Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/29/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 10/29/15

Hi Everyone. Halloween is almost upon us. Remember to get rid of all those leftover treats promptly. Your waistline will thank you. I haven’t gotten any treats yet and plan to do so on Friday. For several years we haven’t gotten many trick or treaters at all. I miss all of the happy faces of those goolies and ghosties. We are off the beaten path so many don’t come down our street. I have fond memories of my own trick or treating days as well as those of my children. In those days no one would think of going out before dark. How times have changed.

I’m a little disappointed because I gained half a pound.. I thus weigh 115 and will try to lose half a pound this week I may be overly optimistic though with my son coming for my birthday and I know we will eat out more than once.

Agate, so glad to see you back. My goodness but you have had a busy schedule. Sorry about the problem with your leg. I hope you can find relief. You are right difficult times often result in reaching for all kinds of no nos. You should be proud that in spite of it all you did not gain. I continue to marvel at your ability to maintain a stable weight. You are so right about MS and the repercussion of weight gain. Best wishes.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but it is not unexpected when on vacation. I hope you had a great time. I am sure you will see the scale go the other way soon. Hang tough..

Hsmaldo, that’s a good loss especially under the circumstances. You really handled that buffet well. Good luck with your retreat. I hope it was a fulfilling experience. Walks along the beach are an excellent idea. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, it was great to hear from you recently. I do hope all is well.

Portia, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope we hear from you soon.

Msgijo, that’s great that you lost. You continue to maintain a stable pattern. I am pulling for you to show a loss again this week. I know we have entered a challenging time with Halloween kick starting the Holiday season. Keep going in the right direction.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you. I hope everything is O.K.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Enjoy Halloween and all the happy faces that come to your door. Look back at happy times of your youth when going trick or treating was a real event. Think of your children’s happy days and the excitement of deciding what would be a cool costume. Halloween is my birthday and sometimes I would have Halloween/Birthday parties. What fun” It is truly a time for celebration. And a little cinnamon spiced cider never hurt anyone. Blessings to all.

Weight loss Results for 10-22-15:

Total Loss:

2.7 pounds by three members. Very good.! This time of year losses are more important than ever. This was more proof that it can be done. We will do it again!

Total Gain:

? pounds by one member. Reporting gains is important. You are taking the process of losing weight seriously. Also, reporting gains serves as a warning to self and others.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3770.1 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 250 pounds to reach two tons. That is truly awesome.

Gained

Sorry Karen - you were off this time. Gain of 2 pounds .

10/22/15 134.5
    10/30/15 136.5

It is a good thing that I am not stressing about loosing weight - I would be a wreck about now .
    I would like to see 129, but that is just because somebody decided that is the "ideal" weight for me . My body seems to like 135 +/- 3 pounds. And it isn't much trouble to stay here ...

Comment

Gained 2.4 lbs

10/29: 134.8 lbs
      10/8: 132.4 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 116 but not complaining too much. I do dip into the mixed nuts and eat the occasional extra cookie or two, and those habits are a problem.

Did everyone stay away from Hallowe'en candy?
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
        X