Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/24/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/24/15

Hi Everyone. Can you believe we have passed the Autumn Solstice. Time does go faster the older one gets. It is not too soon to start planning for the Holidays. Halloween is on the horizon signaling the time to prepare for all of the Holiday festivities. This can be a challenging time for some of us. The old cliché forewarned is forearmed comes to mind. Now is the time to strictly adhere to weight loss goals so that when Holidays are over we don’t feel disappointed or perhaps even ashamed. We are all in this together and I know we can succeed.

I’m sorry to say I gained a pound putting me a pound over my goal weight. I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, once again I am amazed at your ability to stay the same. I predict that you are one who will go through the Holidays unscathed. Best of luck.

Mamabug, Good luck with your plan. It is good that you aren’t thrown by small gains during the process. Keep on truckin’

Hsmaldo, sorry about your gain but the good news is that you are aware of the problem. It might be worthwhile to look up low cal desserts on the internet. I am sure they are there. Also try to cut back a bit on everything especially excess carbs. I am in awe of you walking four miles. That is terrific. I hope you feel better soon. Be well.

Poohb3ar, I hope all is well with you. I hope you drop by before long.

Portia, Sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is O.K. Please let us know.

Msgijo, sorry we did not hear from you this week but know we are pulling for you.

Abidingjones, good for you for losing especially since you are under the weather. Happy birthday to your dear grandbaby. I am sure you will miss your precious visitors a lot but at least you have wonderful memories. Blessings.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Do your grocery shopping with a list and a time limit; that way, you're less likely to stray into the processed foods section.” It is truly worthwhile to keep unhealthy calorie laden foods out of your shopping cart. Out of sight is out of mind as the saying goes.

Weight loss Results for 9-17-15:

Total Loss:

1.5 pounds by two members. As I always say, seeing losses is very inspirational and a sign it can be done. Keep up the momentum and you will attain your goal.

Total Gain:

3.6 pounds by two members. Congratulations for posting, a most worthwhile feat. It is a sign that the process of losing weight is being taken seriously. Also, reporting gains serves as a warning to others.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3747.1 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 275 pounds to reach two tons. That is truly awesome.

I'm down 1 lb from last week--from 214.6 to 213.6 this morning. It's good to see the scale stop its upward climb and start coming back down.

I haven't been consistent in my walking, but I am walking at least 1-2x/week. I start physical therapy tomorrow--I'm less than thrilled, but am going to try to keep up with the stretches and exercises they want me to do.

Overall, I just feel so overwhelmed and tired. The girls back in school, the hubby is coaching, so it makes for a VERY long day for him, so most things just fall to me. Making lunches, making sure homework is done, making sure everyone is fed. It's exhausting!!! And by the time I'm done with all that, all my good intentions of stretching, doing exercises, etc. have flown out the window!! I know I'll get back into the routine of things, but it's been a rough start!!!

Comment

Hello all. I'm at 158.2 this week, down a whole 0.2 from two weeks ago. With the weather cooling down, I should be able to start walking again. Been lazy about PT and my workout video. I need someone to crack the whip. Maybe I'll leave notes all over my house?
      Portia

Comment

wow! almost 3 tons!!! that's terrific!

i'm exercising and watching what I eat (mostly). still struggling to get and stay in the 150's.
        dr added 2 new meds, upped one from 5 mg to 25 mg (of course, weight gain is one of its side effects!!!)

still fighting migraines (they've been weekly for 4 mos. or more) and fatigue.
        good thing about migraine, this last one lasted sun & mon. tues i'd lost 1.5 lbs! stomach too upset from meds to eat. oh well!

thanks for thinking of me!
        I miss all of ya'll! love to read how ya'll are doing.

keep up the good work!

i'll be back when I'm not battling so much.

take care & God bless ya!!
        poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Stayed the same--116. I'm trying harder now and hoping to drop about 8 pounds before long.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Lost 0.6 lbs

