Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/9/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/9/15

Hi Everyone. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with the personal information given about motivation to lose weight. It is a great help to hear various reasons to lose and how they might apply to those who are struggling to make the commitment. Thank you all so much for your valuable input and good luck to those who are undecided about changing eating habits. I commend all who have remained committed which is another hurdle in one’s weight loss journey. I am currently struggling to remain committed on a consistent basis and gain strength from hearing of the success of others. Thank you all.

I really went in the wrong direction. I gained 1.5 pounds this week, so now weigh 116.5, 1.5 pounds beyond my goal weight. I know some is due to considerably more salt than I usually consume but that’s not all of it. I will try my best to get back on my program in earnest before I spiral out of control completely.

Agate, you continue on the right path. Good going. Thank you for your kind words. I returned to normal and still have chest pains which the doctor thinks is muscle pain. Too much exercise no doubt. Ahem, we know better than that. Keep doing what you are doing. Yours is such a resounding success story..

Mamabug, you aren’t doing bad for taking a break. It will be interesting to see how your strategy works. In a way I have done the same thing, not focused on losing or maintaining the way I have in the past. I hope you will keep us up to date on how things are going. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, I”m sorry we missed you this week and hope all is well.

Malaholic, my goodness. You have done phenomenally well with your vacation and travels. Few of us could come back with only having gained one pound. I don’t remember what your goal weight is but you must be quite close. I am feeling better than I was, thanks for asking. I am relieved to know I don’t have a heart problem even though I still have chest pain which the doctor believes is a muscle pain. It was worse when I lifted weights yesterday which makes sense for it being muscular. Hope you have a good week.

hlburke87, I hope you are continuing to do so well and that we will hear from you when you have a scale available. Actually we would love to hear from you even if you can’t weigh.

Poohb3ar, sorry you are going to need to take a hiatus. We will miss you. But you do need to do what is best at the moment. I hope you will drop in and say hi once in awhile. Very best wishes.

Portia, good for you for your small loss. You continue to go in the right direction. It sounds like you are eating the right things in the right quantities which will continue to help you show positive results. Thank you about your touching story about your beloved Nanny. Personal stories mean so much when discussing motivation. Thank you for the acknowledgment regarding my heart. Blessings.

Msgijo, it sounds like you have had quite an active week. Apparently your trip with your energizer bunny was a great work out. You may find it very helpful to use a pedometer. Several people have reported using them. May you continue doing so well.

Zilphia01, so sorry to miss you this week and hope you will let us know how you are doing.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for thirteen years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz reports “Researchers found that dieters who ate eggs in the morning were less hungry than those who ate carb-heavy meals.” This finding is logical because it is a well known fact that protein staves off hunger for longer than do carbs. Of course there are vast differences in carbs. Whole grain is much better than refined grains. A whole grain is cereal grain that contains the germ, endosperm, and bran, in contrast to refined grains, which retain only the endosperm. Thus, protein stays longest but whole grains are a good second choice.

Weight loss Results for 4-2-15:

Total Loss:

.2 pound by one member. Remember every fraction counts. This week, Portia, you proved it can be done. It also indicates to others than losing is possible. May we all find ourselves in the Loss column next time.

Total Gain:

1.9 pounds by three members. Gains this week are up. I pray it is not a trend. Remember, reporting gains is very important because it keeps us on our toes and is a warning sign to all who struggle. Reporting gains is an indication that goals are being taken seriously.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3690.9 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 350 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

Stayed the same this week. Still at 164. My mother is coming for a visit in May, so I have to clean house. It's a mess. Maybe that will knock a few pounds off, haha. Where is everybody? Well wishes
    Portia

Comment

Gained 0.6 lbs

4/9: 135.8 lbs
      4/2: 135.2 lbs

Taking my break. Hope that will motivate me to become, temporarily, more focused, following the break, and ready to meticulously count calories for awhile, if i need to.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Portia View Post
        Stayed the same this week. Still at 164. My mother is coming for a visit in May, so I have to clean house. It's a mess. Maybe that will knock a few pounds off, haha. Where is everybody? Well wishes
        Sleeping.
        After you finish at your place you are welcome to come and do mine .
        I looked online at the Fit-bit you mentioned in an earlier post. It sounds good - the only bad reviews I saw concerned the batteries. Hmm Mothers day is coming next month. Maybe if I hint enough ...

This past week I was busy in the yard (again). I finally transplanted my grandmothers azaleas (15 of them), planted 3 fig trees (1 was a transplant) and put 7 blueberry bushes in the ground. And added 3 flats of filler flowers to the big flower bed. Just FYI for those who don't do flowers "transplanting" means digging the plants up and hauling them to the their new home and then re-planting them = twice the work for each plant.

Mother Nature has been kind enough to help with watering the new plants but she is bringing warmer weather with her . I am not sure how much longer I will be able to do all this outside stuff - we have already had upper 80's low 90's here. It is suppose to be 'cooler' early next week, so maybe I can get the rest of the planting done then.

Mamabug: I used a variation of your method years ago. I was kinda strict all week, but 1 day a week I designated as a "free day". It seemed to help that when I was tempted with say doughnuts that I knew that in X number of days I could have them. Usually by the time the 'free day' arrived I found that I no longer craved them (or not as much). And I did lose weight like that. So good luck re-setting .

ShrinkKaren: I have a real life motivator for your "I am currently struggling to remain committed on a consistent basis". My dh is insulin dependent diabetic. No, he doesn't do everything like he should, but it is like a tightrope for him. He has to try to gauge his food intake against his insulin intake and then throw in the variables like being active (how much insulin is he burning?) or maybe stress or something like an illness (cold?). This is all day every day. And it doesn't always work. I had to go to his job the other day to pick him up because his sugar went too low. Now his tightrope could result in his death if he falls. But isn't your health just as important? You can do this.

Comment

Thanks, msgijo. Hoping it will help.

I lost 60 lbs in 2010 / 2011. Gained a few back, following menopause. And gained 7 back, twice, in 2014, due to steroids when I had MS flares. So, I went from 118 lbs in 2011 to my current almost 140. Still lower, thankfully, than the 180 lbs that I started at. !!! But, so much harder to lose the weight, this time, with the over-age-50 hormones going on.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X