Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/2i8/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/2i8/16

Hi Everyone. I’m in such a state. I downloaded Windows 10 and all kinds of things have changed and I am having difficulty doing routine tasks. My neighbor who is more computer savvy than I said downloading 10 was a bad idea, I thought it would be all right because directions said files would not change. That is more or less true but things are still really confusing.

I hope everyone read at the last post that we have passed another landmark. Total weightloss since the beginning of this blog shows that we have less than 200 pounds to go to reach the 2 ton loss mark. We thus have lost more than 1,800 collective pounds! Let’s work toward the last almost 200 pounds to reach 2000 pounds. We can do it! You are all a part of this amazing statistic. Keep up the good work.

Hooray, I lost one and a half pounds so now weigh 119 pounds. I am thrilled beyond words. I now have four more pounds to discard before reaching my goal weight.

Agate, once again, you are commended for not gaining. Not wanting to buy a whole new wardrobe is a good motivator not to gain. My scale does not show all the ounces just to the nearest half pound. At least you do not have to obsess about every tenth of a pound or some other small fraction. Good luck with your final goal.

Mamabug, you know that staying the same is a positive thing. I hear you regarding less than optimal motivation. I found myself there for a few weeks and it was very discouraging. I hope your enthusiasm returns soon.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well. Keep us posted

Poohb3ar, I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season and that all is well.

Msgijo, that is a very good loss. You are definitely on the right track. Thank you for your comment regarding my stagnation. It helped move me forward. Keep up the good work.

Abidingjones, you are missed. I hope everything is O.K. Do let us know.

I-Bo, drop in again anytime.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Per Dr. Fingerhood: Having a snack.
    This is a tricky one. Most nutritionists recommend a mid-morning snack if it's going to be more than four hours between breakfast and lunch. But often, people misjudge the size of their snack and create another actual meal. A 1-ounce serving of almonds is not the same as a 2-ounce serving. Remember, a snack is a mini-meal, and it ought to be less than 200 calories. Plus, it should contain protein, healthy fat or both, or you will most likely be hungry one hour later. In other words, don't just grab a piece of Having a snack.

Weight loss Results for 1/21/16:

Total Loss

3.8 pounds by two members. Good going. Every pound loss besides putting one nearer the final goal also acts as a motivation to others. You are that much closer to reaching your goal and wearing your desirable size clothes.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. I hope no one is avoiding the truth. Admitting the truth is hard but it serves as a warning to others. It also is an indication that you are taking the process seriously.

Stayed the same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3805.4 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 200 pounds to reach two tons. That is fantastic.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Windows 10. Most people I've talked with really don't like it! We have it on our laptop at home and it's really limiting what I do on the computer anymore because it's such a PITA!!!

I was hiding out last week, but that didn't do much to help with weight gain/loss. I'm going to face the music and say that I'm up .9 lbs from 217.7 to 218.6.

Hubby and I went to our nutritionist last night and it was amazing just how open he was to hearing the things that *I've* been telling him again and again from her instead of me! LOL!

So we are going to make some small changes--him especially in his lunches, me with my coffee. I'm going to try to switch to green tea for a month and see how things go. I still did stop and get a coffee today, but I got a smaller size than I usually do and I think I'll set it aside and make some green tea now.

Hubby and I were talking last night about how losing weight is SO psychological. We become attached to our routines and foods to bring control and comfort into our environments. Changing habits especially for those like us are dealing with chronic illness is, I think, an even more difficult thing. I think we are more hesitant to try "new" things or habits because the "old" habit or way of doing things "works" for us, in that it doesn't cause discomfort, pain, etc. It's a very individualized process and what "works" for one, may not work for another because of those reasons.

But I do believe that in the end, it's worth getting out my comfort zone to increase my overall health.

Comment

Lost 0.6 lbs

January weights:
      01/28: 132.6 lbs
      01/21: 133.2 lbs
      01/14: 133.2 lbs,
      B 40"; W 38.5", H 37"
      01/07: 134.8 lbs

Lost 2.2 lbs in January.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 0.5

01/03-160
        01/09/-162
        01/18-158
        01/25-157.5

Sorry, I forgot to post. I lost track of my days. I think I would have lost more weight, but I had a stressful time. My son had seizures, we had some cold days, and I skipped exercising(to care for my son). I made stew one day. The stew tasted delicious, and I could not get enough. I overate and felt sick and bloated. I believe I ate because of all the stress I was feeling. The cold, dreary days kept me in the house. Not being able to get out and walk, which is a stress reliever for me, didn't help. I'm not going to allow it to derail me. I will push through the tough times. I have to reach my goal.
        Be Blessed
        DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

I'm still at 116 but that's OK--as long as I'm not gaining. Congratulations to everyone who has been losing!
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X