Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/3/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 9/3/15

Hi Everyone. Can you believe we are already into September? That can be a boon. As the weather gets cooler it will be easier to go outside to exercise. I know some have expressed the desire to do so but have been thwarted because of the summer heat. Further good news is that fresh fruit and veggies are still readily available both home grown and store bought I have been reaping the benefits from my most helpful neighbor planting tomatoes and peppers in my yard. Yum. I also have grapes growing which I will enjoy. It is important to count our blessings.

I blew it this week gaining a whole pound. I this weigh 117 and am really bummed out about it. I will try my best to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope every is going well.

Mamabug, good for you for maintaining. Your new plan sounds interesting and may yeild good results. We would all benefit from hearing of your journey with this new plan. Sometimes folks feel stuck in a rut which most of us know all about. Best of luck.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you. I do hope you are well and that we will see you soon.

Poohb3ar, I hope all is well with you. I hope you drop by before long.

Portia, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is O.K.

Msgijo, It is so good to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your medical problem. That is great that you lost two pounds. Thank you for replying to Abidingjones. I hope your dental issues are quickly resolved. Be well.

Abidingjones, welcome. I hope we see you on a regular basis. I start each week Thursday. Just weigh on the same day, one of your choosing, each week, and post how much you lost, gained or if you stayed the same. I hope we see you the week beginning on 9/3/15.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Think of the rewards of weight loss.

Just cutting down or eliminating forbidden foods you overeat isn't enough. To break pleasurable food associations, create rewards.

Maybe it's a picture of your slim self on the refrigerator, the boost of energy you get from daily walks or the delight of wearing new flattering clothes.

Weight loss Results for 8-27-15:

Total Loss:

2 pounds lost by one member. That is great that we see a loss to bolster our spirits. To all, the coming week is a chance to see the scale go down. I know we can do it!.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. Posting gains is truly worthwhile. It is a sign that the process of losing weight is being taken seriously. I hope people aren’t avoiding reporting because of gains. Reporting gains serves as a warning to others.

Stayed the same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3743.7 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 275 pounds to reach two tons. That is truly awesome.

Gained 0.2 lbs

9/3: 131.6 lbs
    8/27: 131.4 lbs

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
    Mamabug, good for you for maintaining. Your new plan sounds interesting and may yeild good results. We would all benefit from hearing of your journey with this new plan. Sometimes folks feel stuck in a rut which most of us know all about. Best of luck...
    The specifics of the Reverse Dieting plan and staying on track with all of their macronutrients just seemed like it was going to be too cumbersome to follow. But, I learned some things from reading about it, so it wasn't a waste of time.

I tried documenting calories some of my days. But, we were gone to Kansas City over the weekend, and I didn't do it then.

In the past, as long as I ate "enough" two days per week, that worked for me. I don't know, this time, if I was eating too little even on those days, or if the cutting back more than I used to on the other five days is what did me in, but I just think my metabolism was all messed up from eating too little.

So, I'll do what I've often preached: "change it up". I've decided, instead of following the Reverse Diet, just to increase my calories in my own way. I'll still try to do a fair bit of documenting calories, just so that I'm aware of how I'm doing. Increasing my calories in my own way seems like my own form of reverse dieting anyways, so it might be just as effective.

And I'm not going to stress about weight until I've been doing this awhile and decide to return to dieting.

In the meantime, I did lose some weight late spring and early summer, prior to my vacation, so I'm not as high as I was in 2014, following my two flares with steroids.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still the same but not complaining too much--116 is still OK.

I've been busy with paperwork associated with going to a different dentist and at the same time signing up for different dental insurance, plus the usual overload of paperwork around the first of the month. I'm sorry I didn't put in an appearance last week.

Congratulations to all who have been successful in their weight loss program!
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

I'm up 2 lbs to 212 since the last time I weighed in. I also just started back to work today. I definitely enjoyed my time off, but getting back into a routine and schedule will be helpful in staying on track!

Comment

gained

We just came back from a trip to Ohio. We ate terribly on our trip (a lot of fast food). I've caught a cold. I hope to get back to eating clean and walking. First I will get over this cold.

8/29/15 156
          9/8/15 157.5
          Be Blessed
          DX'D RRMS in 1994 started Copaxone in 2007

Comment

Working...
          X