Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/25/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/25/16

Hi Everyone. I’m back. What an ordeal regarding my computer. As you can see it is up and running but I’m told I may have a virus. My son may have to have me swipe my computer and reinstall everything. That scares me to death. We have an interesting bit of history. Two weeks ago there were no gains and weight loss total was four pounds. We then reversed the process. See the latest below regarding 2/18.

Sadly I gained half a pound so now am up to 118.5. I always gain when I have company so should be glad it wasn’t worse. I’ll try my best to recover this week.

Agate, you should win a prize for consistency. I don’t know anyone else who can go week after week without gaining. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but we both know you can get rid of that weight in no time. I trust your strategy will work as it has in the past. Keep up your motivation.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. Do let us know.

Poohb3ar, I hope you are doing well and that you will drop in one of these days.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but it is not surprising with focus needing to be on your husband’s recovery. I am so pleased to hear that he is doing well. Keep the faith.

Abidingjones, I’m so sorry to hear about your son’s current problem. I pray that his current symptoms will soon be under control. Of course you are going to be stressed out and it is not surprising that you would reach for crackers. That was a good move to switch to water. I wish you and your son the very best.

I-Bo, drop in again anytime.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

I ran across these measures and believe they can be helpful especially when in restaurants.

1 thumb tip = 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, butter, or sugar
    1 finger = 1 oz. of cheese
    1 fist = 1 cup cereal, pasta, or vegetables
    1 handful = 1 oz. of nuts or pretzels
    1 palm = 3 oz. of meat, fish, or poultry

Weight loss Results for 2-18-16:

0 pounds lost. This is not our shining hour. Now is the time to pump up the motivation switch so that the scale will once again go down. We are all in this together.
    It should be noted that the previous week (unreported) four members lost four pounds. No gains were reported. That was a great week.

Total Gain:

3.2 pounds by three members. We are in this together. But we will do better. Admitting the truth is hard but it serves as a warning to self and others. It also is an indication that you are taking the process seriously.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3814.3 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Sorry I was MIA...I just couldn't face posting my weight last week.

As it is, this week I am still up 2.9 from the last time I posted to 219.1. This is lower than last week's though, so there's that at least.

Hubby and I went to the nutritionist last night again. I made it for 28 days with NO COFFEE. I swapped it out for tea with 1 T of creamer though. As a result however, I was hungrier for breakfast and between that and too much dessert, I ended up taking in more calories.

She gave us some strategies for keeping dessert from having such a hold over us. Correct portion sizes being the biggest deal. When we make a dessert, freezing it in portioned out sizes and then when we REALLY want it, having that. This is a huge one because Hubby will want to make brownies or have me make an apple pie, but then because it's just THERE for so many days, we end up not just splurging on it once, but all week. So getting him to agree to freezing it so it's not a position of "eat it all or have it go bad" is pretty huge.

I portioned out the apple pie last night and froze it. He had a MUCH smaller piece than usual and I skipped it altogether and had a decaf tea with my creamer.

We go back to the nutritionist in 5 weeks, so I'm going to commit to smaller portion sizes and tea for dessert 5 out of 7 days a week. Just for those 5 weeks. I figure if I gave up my coffee--I can do just about ANYTHING!!! LOL!

Comment

Lost 1.8 lbs this week

Monthly weights:
      12/31: 134.6 lbs
      01/28: 132.6 lbs
      02/25: 131.6 lbs

February weights:
      02/04: 132.2 lbs
      02/11: 131.8 lbs
      02/18: 133.4 lbs
      02/25: 131.6 lbs

Lost 3.0 lbs since 12/31.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

2/19 138.9
        2/25 137.3

Lost 1.6 pounds .

Now for the ?bad? news. DH is doing so well that he has decided that in an effort to improve our health we should eat at regular times each day. No real problem with that. But he is insisting on breakfast every morning - at least he is cooking it .
        After eating breakfast I am generally not hungry again until late in the afternoon, but that throws his plan off - and as an insulin dependent diabetic he needs to eat lunch also. (yeah I suppose that it is recommended for me too, but I normally skip lunch) So here's hoping that I can remember to 'nibble' at lunch and to cut back some at supper.

hsmaldo , I can not imagine going without coffee . But I totally like the idea of portioning desserts and freezing them .

Faith, looking at your weights since the first of the year reminds me of mine - gain / loss / gain / loss... If we can figure out how to keep the gain weeks at bay we might can lose some serious weight .

