Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/24/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/24/16

Hi Everyone. Happy Easter. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I hope the weather is conducive for egg rolling contests. Unfortunately for some of us Easter is also time when various sugar laden treats are plentiful. Many also have family dinners with favorite foods which may also be calorie laden. Keep in mind portion control as best you can.

I am pleased. The scale is down this week to 115.5. That means I lost half a pound. I hope I can lose another half this week.

Agate, I am so glad to hear you are better. Sorry about the osteopenia but am glad you are addressing it. I also have it probably from all the steroids I have taken over the years. I have been on Fosamax in the past but haven’t taken it for a few years. I had one drug that was every six months but I have forgotten the name of it. I don’t know what will be next after I see my gyne. Good luck with it all.

Mamabug, Good for you for staying the same especially since you have been showing steady losses of late. Good luck over the holiday. You are really fortunate to have two techies in your household. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, it is good that your gain was less than a pound. That was a good idea to freeze the cake in small portions. I wish you the best over the Holiday. .

Poohb3ar, I hope you are doing well and that you will drop in one of these days.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain. Don’t beat yourself up over it but rather just get back on track. We all have those ups along with the downs but just keep more of the downs coming. Best wishes.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. I do hope you are not still sick. Do let us know.

Wholenewworld, sorry to miss you this week and hope to hear from you soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Holiday time is usually fraught with sugar laden goodies. In the past some members have reported how much they love Cadbury Eggs. Of course at Easter there are also various kinds of sugar laden treats like jelly beans. The best thing to do to get back to normal is to get all of the goodies out of the house the day after the Holiday. Your waistline will thank you for it.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2 pounds by one member. Losses can be very gratifying. Losses are also proof positive that it can be done. Losses also mean a move toward health and beauty.

Total Gain:

2.6 pounds by two members. Congratulations for admitting the truth. It is easy in life to ignore what we don’t like rather than facing reality. Being honest about gaining is a sure sign of taking the process of losing seriously.

Stayed the same:

2 members . As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3828.6 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

HI! I AM ALIVE!

shrink, you're so sweet to mention me.
    my world has been a different crazy than usual. my dad, who lives in our basement, fell Jan 31 and broke his hip. since then it's been 2 wks at hospital. running back and forth.

it was all so wild that i don't even remember feb!?

he's home and we have PTs, OTs, RNs and probably some other letters coming in.

my weight is finally going down again. i hope it stays that way.
    lost 2.7 this week. not going to get too excited, this is the first week it has gone down, without a big jump of about 2 lbs in one day.

i'm eating cleaner and not near as much as usual.
    have any of you forgotten to eat? my DDs laughed at me! seriously, many days i'll be busy and realized it's after noon and i haven't had anything but coffee all day. the crazy thing my stomach isn't growling. i'm on new meds that say 'may cause loss of appetite' but i never dreamed that i'd forget to eat as much as i have been.
    i am taking supplements to make sure i'm getting all my nutrients in. drinking powdered 'green stuff' that has a BUNCH of veges in it. smoothies with protein, etc.

it's like i don't really care. since i cut extremely back on sugars, not even my favorite blizzard at my favorite seasonal ice cream place tasted very good. i feel fine. i am exercising a lot more lately.

doing weights (just dumb bells) to help with the osteopenia in my hips. we don't need another broken hip in this household!

anyway, i wanted to update you. i'll try to make it back next week. that'll help me being here!

take care and
    God bless ya'll!
    poohb3ar
    am able to do squats and a lot of new exercises.
    so maybe this weight loss will keep going down.
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Gained 1.8 lbs

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs
      01/28: 132.6 lbs
      02/25: 131.6 lbs

March weights:
      3/3: 131.2 lbs
      3/10: 130.8 lbs
      3/17: 130.8 lbs
      3/24: 132.6 lbs

Lost 2.0 lbs since 12/31.

