Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/16/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/16/16

Hi Everyone. I hardly know what to say after that horrible slaughter in Orlando. I pray that those injured will recover. One of those killed is reported to be a woman who had just completed losing 200 pounds. She must have been feeling so gratified for making such a huge change in her life and health. How sad that she was not able to enjoy her new transformation to the fullest. May all of the deceased rest in peace.

Hooray! I lost a pound this week so am one pound below my goal weight at 114. I would like to lose one more pound and I will try to lose half a pound this week. This may not be possible because my son and his wife are dropping by on a trip to Missouri.

Agate, good for you for once again not gaining. Your experience in limiting treats to very small amounts is excellent. When my grandson was here he bought a carton of yummy ice cream and of course left quite a bit. I allowed myself to have a teaspoon to a tablespoon every few days until it was gone. I felt a sense of satisfaction that I was able to follow that plan. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, I am truly sorry that your new program has not shown results yet. The not so bad news is that your gain this week was really tiny. I hope you don’t get discouraged with your program and just give up. I should think counselors could give useful suggestions. Hang tough.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Poohb3ar, good for you for the small loss. Keep us informed as to how your new program goes. It being for such a short amount of time should help you stay focused and enthusiastic. Do keep up your commitment .

Msgijo, Good for you for your loss. How gratifying that you continue to be at your goal weight. To answer your question about my staying at my goal weight is that I am pretty rigorous about monitoring my food intake every day. The truth is I am constantly going up or down a pound or two, occasionally more. When I have company and we eat out I invariably gain a couple of pounds but I then go right back to watching portions. Portion control is the key. It really is more of how much one eats than what one eats. See my answer to Agate regarding eating goodies. I know you will succeed. I have to say also that reporting results once a week for all to see is a great incentive for me. I don’t know what I would do without all of you.

Abidingjones, I am concerned about you and hope you are O.K. Hope to see you soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for fourteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “Think ahead to how you'll eat and exercise on the weekends. It's easy to get too relaxed on Saturdays and Sundays, but healthy living is a 7-day-a-week endeavor.” This can be a greater problem than we realize. Many engage in social activities on the weekend and are presented with temptations that are not there during the week. Many go to restaurants or other social gatherings on the weekends. It is important to accept that weight control needs to be a seven day endeavor.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.7 pounds by two members. Very good. You two are a reminder that it can be done. Large losses or small losses show a movement in the right direction. May we all follow your lead.

Total Gain:

.2 pound by one member. Thank you for reporting. That increases the probability that you will be in the loss column in the coming week. And it is a reminder that we all need to be on our best behavior.

Stayed the same:

Two members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3869.5 is the total weight loss for the past 14 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Lost 1.2 lbs

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
    Mamabug, I am truly sorry that your new program has not shown results yet. The not so bad news is that your gain this week was really tiny. I hope you don’t get discouraged with your program and just give up. I should think counselors could give useful suggestions. Hang tough...
    Oh; Karen. Sandy (my Nature's Sunshine rep) has given me TONS of helpful suggestions over the weeks:
    • taking my supplements with meals instead of snacks
    • exercising more
    • trying a different shake powder (a no-sugar one, instead of one with some natural sugars)
    • taking a Dieter's Cleanse to get rid of toxins in my body that might be stalling the weight loss.
    • Also, baths with epsom salt and baking soda for the same reason.
    • adding a progesterone cream, in case it's my hormones that are getting in the way
    • even keeping a "gratefulness" list

I think there were more ideas too. She has asked multiple other reps, on her forums for ideas too. She has gone above and beyond what she needs to do. She actually tells me that she prays for me every day. She knows how discouraged I was.

After the recent changes that I was making last week also did not appear to be making a difference, I simply decided that I was going to follow the program "my way". Fewer shakes per day, because I missed being able to eat as much "real food". Not following the diet quite as restrictively, etc. The weight results were the best they'd ever been, and I was happier than I'd been for weeks.

Sandy is supportive of my decisions. There are multiple components of the program that I'm still following. But, I'm done with the parts that didn't seem to be effective for me. There are still 9 more weeks to go; I'm hoping that, going about it my own way will work for me during the remainder of the program.

I gave it a good shot. And, when I lost weight in the past, I did it my creating my own program, with "rules" and "do's and don'ts" that I decided would work for me. So, I guess I'm not really surprised that I need to do that again.

Monthly weights:
    12/31: 134.6 lbs . . . 01/28: 132.6 lbs . . . 02/25: 131.6 lbs . . . 03/31: 132.6 lbs . . .
    04/28: 133.6 lbs . . . 0
    5/26: 133.2 lbs

June weights:
    6/16: 130.8 lbs
    6/9: 132.0 lbs
    6/2: 131.8 lbs

Actual age: 54
    Metabolic age: 49

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 1.1 pounds

Well I am still below my 'goal' weight, but I did gain this week . Not really sure why, but I am leaning towards having too much sodium. I did add a few small meals - but they truly were small meals. I had thought that it would be just enough to not loose more . But like I said still below goal, so I won't stress it - well as long as I can get a handle on it this week.

