Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/10/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/10/15

Hi Everyone. I hope you will all read the following. I opened my monthly credit card bill and there was a $3000 charge for money withdrawn in Florida. I did not withdraw any money nor have I been to Florida. My neighbor quickly called my credit card company for me and had it erased. I have since learned that the most common way credit cards are swiped which is what happened is in restaurants where the credit card is inserted into a folder and taken to be paid by the server. I had indeed had such an experience that month. Also my credit limit had been raised unbeknownst to me. Obviously this can happen to anyone but I now feel at a disadvantage because it is an extra effort to pay the bill myself. However from now on I will make the effort or to have a companion take my credit card to the counter to be paid. I have to confess I felt especially a victim because of my disability.

Will wonders never cease. Actually I cut portions all week and it paid off. I lost 1.5 pounds so now weigh 115.5. I will try to lose another half pound this week.

Agate, congratulations for continuing to maintain. I am amazed that you are able to stay the same week after week. I am constantly going up or down a pound or two. Do keep up the good work.

Mamabug, that tiny gain is really insignificant. I am eager to hear how your latest plan works. I truly wish you the best with that endeavor.

Hsmaldo, good to see you back. Hopefully going back to work will help you maintain a routine that will help you see that scale go down. I have every confidence that you can do it. Very best wishes.

Poohb3ar, I hope all is well with you. I hope you drop by before long.

Portia, I am truly concerned that we haven’t heard from you for a couple of weeks. I do hope everything is going well.

Msgijo, sorry we did not hear from you this week but know we are pulling for you.

Abidingjones, it is so good to hear from you this week. So sorry to hear about your cold. It is not surprising to gain while away from home. I have every confidence you will reverse that process now that you are back home. Best of luck.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz suggests fresh herbs can really zing up a healthy meal. Try growing some in the kitchen using a strawberry pot. Preserve the flavor by adding fresh herbs at the end of the cooking process. Fast food is salty food. If you cut back on the salt, in a few weeks you'll be able to better taste the natural salts in food and may not crave the junk as much as you used to.

Weight loss Results for 9-3-15:

Total Loss:

0 pounds. We can only go up or should I say down from here. It is time to reverse the process and once again forge ahead to gain health and beauty. We have been in a slump before but have rallied and gone forward toward out goals. We can do it again.

Total Gain:

4.7 pounds by four members. Good for all who posted gains. Posting gains is truly worthwhile. It is a sign that the process of losing weight is being taken seriously. Also, reporting gains serves as a warning to others.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3743.7 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 275 pounds to reach two tons. That is truly awesome.

It's good to be back on more of a routine--though I do miss sitting out on the porch swing for hours each morning with my coffee with either my bible or family--I have maintained that part of my day by cutting it down to only 15-20 min. It's a nice quiet and peaceful time in the midst of the morning rush!

I'm down from 212 to 211.6. It's only .4 lbs, but it's in the right direction and I'm happy about that. Desserts are still my downfall and after a long day, it kind of feels like my "reward" for making it through.

I have started back up some massage and relaxation techniques before bed instead of wasting time on my cell phone and I'm enjoying that. Maybe I can use that as my "reward" instead of the ice cream!!!

I went on a walk at lunch with my coworker. We didn't try for the full loop which is 3.9 miles, but did get a good 2.6 miles in. I'm feeling pretty good today, but it's raining out and so we may not be able to get a walk in. But just having gotten out there again feels good! Hopefully I'll be able to give a good report next week!

Comment

I'm starting to get over this cold and I'm feeling better. I'm glad for that because I've forgotten some important things while I've been sick. I need to get back to myself. I have a lot to juggle.

This week I'm at 157.5. My husband purchased my son and I gym memberships (3 month groupon deal) so, I surprised myself. I still have muscle memory! This was very encouraging.

Goal: Get back into walking, go to the gym 3 times next week, hope to lose a half pound or maintain.
      Be Blessed
      DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Sorry I haven't checked in, and thank you bunches for the concern.

My life has been busy, some good, some bad. I just haven't been on the computer much. Sometimes I use my phone to get online, but not much. My daughter moved out a couple of weeks ago, so now both my girls are out of the house and I've got an empty nest. One girl is 15 minutes to the east, and the other is 20 minutes to the west.

I saw my neuro on the 27th to discuss the meds I take and try to resolve some issues that I've been having. Disappointed in the visit, because he wasn't prepared and then he even rushed me. I had sent information on the medications I use now including the current dosage for all of them. I detailed how I've adjusted my Baclofen and Gabapentin dosing, and how I only take the Diazepam occasionally. I described the two problems I've been having.

It was a very good write-up that he had days before the visit, and what does he do at the very beginning of the appointment but ask me to tell him what dosages of my meds I'm currently taking. I asked him if he read what I sent, and he tried to play it off like he had. I didn't tell him just what I thought like I wanted to, but I'm going to write a letter and have it ready the next time I see him. If he doesn't treat me better and also ask how the changes in the meds are working, I'll give him the letter and probably request they remove that visit from my bill. I drive 3 1/2 hours to see him, and appointments are 30 minutes. He ought to be focused on me and prepared. There are other doctors.

The rest of that day was grand, though. I went to my very first baseball game! The Kansas City Royals and the Baltimore Orioles. My husband, one of his employees, my husband's boss, and I all stood in the rain (under umbrellas and our SUV's hatch) drinking beer and eating pepperoni, cheese, and crackers during an hour and a half rain delay before the game. We got soaked despite what cover we had, but it was fun. I love hanging out with a bunch of men, haha. Got a bit of a buzz on and then had great seats for the game, which we won. That made up for the bad appointment.

I'm up one pound to 158.4 from the last time I posted wayyyy back on August 13. I blame the pound on the baseball game. Oh yeah, I had to have a chili cheese dog. It was a baseball game after all.

Well wishes to all. I hope everyone is doing fine.
        Portia

Comment

Working...
        X