Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 7/23/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 7/23/15

Hi Everyone. I hope you are all doing well, certainly better than I. I see myself inching upward again and need to get a grip. I have decided to try self talk wherein I will say out loud, “you do not need that, remember your goal,” when I am tempted to eat indiscriminately. I am really starting to feel fearful about not gaining control. My granddaughter is coming soon and then my brother. Company usually sets me back because of eating out and not following my own advice. I have to remind myself that I have succeeded before and that there is no reason I cannot do so again. Wish me luck.

I gained half a pound so weigh 115.5. I will try to lose a half pound this week.

Agate, I absolutely agree with you about all the temptations with which we are faced. I like your positive attitude and self talk. I am sure you can do as you say. Remember it is positive that you had no gain for the week. Keep fighting the good fight.

Mamabug, sorry about you small gain. Maybe it is leftover from your vacation. Revel in the fact you are still in the 120s. I know you can get back on track and once again see that scale go down. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, if I’m not mistaken it is about time for your surgery. I do hope it goes well or has gone well whichever the case may be. Do let us know how you are.

Malaholic, sorry to miss you this week. Hope to hear from you soon.

Poohb3ar, I hope all is well with you. I hope drop by before long.

Portia, good for you for going down even though it was a small amount. Every bit counts and proves that you can move that scale in the right direction. You are so close to getting to a new category, just one pound away. Keep up the momentum.

Msgijo, so sorry to miss you this week. I do hope all is well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

A trick to encourage mindful eating is to focus on the taste of food instead of the activity you're doing while eating (like staring at a TV screen or reading emails). "Cultivate [your] taste buds by focusing on the first three to six bites of food," says Chere Bork, MS, RDN, a speaker and coach in Minneapolis. "Taste buds are chemical sensors that get tired very quickly, so unless you're very hungry, the first few bites of a food will taste better than the next few bites. After a larger amount, you may actually have very little taste experience left." By savoring the early bites, especially when it comes to rich foods like chocolate and cheese, you will satisfy hunger and cravings without eating large portions.

Weight loss Results for 7-16-15:

Total Loss:

.7 pound by two members. Just remember that every little bit counts. Small losses are so much better than gaining. Once again, losses prove that it can be done. Let’s hope for more good numbers next tine.

Total Gain:

.8 pound by one member. Posting gains, even small ones is most worthwhile. It is a sign that the process of losing weight is being taken seriously. It is a warning to others that gains can happen. Thanks for posting.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3733.3 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. We have hit a new milestone. We now have less than 275 pounds to reach two tons. That is truly awesome.

Got a surprise when I stepped on the scale. 159.2
    Last week I was 161, so I've lost 1.8 lbs. I have no idea how.
    Portia

Comment

Gained 1.2 lbs

6/25: 128.8 lbs
      7/16: 129.6 lbs
      7/23: 130.8 lbs

Going the wrong direction. I'd thought I was kind of back on track, since I've been home, with my eating, but I'll try, this week to be pretty skimpy on my "medium days" and maybe even track calories on my "enough days". I'll likely see a drop next week if I employ those strategies.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 116. My weight loss graph is stuck at that point. I'm trying to imagine the line going down a little. That thought is encouraging.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
        X