Announcement

Collapse

CHANGES AT MSWORLD - MSWORLD'S CLOSURE

We began with a mission and purpose to help others living with MS.

We were excited to get going!

And hit a few bumps along the way…

However, in all seriousness, we remain grateful for our amazing volunteers, members & all who have made MSWorld a valuable resource for all!

July 10, 2024, we celebrated the goodness of these past 28 years. With a heavy heart, we will be ending our services.

We need a financial miracle to keep going forward.

We thank all for your support.

MSWorld's website will close on October 16, 2024.

“I personally want to wish all of you the guidance to find this type of support, as so many do here. Also, my prayers and love extends beyond my understanding. It has been a pleasure to steward this journey.”

God Bless you, Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson
Founding President
❤️

we leave knowing that
we did our best and
stayed true to our mission and purpose.

Please visit our General Questions and Answers forum to read more.
See more
See less

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/30/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/30/15

Hi Everyone. I received an email from a casual friend with whom I communicate at Christmastime. She sent me an article extolling the virtues of Choice 1000 Caralluma, a diet supplement extracted from a cactus in India. An endorsement from Oprah and Dr. Oz was included. Dr. Oz’ credentials in endorsing weight loss supplements have certainly been called into question of late. I did some research and found an article citing two studies that showed no benefit from use of Choice 1000 Caralluma. I only report this because it is just one more example of there being no easy fixes. Certainly there is such a thing as placebo effect but such results are limited at best. The only magic is the amount of calories that enable one to see results on the scale or by tape measure. The friend who sent me the article is very obese and I hope she finds whatever works best for her. I am puzzled as to why she sent me the article. Perhaps I was heavier the last time I saw her. It was nice of her to think of me for whatever reason.

Alas, I gained half a pound this week so again weigh 116. I will have to get a grip here.

Agate, that is fantastic that you continue to hold steady without gaining any weight at all. We should all follow your lead. In answer to your question I snack on baby carrots. I eat them while I am fixing my dinner salad so that I don’t eat anything else with lots of calories. Sometimes when I feel the urge to eat something between meals I again eat some carrots. Radishes would probably be better but I have never been fond of them. Broccoli would also be a good choice. If I can splurge I sometimes eat a small apple, some pineapple or a clementine but that is seldom. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, how wonderful about you volunteering at preschool. I’m sure that keeps you young! No doubt if you go back to monitoring your food intake you will lose weight. You certainly have the track record. Blessings.

Hsmaldo, I’m sorry we missed you again this week and hope we haven’t lost you.

Malaholic, it’s good to see you back. I can’t tell you how impressed I am that you lost a bit of weight during all the traveling. You deserve an award! Sorry to hear you expect to have a hard time at work for awhile. I hope you don’t wear yourself out. Keep up the momentum.

hlburke87, I hope you are continuing to do well and that we will hear from you when you have a scale available. Actually we would love to hear from you even if you can’t weigh.

Poohb3ar, I hope all is going well with you and your family. I hope you pop in again sometime soon.

Portia, your relatively small loss counts once more. Keep in mind the turtle and the hare. I am a Chicagoland transplant but have been in this suburb for many years. What a miserable winter we had. I hope it is better wherever you are now. Keep that scale going down.

Msgijo, my goodness, you had quite a loss this week and doing so while eating fudge is remarkable. I am astonished with all you do. Your yard must be gorgeous. And having a greenhouse is outstanding. Little chicks, how adorable. Sorry you lost the ones last year. Good luck with all of your activities.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

The next time you begin to have the glimmerings of hunger between meals relax and have a cup of coffee either caffeinated or decaffeinated (if you drink coffee). Coffee has been shown to provide healthy antioxidants. Tea is also a good choice for the same reason. Of course you defeat the purpose when adding cream and or sugar. Nonfat milk is a reasonable choice. Many of us like coffee black and tea with nothing added which are great iced in the hot summer which will be here before we know it.

Weight loss Results for 4-23-15:

Total Loss:

3.7 pounds by four members. Fantastic! There was only one very small gain this week. Hooray for us. We are shining examples that it can be done. We are our own inspiration. May we ever be so successful.

Total Gain:

.2 pound by one member. Posting gains, even small ones, keeps us on our toes. Posting gains is truly worthwhile. Reporting gains serves as a warning to oneself and others. Reporting gains is an indication that goals are being taken seriously.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3694.5 is the total weight loss for the past 13 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 350 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

Stayed the same this week . Still got 12.2 pounds to go.

I was 'helping' my dh build a ramp this past week instead of doing 'my stuff'. He saw me trip coming up the steps a time too many and decided that he would go ahead and build a w/c ramp for me, so I felt that I had to at least make an effort to help him. Mostly being a gofer for him, but it is always difficult for me to eat properly when he is home. It seems like he is always eating. And since we are both diabetic he feels that I am suppose to eat as much and as often as he does (never mind that I don't suffer from the extreme highs and lows that he does ).

My aunt brought 7 more azaleas to me this week (like I needed or even really even wanted them). When I started trying to set them out dh started nagging that I was 'overdoing it' . But he is back on day shift again now so maybe I can get back into the grove again.

Karen, my yards are not as lovely as they sound. More like a work in progress. I want to do some work on the Koi pond this year, but that may or may not happen. Then only thing that I really KNOW I will attempt to get done with the pond is to re-do the overflow line. It has gotten clogged with roots from wild blackberry bushes (the berries were SO good last year, but they gotta go!). At least there are plenty more bushes in the back of my property that I don't maintain, so I can still have fresh blackberries .

Comment

Lost 0.6 lbs

4/23: 136.4 lbs
      4/30: 135.8 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Last week I was 163.2.
        This week I'm at 162.4.
        Almost a pound. I'd say it was from fasting for doctor's appointment on Thursday morning, but I made up for that later

I looked back to when I began posting here to see how much I weighed then. Beginning of January I weighed 167, so I've lost 4 1/2 lbs in four months. At this rate, I'll be 150 this time next year, which is ok. But I'm going to try to get there quicker. Then I'll evaluate my overall health (and the way my clothes fit) and decide if I want to lose more.

It's irritating being sort of between sizes. One size is too big, the next one down is too small. Nothing fits.
        Portia

Comment

Still at 115 but I now have a real incentive to lose a few more pounds. I ordered a new pair of summer-weight pants and they fit in every way except that they're a bit snug in the waist, with no possibility of moving buttons over a tad.

I could possibly return them for an exchange but that's a bother. I'll just eat less and hope I can fit into them better by the time the really hot weather is here.

Karen, I found that there are radishes that have almost no taste, and then there are some that have a very sharp flavor. There seems to be no way of figuring out what kind you're getting when you buy them either. Baby carrots sound like a great snack option.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X