actually do it. Meanwhile I'm happy not to have gained.

Last PT session was this week, and now I have to keep up with the exercises on my own.

I can walk farther now and with less weaving around. Yesterday I walked (with a rolling walker) for about 25 minutes. I haven't done that in many months.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X