Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/3/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/3/16

Hi Everyone. I am in a positive mood because Spring is on the way. The very thought uplifts my spirits even though we did not have a horrible winter. It is time to review one’s closet. Are there clothes that are too large or too small. If there are clothes that are a bit snug to absolutely too tight one should vow for them to fit in the not too distant future. Consider giving too large clothes to your worst enemy. LOL Review new fashions and dream about what it would be like fitting into one. Good luck to everyone.

I am elated. The scale is down this week to 116.5. That means I lost 2 whole pounds. I can’t believe it. I’ll try my best to lose at least half a pound this week.

Agate, you are unquestionably the most consistent person on the planet. You are also one of the few people who lost a considerable amount of weight and kept it off. You are a true inspiration.

Mamabug, what a good week! At that rate you will fit comfortably in your Spring clothes. Keep doing what you are doing.

Hsmaldo, so glad to see you back. I think that is great that you are seeing the nutritionist. I am pleased her suggestion to structure dessert eating is working. Your plans are very positive and I hope you are successful in following them. Good luck.

Poohb3ar, I hope you are doing well and that you will drop in one of these days.

Msgijo, very good loss. That is a challenge if you are eating more meals per day. I eat brunch and then dinner so just eat two meals. I honestly don’t have time to eat three. That can be a challenge to eat one more meal than you are used to. Think salad with low cal dressing or no dressing at all. You are so fortunate to have such a computer expert. Best wishes.

Abidingjones, sorry your Fitbit broke. I am totally unfamiliar with it but it sounds like it has been a real help to you. At least you know why you gained a pound. I am sure you will lose it after your Fitbit is repaired. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says: “ Beware of "fat-free" or "zero trans fats" foods as you could be trading fats for huge amounts of sugar or sodium.” This is one more reason why we should always read labels. As Dr. Oz states fewer fats do not necessarily translate into fewer calories.

Weight loss Results for 2-25-16:

Total Loss:

3.9 pounds lost by three members. Congratulations to all that lost. Our losses were more than our gains. That is great. You three are our inspirations for the week.

Total Gain:

1.5 pounds by two members. Consider this as the time before the next loss. You truly can be in the loss column next week. Admitting the truth is hard but it serves as a warning to self and others. It also is an indication that you are taking the process seriously.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3818.2 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

I STAYED THE SAME

02/18-157.5
    02/25-158.5
    03/03-158.5

I am glad I stayed the same and didn't gain. My Fitbit came in. I need to set it up and I can start using it.
    I'm very happy to see everyone is doing well!
    Be Blessed
    DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Progress!

Well, I stuck with my goal of only having dessert 2x this week. I had ice cream with my girls on Friday and Saturday and the rest of the time I have been having tea for my "treat." Except last night when I spilled it all over the counter and floor. But rather than eating something else, I just went to bed because I was DONE with the day. So done.

I also tried to cut back on my breakfast size portions and stayed away from the things that shall not be named so I don't cause other people to crave them. Lets just say that there have been goodies in the office that have been offered to me Friday, Monday, yesterday and today. And I went out to eat dinner on Tuesday AND Wednesday nights. But I stuck with smaller portions and boy it all sure paid off!

I am down from 219.1 last week to 213.9 this week. That's 5.2 lbs.

Yeah, I'm happy with that mainly because I didn't feel like I was being deprived of anything last week. I ate what I wanted when I was hungry (I had a very small piece of pizza for breakfast one day!) and didn't eat when I wasn't.

Now, to keep it up for the rest of the month!

Comment

Lost 0.4 lbs his week

Monthly weights:
        12/31: 134.6 lbs
        01/28: 132.6 lbs
        02/25: 131.6 lbs

March weights:
        3/3: 131.2 lbs

Lost 3.4 lbs since 12/31.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

First - CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who stayed the same or lost this week!

In between my DH's new eating idea, and the fact that he has had so many Dr. visits and started PT this week (our lunch has been eating out every day ) I have managed to GAIN 3.4 pounds . And that on top of the fact that I walked with him a couple of days ...

2/25 137.3
          3/4 140.7

I will be so glad when he goes back to work - I am pushing for May .

hsmaldo - I used your idea of freezing deserts this week. But with all that I have been eating I really have not been tempted to eat any of it. It seems good enough to know that I have something sweet at home if I want it.

Comment

Working...
          X