Might just be a normal fluctuation. Have had some other high-ish days this week; my lowest day all week was 130.6 on Monday. Hopefully, I'll see a drop this coming week.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
        shrink, you're so sweet to mention me.
        my world has been a different crazy than usual. my dad, who lives in our basement, fell Jan 31 and broke his hip. since then it's been 2 wks at hospital. running back and forth.

it was all so wild that i don't even remember feb!?

he's home and we have PTs, OTs, RNs and probably some other letters coming in.

my weight is finally going down again. i hope it stays that way.
        lost 2.7 this week. not going to get too excited, this is the first week it has gone down, without a big jump of about 2 lbs in one day.

i'm eating cleaner and not near as much as usual.
        have any of you forgotten to eat? my DDs laughed at me! seriously, many days i'll be busy and realized it's after noon and i haven't had anything but coffee all day. the crazy thing my stomach isn't growling. i'm on new meds that say 'may cause loss of appetite' but i never dreamed that i'd forget to eat as much as i have been.
        i am taking supplements to make sure i'm getting all my nutrients in. drinking powdered 'green stuff' that has a BUNCH of veges in it. smoothies with protein, etc.

it's like i don't really care. since i cut extremely back on sugars, not even my favorite blizzard at my favorite seasonal ice cream place tasted very good. i feel fine. i am exercising a lot more lately.

doing weights (just dumb bells) to help with the osteopenia in my hips. we don't need another broken hip in this household!

anyway, i wanted to update you. i'll try to make it back next week. that'll help me being here!

take care and
        God bless ya'll!
        poohb3ar
        am able to do squats and a lot of new exercises.
        so maybe this weight loss will keep going down.
        Pooh, I am thrilled to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your grandfather's accident. It sounds like your life is really busy. It also sounds like you are doing quite well in the weight department. A loss over two and a half pounds is outstanding. Good for you. That is great that you are exercising. Take good care of yourself. Karen

Comment

3/17 141.5
          3/24 137.8

Loss of 3.7 pounds .

I have been doing a little work in the yards this past week, and the goodies are all gone (I took a lot of them out to the chickens ). No kids in the house so no Easter candy will be here to tempt me.
          Looking forward to loosing some more this week (I still have flowers to plant).

Good to see you again Pooh. DH and I played on the Wii a couple of days last week . I don't imagine that you have time right now to even think about playing, so I will play some for you this week.

Comment

same

02/18-157.5
            02/25-158.5
            03/03-158.5
            03/28-158.5

You guys are so good with you weight loss!
            I'm not sure how will do in the up coming weeks. I broke my ankle on Good Friday. I will see the orthopedist on Wednesday. I'm in a lot of pain. I'm in a boot and on crutches for the time being. I'm not allowed to put any weight on it. I broke my rt. ankle. It's too bad it was not my left. My right is my good leg. My left is my weak side. I'm hoping I can get a knee walker. I'm very unsteady on crutches. Anyway, keep up the good work!
            Be Blessed
            DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

HOLD TIGHT!!!

Originally posted by abidingjones View Post
              02/18-157.5
              02/25-158.5
              03/03-158.5
              03/28-158.5

You guys are so good with you weight loss!
              I'm not sure how will do in the up coming weeks. I broke my ankle on Good Friday. I will see the orthopedist on Wednesday. I'm in a lot of pain. I'm in a boot and on crutches for the time being. I'm not allowed to put any weight on it. I broke my rt. ankle. It's too bad it was not my left. My right is my good leg. My left is my weak side. I'm hoping I can get a knee walker. I'm very unsteady on crutches. Anyway, keep up the good work!
              that's what my grandgirl tells me when i'm upset or not feeling well. combo of 'hang tight' & 'hold on'? don't know.

hate to hear you broke your ankle. i know that's gotta be painful!
              i imagine they have rehab - physical therapy coming up for you later. that will get your exercise in.
              until then, if it doesn't hurt to move your arms you can still exercise and burn some calories.
              do arms circles, sitting rowing (arms straight out front, squeeze shoulder blades as you move arms - elbows behind your back.

if you're used to dumbells, do some shoulder up lifts or just curls. you'll glad you did when you start on those crutches!

main thing is to get better.
              just remember you're not burning as many calories, so gauge your food intake for less

hope that helps!

praying you're healed up soon!

God bless ya!
              poohb3ar
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
              X