Karen, its good to see you are back. Sorry to hear about your gain, but things will get back to normal now and you will loose it again soon.
        I hear you about 'wiping' your computer. When my tech guy comes out I just tell him my problem and leave the room . It helps that he picked out my computer, set it up and that he knows what I want it to do. He is a good friend of ours (my husband and I sometime refer to him as my "other husband") and so even though I trust him that doesn't mean that I want to watch him or even to know what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
          Faith, looking at your weights since the first of the year reminds me of mine - gain / loss / gain / loss... If we can figure out how to keep the gain weeks at bay we might can lose some serious weight .

Your weight loss for this week was good. And, I'm OK with mine. It's slow, and, one week it went backwards. But, it's mostly steady and consistent, and, since I don't have a lot to lose, I'm OK if it takes 6 - 12 months to come off, as long as it usually goes in the right direction.

I'm actually fairly happy and surprised that, although I've only tracked calories occasionally, I am making some headway. I thought I might have to do that daily for a long time, but I'm mostly getting by with estimating. I'm not sure why that's working for me now. I tried to do that, unsuccessfully, for the past year or two. But, I won't complain about success, even if it's slow.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

gained a pound

02/18-157.5
            02/18-158.5

My Fitbit broke So, I have not been walking at all Fitbit has great customer service and will be replacing my tracker!
            I should be able to move down the scale again vs moving up.
            Be Blessed
            DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by abidingjones View Post
              02/18-157.52/18-158.5

My Fitbit broke So, I have not been walking at all
              They ARE kinda addictive aren't they? I love the sleep monitor on mine, and use it more than the step counter, but am often surprised at how much I walk on my daily tasks . The week DH was in the hospital I exceeded my 'step goal' every day.
              I have also noticed that when I exceed goal that I tend to get more 'deep sleep' too .

Comment

Still at 116.

No Fitbit but I have a pedometer I wear every day, at least every day when I have a belt loop to hook it onto, and that's most days.

My step total per day is bad, only about 1,000 steps a day on average but I hope it will improve with better weather.

Two trees that I can see outside my window have just started to bloom--one white, one pink. I also saw a robin.I have hopes for better weather soon.
                MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Trying to motivate myself to go to Curves today.

I hate exercise. For a lot of years, I did nothing. Some years, I'd do something for a few weeks or a few months, and then quit. Used to be walking, but, I don't do a lot of that anymore, due to reduced stamina because of my MS.

I did join Curves 2 or 3 years ago, and, although I don't go as often as I'd like to, I'm generally there once or twice a week. It's the longest I've stuck with any exercise, ever. I guess it dislike it less than I dislike other exercise.

Oh well. I'm hoping that posting that I "might" go, will motivate me to get myself off the computer chair. Ya know -- the whole accountability thing.
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Faith, I think you've done an amazing job at one of the most difficult tasks--losing weight.

It's an uphill battle and the rewards are slow in coming sometimes.

Please remember me to Merna if you're still in touch with her. I always felt sad about having to quit SparkPeople but I couldn't get it work with my cranky computer.
                    MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Sure; I'll pass it on, Agate, and let you know her response.

BTW everhyone -- I didn't make it to Curves. Went out for lunch, and my housekeeper arrives, soon, this afternoon, so I guess it won't get done today. I'll try to go tomorrow instead.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                        Trying to motivate myself to go to Curves today.

I hate exercise. For a lot of years, I did nothing. Used to be walking, but, I don't do a lot of that anymore, due to reduced stamina because of my MS. ]
                        Me too - I hate exercise. Spent all of my life honing "efficiency" and exercise just isn't efficient!

I thought about joining someplace, but knew that I wouldn't go, so thankfully I didn't waste my money on intentions. Except that I kinda did. Since I knew that going anywhere was not going to work for me I decided to get smart about this and just buy some exercise equipment to have at home. That way I could work out whenever I felt like it and didn't have to drive there and back home. Perfect solution huh? Except that after I bought all that stuff (and read the instruction manuals) I still wasn't loosing any weight. I started complaining to some co-workers about it and one of them asked me how often I worked out on the equipment.

WHAT ??? I am suppose to actually use the stuff? Like every day? ( hey it sounded good at the time)

I sold the stuff to a lady my husband works with and even shared this story with her. He ran into her last week and noted that she had gained even more weight. Not being the tactful sort he said to her that it looked like she had the same plan that I did - that just owning the stuff would cause the weight to drop off ....

Hey, he has lost some weight - like 7 pounds. Can I count that as my loss? I mean, since we are married, and ... Oh well I guess that I will just have to start walking with him . But it IS NOT very EFFICENT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

BTW everhyone -- I didn't make it to Curves. Went out for lunch, and my housekeeper arrives, soon, this afternoon, so I guess it won't get done today. I'll try to go tomorrow instead.
                          I did go yesterday.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                          X