9/24: 131.6 lbs
            9/17: 132.2 lbs

Finally going the right direction; now, I'm hoping my weight loss will continue, even if at a slow rate. Goal: To return to 121 or 122 lbs. Would be nice if I could get there by Thanksgiving, but, that might not be realistic for me.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

hang in there!!!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              9/24: 131.6 lbs
              9/17: 132.2 lbs

Finally going the right direction; now, I'm hoping my weight loss will continue, even if at a slow rate. Goal: To return to 121 or 122 lbs. Would be nice if I could get there by Thanksgiving, but, that might not be realistic for me.
              Hi MamaB! sorry to hear you've put some back on, but if anyone can lose it again- it's you!!!
              you're my example of what is possible to do even with MS!
              i'm fully confident that you'll be back slim again. don't forget though, grandmas have to have soft laps to cuddle in!

take care & God bless ya!
              poohb3ar
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
                Hi MamaB! sorry to hear you've put some back on, but if anyone can lose it again- it's you!!!
                you're my example of what is possible to do even with MS!
                i'm fully confident that you'll be back slim again. don't forget though, grandmas have to have soft laps to cuddle in!

take care & God bless ya!
                poohb3ar
                Thanks, Pooh. The weight came back on in 2014. 7 lbs with steroids in July and 7 more with steroids in December. It put me up to about 137. I lost a few in early summer, but then stagnated. I think I was just eating too skimpy for awhile, and messed up my metabolism.

So, the past few weeks, I've been intentionally increasing my calories, and have gained some more pounds back, but I kind of think I needed to do that to get out of my rut. Changing things up, you know.

This week, I'm finally down just a little again, and I hope to go back to a similar diet to the one I used in 2010 - 2011 and take the remainder off. I expect them to come off more slowly this time, since that was pre-menopause and this is post. And, I don't want to document calories daily, like I did then. But, I've realized that I need to do that once in awhile, to stay on track -- both to keep me from eating too much sometimes, and too little other times.

I don't ever want to be obese again, so it's time to lose it now, while it might still be manageable, and not allow my weight to continue to increase. Even if it's because of steroids, I still need to lose it, just like anyone else who gains for other reasons.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Welcome Back

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
                  wow! almost 3 tons!!! that's terrific!

i'm exercising and watching what I eat (mostly). still struggling to get and stay in the 150's.
                  dr added 2 new meds, upped one from 5 mg to 25 mg (of course, weight gain is one of its side effects!!!)

still fighting migraines (they've been weekly for 4 mos. or more) and fatigue.
                  good thing about migraine, this last one lasted sun & mon. tues i'd lost 1.5 lbs! stomach too upset from meds to eat. oh well!

thanks for thinking of me!
                  I miss all of ya'll! love to read how ya'll are doing.

keep up the good work!

i'll be back when I'm not battling so much.

take care & God bless ya!!
                  poohb3ar
                  Pooh, it is so good to hear from you. I'm sorry your new med causes weight gain but I know you can handle it. It sounds like you are staying pretty much steady. That's not at all bad. Migraines are a heck of a way to lose weight! That is great that you are exercising. I look forward to hearing from you. Many blessings, Karen

Comment

gained 2 lbs.

9/24: 159
                    9/17: 157

It's been a difficult this week. My son has been having seizures non-stop . I have been trying to get more of his rescue medication, but the insurance needed a prior authorization. His neurologist will not give approval for it because he is no longer in-network with Medicaid (my son is on a Medicaid waiver program, and we have Cigna too). Medicaid has never asked for prior authorization before, so not sure why they are doing it now. I can't buy the medication. The copay is too high for that one.
                    The staff at the neurologist's office recommended we find an adult neurologist for Austin (my son). That's a difficult thing to do. We have been with his neuro since he was two years old. It's very frustrating. What's more frustrating is watching my son battle seizures and not being able to help him. I hate when he is in Status (status epilelpticus). I have not been able to get my son to eat or drink while he has been seizing, so I've made up for it. I never realized, I'm a stress eater...I better watch this in the future.
                    My goal this week is to find Austin an adult neurologist, get more rescue medication, get his seizures under control, relax, try to lose the 2 pounds I gained.
                    Be Blessed
                    DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Working...
                    X