Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/18/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/18/16

hi all. computer is out of commission. i can only leave a brief mission here. i gained half a pound. post results as usual . karen

Gained 1.6 lbs

Monthly weights:
    12/31: 134.6 lbs
    01/28: 132.6 lbs

February weights:
    02/04: 132.2 lbs
    02/11: 131.8 lbs
    02/18: 133.4 lbs

Lost 1.2 lbs since 12/31.

The gain doesn't surprise me. I've continued to remain careful about dietary choices. However, I usually "stalled" for one or two weeks out of every month, and I hadn't had a "stall" yet. Also, I'm at about the 6-week mark since the beginning of this weight loss, and that tends to be a time for a plateau.

My strategy, this week, will be to eat somewhat more, because "changing things up" seems to bring me out of a plateau. So, next week might not show a loss yet either, but, perhaps, the following week will.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 1 lb.

01/25-157.5
      02/09-156.5
      02/18-157.5

I suspected I had gained. I have not been able to workout. As usual, my son is having seizures which prohibits me from leaving the house. I tend to eat my stress too. Now that I'm aware, I catch myself eating, and I stop myself. Today I started munching on crackers after my son had a seizure. When I realized what I was doing, I put the box of crackers away and grabbed a bottle of water.
      I've been extra tired from lack of sleep. Austin, my son, has been having early sunrise seizures. Those usually start around 5 a.m. Last night I was up until one a.m. with him having seizures.
      Some days it's hard to have a positive attitude. I keep reminding myself how fearfully and wonderfully he is made. Soon enough he will be over this cluster of seizures, and once again having good days. He is a blessing to our family and brings a lot of joy. He always has a good attitude. I need to be more like my son.
      Be Blessed
      DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Gained

At least I find myself in good company ...

Sorry to hear of your son's problems abidingjones. Hopefully he will be over this period of seizures soon and you can get back into your routine. It is a good thing that you are aware of the causes of your gain - stress eating and lack of exercise. Maybe placing fresh fruit on the counter will give you a healthier target to munch on?

Faith, sorry to hear of your gain too, but again it is great that you are aware of the way that your body operates. Maybe I will end up breaking down and documenting everything the way you do one day (but I am so lazy ... ).

Karen, I miss your encouraging words, and the tips you always give us. Hope that the computer crisis is resolved soon. And sorry to hear of your gain also, but I am sure that you will reverse that by next week .

I have no excuse for it but I gained back the 1.1 pounds that I lost last week. Not eating out. Maybe just eating more because I am cooking more often for DH? BTW he is doing great, but at best he still has a couple of months of rehab before returning to work.

2/12 137.8
        2/19 138.9

Guess it's time to start thinking about spring / summer. I saw my first jonquil blooming this week (my fav flower). If I can find the time / energy maybe yard work will help me loose some weight. Or there is always 'spring cleaning' to do.

Good luck to us all this coming week

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post

Faith, sorry to hear of your gain too, but again it is great that you are aware of the way that your body operates. Maybe I will end up breaking down and documenting everything the way you do one day (but I am so lazy ... )...
          MSGiJo --

I used to document everything 4 or 5 years ago; I did it for a whole year, and successfully lost 60 lbs. But, this time around, I'm trying to lose the 15 lbs I gained back. I started, the first week or less, documenting everything again, but I haven't kept it up, because, until this week, I was able to lose some weight. Slowly, but, at least consistently.

If I don't start losing again within the next week, I'll go back to that, at least until I get myself back on the right track.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Karen, that's too bad about the computer problem. I hope it can be fixed easily.

I'm still at 116.

As for documenting everything, many months ago I started a graph of my weight, and after a while I neglected it. It just sat there unnoticed for months. I knew it would show no change over those months, and so why bother?

But the other day I glanced at it--and noticed that when I started it I weighed 119, and it was encouraging to see that dip in the line of the graph. I just might start in on that graph again.

abidingjones, you mentioned being tired due to lack of sleep. Recently I read somewhere that not getting enough sleep contributes to weight gain. I'm not sure why that happens. But I hope you can find a way to catch up on your sleep.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
            X