6/10 127.0
      6/16 128.1

Faith - good to see that you are getting some results! I find that I cannot follow many diets - like you, I have to adjust them to me. That is what I love about this forum. We can share the 'tweaks' that each of us have used as well as small things that make this journey successful . Best of luck this week.

Karen - I understand now why you are always striving to loose a little more - the extra loss that I had sure kept me from feeling so defeated this week with an unexpected gain . And thanks for letting me know that a pound or two isnt all that important in the larger picture - as long as I can see that maybe I need to be a little more vigilant the following week.

Agate - like your ideas of not calling anything "off-limits", but instead use moderation. I can work with that (I think ). I went grocery shopping the other day and was so discouraged that everything seemed to be over sized. The amounts, the packaging. Who can eat a loaf of bread before it goes bad? Why can't they sell like 4 slices of bread? Brownies? They sell them in packages that just imply that you have to eat half a dozen a day . At least with ice cream you can always get just one spoonful and leave it for another day .
      I suppose that the freezer is going to be my new best friend. Go ahead and freeze portions of EVERYTHING.

Good luck this week to us all .

Comment

Yipee!

I survived the 'Fastest Fat Loss Week' !

it contained 2 fast days which i really thought i wouldn't be able to do. the 1st one (after a cheat day) was pretty easy. the 2nd one wasn't after a big cheat day and i did have to drink a protein shake to keep my stomach from being sick.

another bump was the exercises. they weren't beyond my ability physically. each day has a different exercise program after warming up (total time 17 mins. a day!) doing least amount of reps until i built up to more.
        but a migraine zapped me in the middle on a plank so bad that i just laid on the floor holding my head for several minutes. worst i've had for a long time. i was scared to repeat that episode, especially with VBS at church. i didn't do ANY of their exercises the rest of the time.
        i did get quite a bit of exercise chasing kids for 2 hours a day for 4 days!

good news! lost 1.5 lbs despite not following the plan to a 'T'!!! can't wait to see how well i can do if able to do the exercises.

so i'm at 162.3 and continuing to lose!!!!

Lord willing, next week i'll be down even more. i'm moving on to the less intense 25 day program that has a 'cheat day' every 5th day! and only 1 fast day. i think i can live with this for 25 days.

good job mamab! glad you found a way to make the program work. you've always been intune with your body and able to 'tweak' things to make them work.

abingjones, i'm trying not to be envious i doubt if i'll ever see those numbers again, but it's great how well you're doing! you can vary a lb or 2 in just a days time. shrink is right (isn't she always ) don't sweat it!

shrink, our fearless leader who always leads by example. you always inspire me to do my best. thanks for keeping this message board going!

have a blessed week everyone!

poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post

Faith - good to see that you are getting some results! I find that I cannot follow many diets - like you, I have to adjust them to me. That is what I love about this forum. We can share the 'tweaks' that each of us have used as well as small things that make this journey successful . Best of luck this week.
          Agate - like your ideas of not calling anything "off-limits", but instead use moderation. I can work with that (I think ). ...
          Yes; nothing "off limits" has usually been my strategy too. Maybe that's why this diet didn't work for me.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 119 this week but I do believe I'll start losing now that my housing recertification process is almost over (the first phase of it) and I have almost no more appointments to go to all summer--just one for glasses, one more for PT, and one for hearing aids.

A letter from my primary care doctor yesterday did cause some stress because I've had to look around for another doctor, mainly from the 6 other doctors in that clinic who apparently are willing to take her cases now that she's moving out of the area.

If I allow myself only between 1000 and 1200 calories a day, as the day goes by and I'm counting the calories taken in, I make adjustments in my food intake so I come out right at the end of the day. Or that is what I should be doing. Lately I've just been eating a maintenance diet of about 1350 calories a day--I can't lose weight on that.

I can make a meal from a 90-calories veggie burger with a couple of servings of vegetables on the side, for a total of about 150 calories for dinner if I've already had too many nuts or too much peanut butter at lunch time.

That 150-calorie dinner is a lot less than some of the dinners I eat, which can total about 340 calories.

Many people think nothing of eating a dinner that is 500-600 calories or more but I'm not as active as they are and can't get away with that.

msgijo, I'm completely with you on the quantities sold in stores. The freezer compartment of my refrigerator is my friend, and luckily it's big enough to hold quite a lot. A loaf of bread can last a long time in the freezer, and it has to for me because I might eat one slice every few days for toast at breakfast.

Crackers and cereal can keep from getting stale if I'm really careful about how I seal them up. I write the date I opened the package on them and toss them out if they seem stale and a long time has passed. I have assorted clothespins and clips for closing up the bags.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
            X